Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    You can't get AP to 12 characters at once by doing world quests. You can get AP to 12 characters at once by having them run missions.
    ...because most people have 12 110s two weeks into an expansion? I'm not denying the Order Hall doesn't have conveniences but for the vast majority of players they're far less obligatory than WoD's Garrison table.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    ...because most people have 12 110s two weeks into an expansion?
    Why should they have characters on max level two weeks into the expansion? You didn't say anything about two weeks into the expansion. You said the mission table is useless. I pointed out how it is not.

Why should they have characters on max level two weeks into the expansion? You didn't say anything about two weeks into the expansion. You said the mission table is useless. I pointed out how it is not.
    My mistake for predisposing the 110 bit but most people haven't even bothered to move their alts out of their Garrisons, much less get them to the point where they're able to use the Order Hall mission table (twelve times). More to the point, though, I never said the table was useless. I simply wanted to point out that the Order Hall mission table in Legion is decidedly less intrinsic towards character progression than WoD's Garrison mission table. I stand by what I said, despite numerous people in this thread accusing me of saying things I didn't.

Deleted
    accusing me of saying things I didn't.
    Well, just so I don't do that, let's just quote you again;

there's very little reason to use the table unless you have a weird nostalgic boner for WoD's Garrison.
    The way I read that is that the "very little reason to use the table" is if you have a "weird nostalgic boner for WoD's garrison", which in turn translates to "it's useless."

However, the more alts you get to a point where they have an artifact and can run missions for AP tokens, the more use the mission table has. You can play one character, and meanwhile your alts will be gaining AP. You can't do that without the mission table. Even if you only play two characters and that's it, the table is still useful.

I simply used the extreme example of having all 12 (or even more) characters gain AP simultaneously thanks to the table by doing long missions that last several hours, but only take a few seconds to initiate. As contrast, you can't gain AP simultaneously to 12 characters by doing world quests, dungeons or battlegrounds, and all of the aforementioned require work, which the mission table does not.

That's about it.

You've posted the problem but not the solution.

To start getting low level quests again - deactivate your high ilvl followers and activate a low ilvl follower. Unfortunately you can only activate/deactivate one follower a day but this will solve the problem.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    You've posted the problem but not the solution.

To start getting low level quests again - deactivate your high ilvl followers and activate a low ilvl follower. Unfortunately you can only activate/deactivate one follower a day but this will solve the problem.
    Good advice, probably a good idea to stockpile the upgrades a bit before applying them too, in order to get 5 champs to the same lvl.

I thought it would be different than WoD garrisons because I don't have to send 3 champions out on one mission, hell I dont even have to fill three slots anymore to send the mission.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    I've had three that were 810 and it's kind of silly that higher ilvl than you can do keep popping up. WoD didn't have this problem.
    Garrison Missions of higher ilvl recommendation that required two or three Followers popped up when a single Follower reached that ilvl.

Well, just so I don't do that, let's just quote you again;

The way I read that is that the "very little reason to use the table" is if you have a "weird nostalgic boner for WoD's garrison", which in turn translates to "it's useless."

However, the more alts you get to a point where they have an artifact and can run missions for AP tokens, the more use the mission table has. You can play one character, and meanwhile your alts will be gaining AP. You can't do that without the mission table. Even if you only play two characters and that's it, the table is still useful.

I simply used the extreme example of having all 12 (or even more) characters gain AP simultaneously thanks to the table by doing long missions that last several hours, but only take a few seconds to initiate. As contrast, you can't gain AP simultaneously to 12 characters by doing world quests, dungeons or battlegrounds, and all of the aforementioned require work, which the mission table does not.

That's about it.
    Your interpretation of what I said isn't exactly accurate which is why I worded my rebuttal the way I did. For a player with a single toon at max level who isn't overly concerned with maximizing their AP gains/gold generation, the emphasis on keeping your Order Hall mission table at full efficiency is much less important than your Garrison was in WoD. I personally believe this is an intentional mechanism on Blizzard's part since there was a recent Blue post which mentioned the five champion maximum in place to prevent the table from feeling "too similar" to a Garrison. Yes, it does have benefits and conveniences which are unable to be replicated elsewhere; but I think it's important to keep a frame of reference that it's, yet again, less important.

I'll admit my original post was a bit incendiary but I still stand by the sentiment.

I feel less bad about it now that I know it's not just me. Blizzard should really get on this.

If you don't play these alts, won't they very quickly run out of resources to fund this flow of AP from missions?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    If you don't play these alts, won't they very quickly run out of resources to fund this flow of AP from missions?
    The class campaign gives quite a bit, and obviously those classes get played some. Else, why bother with the AP anyway.

Supplementary PSA: After your Order Hall campaign is complete, there's very little reason to use the table unless you have a weird nostalgic boner for WoD's Garrison.
    You mean unless you want the free gold, resources, AP, toys, and dungeon quests, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    You mean unless you want the free gold, resources, AP, toys, and dungeon quests, right?
    None of those things are intrinsically associated with your characters' progression, so yes. You can make an argument for the AP gains but it's still fairly negligible when compared to WQs. You can make another argument that it's way easier to press three fucking buttons on a Facebook game than it is to go out and finish a WQ, but since I personally strongly dislike this even being an option it's a pretty moot point.

To each their own, though. I'm not going to campaign against anybody who uses the Order Hall to their advantage, I just feel it's important to know it isn't nearly as obligatory as your Garrison was in WoD.

You can make an argument for the AP gains but it's still fairly negligible when compared to WQs.
    Not exactly true either. I'm at a point where every mission that rewards an AP boost has the bonus chance of giving me a +750 AP item as well. So assuming you select your followers properly, that's over 1000 AP. The only time a world quest offers me nearly that much is when it's a quest to kill elites in Suramar, otherwise it's all around 200-300 AP. If you get your followers geared, you can get lots of different bonus like mission time reduction, or mission success chance boost if it's over/under a certain amount of time. That makes it very easy to get a big bonus chance boost.

If you invest a bit of time in it at the start to get them leveled and geared, you eventually just send your followers once every 12 hours or so, while you go do your world quests. You essentially gain twice as much AP at the end of the day while still putting in the same amount of effort. Far from negligible.

I think the problem is that you're allowed too few followers. TBH, they shouldn't cap it at 5, and just let you use the full 7 or whatever many it is total

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I think the problem is that you're allowed too few followers. TBH, they shouldn't cap it at 5, and just let you use the full 7 or whatever many it is total
    This. And then they should add some missions for gear, too. Perhaps a weekly cache that awards Mythic gear. Then add a few missions for your weekly bonus roll. Ah, and make it so that you have a chance at getting your Legendary items from the missions, too. Additionally, give us the option to move our Order Hall to its own separate solo instance, then let us construct buildings for our professions and whatnot. And when we're done with all these innovations, maybe they can rename it to something more appropriate. The word escapes my grasp, though. Ferretschon? Schmarrison?

Oh well, I doubt they'll ever do this anyway.

Supplementary PSA: After your Order Hall campaign is complete, there's very little reason to use the table unless you have a weird nostalgic boner for WoD's Garrison.
    Blatantly wrong. AP items / dungeon quest items / free gold etc

saw this thread too late. yeah i have one follower at 830 and all the missions are 820+ with 0 or -15% chance. GG

The class campaign gives quite a bit, and obviously those classes get played some. Else, why bother with the AP anyway.
    Sure. But I was more thinking compared to WoD, where for instance I leveled some alts to 110 and then left them on ice until I felt the mood to play them. But during that time, they accumulated loads of raid gear via their garrisons.

If order hall resources were self-sustaining the way garrison resources were, I could imagine leveling alts and then just camping them there collecting AK and AP until you felt like playing them some more.

Deleted
    Doesn't help, my order class champions are all around 810. my missions start at 820-830. I don't have any others left and because Shamans only get a chance at upgrades from completed missions rather than an option to produce them using order resources they mayorly screwed us over. Thanks Blizzard!