Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    So you don't like someone says and say 'go fuck yourself'. Great way to get your point across.

Yes we get it, to you Nost was a magical place full of gumdrops and kittens. No bad players there, no immersion breaking bugs or situations, no gold seller spam, no cheaters, everyone was helpful and kind. Yeahhhhh sure it was.
    Those are always going to exist, heck they still exist in the current version of WoW and will exist long past the point WoW exists. Having played both I can tell you that most of the base on Nost was helpful, and they were about as kind as you can expect from an online community these days.

Everything you listed still exists in the current WoW, so they are moot points when you compare the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Those are always going to exist, heck they still exist in the current version of WoW and will exist long past the point WoW exists. Having played both I can tell you that most of the base on Nost was helpful, and they were about as kind as you can expect from an online community these days.

Everything you listed still exists in the current WoW, so they are moot points when you compare the two.
    Nah I get it there are multiple kinds of people in both games, but so many Nost-fanboys run in here and gush about how great it was and always obfuscate the bad parts of Nost and I always find that funny.

Nah I get it there are multiple kinds of people in both games, but so many Nost-fanboys run in here and gush about how great it was and always obfuscate the bad parts of Nost and I always find that funny.
    They really don't, its just hard for most of you to understand on the other side of things that those bad things, or even the lack of QoL updates is what brings some of the charm to Vanilla.

A perfect example is mounts. In Vanilla if you got in water your mount went away, I forgot this when I went to play it. It was jarring at first, but then it became just another thing to like about it. It's an older mentality on certain aspects of game design, and some people just really like those older ideas. Some of those Blizzard has recently gone back to themselves, aka professions needing other professions as an example.

They really don't, its just hard for most of you to understand on the other side of things that those bad things, or even the lack of QoL updates is what brings some of the charm to Vanilla.

A perfect example is mounts. In Vanilla if you got in water your mount went away, I forgot this when I went to play it. It was jarring at first, but then it became just another thing to like about it. It's an older mentality on certain aspects of game design, and some people just really like those older ideas. Some of those Blizzard has recently gone back to themselves, aka professions needing other professions as an example.
    I mean I get what the quality of life/gameplay was back then, it is the community i was mainly talking about how people gush about how super amazing it is on Nost as if there were no bad players and problems.

I don't feel the game is any more immersive back then than it is now but that is just my opinion on it. I'm not super big on nostalgia myself though I get why people like it.

I mean I get what the quality of life/gameplay was back then, it is the community i was mainly talking about how people gush about how super amazing it is on Nost as if there were no bad players and problems.

I don't feel the game is any more immersive back then than it is now but that is just my opinion on it. I'm not super big on nostalgia myself though I get why people like it.
    It was more immersive though. You pretty much lived in Azeroth as opposed to up until recently you spent most of your time sitting in a major city or your garrison waiting on a Queue. There are some exceptions, MoP being one, but even then once your were done with the daily grind it was back to sitting on queues. Legion has done a much better job of making at least the Broken Isles at least feel relevant for more than a couple of hours, which is one reason I think people are liking it so much atm.

And compared to the general WoW community we've had for the last several years, Nost was a fairy tale land. This is due most because people had nothing to complain about because you knew what you were getting from the start.

It was more immersive though. You pretty much lived in Azeroth as opposed to up until recently you spent most of your time sitting in a major city or your garrison waiting on a Queue. There are some exceptions, MoP being one, but even then once your were done with the daily grind it was back to sitting on queues. Legion has done a much better job of making at least the Broken Isles at least feel relevant for more than a couple of hours, which is one reason I think people are liking it so much atm.

And compared to the general WoW community we've had for the last several years, Nost was a fairy tale land. This is due most because people had nothing to complain about because you knew what you were getting from the start.
    Look when you are doing mythic dungeons and soon to be mythic+ you aren't waiting in a queue for dungeon finder to pop. Flying to a dungeon while I alt tabbed 12 years ago wasn't immersive either. And umm you do know most people looking for groups in Vanilla sat in major cities waiting to form groups through trade right? So instead of hoping to find a group in trade people could queue for a heroic or form a mythic group using the group finder tool.

I played Vanilla the community had plenty of toxic people and assholes on many realms I played on. In Vanilla they stood out more because so many people were sitting in town in trade chat either forming groups, selling items or shooting the breeze. People can claim Nost was the second coming of Christ for all I care, watch what kind of realms you get if Blizzard ever opens them, it won't be the fairy tail land you are thinking.

10+ Year Old Account

This.
    It's nice that in order to craft Imbued Silkweave items I need to travel through a hostile city, locate a small house, and use a portal to get to the mana loom.
    Those small inconveniences give the game real charm. QoL updates suck, bring back weapon skills and forges inside instances to smelt ore.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inder/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    The expansion is not The Dark Below.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Also, the expansion is not Corgis Unleashed either.

Quote Originally Posted by Chookchan View Post
    This.
    It's nice that in order to craft Imbued Silkweave items I need to travel through a hostile city, locate a small house, and use a portal to get to the mana loom.
    Those small inconveniences give the game real charm. QoL updates suck, bring back weapon skills and forges inside instances to smelt ore.
    K? Now when I'm heading to my world quest for artifact power or an item I'm being assaulted by mobs my level the whole way there. Guess what that is? Small inconveniences.

Weapon skills weren't fun. They were just a pointless thing that once you ground out the points you never bothered with it again. Most of the ore you smelted in WoW over the years took place in your home city and only certain times did you have to go forge dark iron or whatever. And now there is the Obliterum forge so you can go out and deal with that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    And it being illegal is IRRELEVANT to everyone but Blizzard. People aren't arguing that it's illegal, they arguing that it shouldn't be. But you faggots can't wrap your head around that.
    "People's intellectual property shouldn't be protected because I want to play vanilla WoW."

Okay. You're welcome to your opinion. In this case it's a pretty deplorable opinion, but it's still yours.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    oh look, it's this shit again....

I hope at Blizzcon they come out and say " So all you guy wanting private servers, we have an announcement outside for you". They go outside and there's a sign that says "Go fuck yourselves"

Edit: Also, Legion > MoP > Wrath > Cata > TBC > Shitting blood > Vanilla.
    Last edited by Tommi; 2016-09-14 at 02:07 AM.

So you don't like someone says and say 'go fuck yourself'. Great way to get your point across.

Yes we get it, to you Nost was a magical place full of gumdrops and kittens. No bad players there, no immersion breaking bugs or situations, no gold seller spam, no cheaters, everyone was helpful and kind. Yeahhhhh sure it was.
    Retail has these issues as well....
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Retail has these issues as well....
    Which was exactly my point....I'm glad you detected the obvious sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    "People's intellectual property shouldn't be protected because I want to play vanilla WoW."

Okay. You're welcome to your opinion. In this case it's a pretty deplorable opinion, but it's still yours.
    Blizzard was scared of the growing community on Nost, that is the truth. If Blizzard was actively getting these servers shutdown, then the intellectual property argument would be beleivable.
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Blizzard was scared of the growing community on Nost, that is the truth. If Blizzard was actively getting these servers shutdown, then the intellectual property argument would be beleivable.
    Disclaimer: the word 'truth' in that statement is an opinion that may or may not be shared by other people in this discussion.

Which was exactly my point....I'm glad you detected the obvious sarcasm.
    Both versions of the game have these issues, so what is your point?

- - - Updated - - -

Disclaimer: the word 'truth' in that statement may be an opinion that may or may not be shared by other people in this discussion.
    It makes sense if you have half a brain.

Both versions of the game have these issues, so what is your point?
    ...go back and read the post I quoted. My takeaway is that people paint Nost as this magical paradise of kittens and gumdrops and always gloss over or ignore the problems it had. They always say the community was super amazing and every player paying for free would always pay Blizz if Blizz hosted Legacy servers. Basically they are full of shit. There are bad apples in every large community, gold sellers abounded on retail and were around on Nost. Many other issues happened, it was not perfect like people try to paint it as.

Quote Originally Posted by jpedrote52 View Post
    so go fuck yourself, I'm not forcing you to play vanilla, or denying you your legion expansion so stop saying the way i like to play the game is wrong.
    Way to completely undermine your first paragraph. This kind of defensive knee-jerk reaction to criticism is why Nost fans get passed off as whiny crybabies.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2016-09-14 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    oh look, it's this shit again....

I hope at Blizzcon they come out and say " So all you guy wanting private servers, we have an announcement outside for you". They go outside and there's a sign that says "Go fuck yourselves"

Edit: Also, Legion > MoP > Wrath > Cata > TBC > Shitting blood > Vanilla.
    I continue to not see why this bothers people like you. What is it to you? Why do you go into a retro fan thread and shit on everyone?

I find the older expansions incredibly immersive and addictive, a world unto itself. A place of true magic and mystery. It is a game that has not been matched since. If Blizzard released official Legacy servers I would pay for that, in a heartbeat!

Retail wow sucks Sorry I need to use language you seem to understand. But I'll be just as direct.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    This thread still going strong I see, cool.

one thing is for sure; as a ex-Raider playing casually only, there will come a time when I run out of content
    Well whats gonna happen when you run out of content on the classic server then? There was even LESS to do for some one casually then. No dailies, no meaningful reps, no mount farming, no achievements, no lfr/lfd level pve.

I think if you are running out of content in any game, the answer is to just do serious pve. It doesn't take much time at all, and then you would never run out of enjoyment because you would making lasting friendships each time you entered a raid.

I do agree if they made it possible for legacy servers to coincide with lulls in progression content it would be good for the playerbase, but the real solution is just not let there be lulls.
    Based on their plans for 7.1 and then Nighthold, I think we may very well see that as the case this next year or so.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

...go back and read the post I quoted. My takeaway is that people paint Nost as this magical paradise of kittens and gumdrops and always gloss over or ignore the problems it had. They always say the community was super amazing and every player paying for free would always pay Blizz if Blizz hosted Legacy servers. Basically they are full of shit. There are bad apples in every large community, gold sellers abounded on retail and were around on Nost. Many other issues happened, it was not perfect like people try to paint it as.
    Noone is saying that, if they are, they are a very tiny minority. Many people have said they would pay for Blizz hosted Legacy servers, including streamers that pledged to stream it. The community was super amazing, even though there were bad apples. Shit many people didn't even know about Nost, and many people that knew about it, were scared away due to it being illegal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Way to completely undermine your first paragraph. This kind of defensive knee-jerk reaction to criticism is why Nost fans get passed off as whiny crybabies.
    We are human beings, some people can contain their emotions easier. He still has a valid point.