Page 15 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by janzy View Post
    Any updates on our openner with the 3 shards factored in?
    Looking at our opener, it removes a couple Demonbolt casts so we aren't past the cap. I believe for Single Target it should just then be:

Demonic Empowerment - Prepull
    Demonbolt - Prepull, (praying for Demonic Calling proc) [4 shards after cast]
    Doom
    Demonbolt (praying for Demonic Calling proc) [5]
    Doomguard [4]
    Demonic Empowerment
    Hand of Gul'dan [1]
    Call Dreadstalkers [0-1]
    Demonic Empowerment
    Thal'kiel's Consumption
    (priority as usual)

----------------------
    If you have talented Hands of Doom, perhaps:

Hand of Gul'dan (applying Doom) [0]
    Demonbolt (praying for Demonic Calling proc) [1]
    Doomguard [0]
    Demonic Empowerment
    Demonbolt (until 2 shards or Demonic Calling proc, whichever occurs first)
    Call Dreadstalkers [0-2]
    Demonic Empowerment
    Thal'kiel's Consumption
    (priority as usual)
    Last edited by Fyoria; 2016-09-13 at 07:38 PM. Reason: hands of doom talented

Quote Originally Posted by janzy View Post
    Any updates on our openner with the 3 shards factored in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyoria View Post
    Looking at our opener, it removes a couple Demonbolt casts so we aren't past the cap. I believe for Single Target it should just then be:

Doom
    Doomguard [4]
    Demonic Empowerment
    Hand of Gul'dan [1-2]
    Call Dreadstalkers [0]
    Demonic Empowerment
    Thal'kiel's Consumption
    (priority as usual)

----------------------
    If you have talented Hands of Doom, perhaps:

Hand of Gul'dan (applying Doom) [0]
    Demonbolt (praying for Demonic Calling proc) [1]
    Doomguard [0]
    Demonic Empowerment
    Demonbolt (until 2 shards or Demonic Calling proc, whichever occurs first)
    Call Dreadstalkers [0-2]
    Demonic Empowerment
    Thal'kiel's Consumption
    (priority as usual)
    Updating soon (tm). Probably in a couple hours.

Cool - should have emphasized I am at work at the moment so have not tested the changes I mentioned. While writing it up, I started thinking perhaps Hand of Doom should be the go-to talent to choose with the 3 base shard change now. I also notice in your 20% haste version you have it talented.

Deleted
    gonna start leveling my demo weapon tonight a bit. It seems to be a good single target spec isn't it? Simulationcraft atleast says so (no idea how good the numbers are)

got 19 levels in my destro so I don't think demo is going to be close, but I need to see for myself I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Fyoria View Post
    Cool - should have emphasized I am at work at the moment so have not tested the changes I mentioned. While writing it up, I started thinking perhaps Hand of Doom should be the go-to talent to choose with the 3 base shard change now. I also notice in your 20% haste version you have it talented.
    Your thoughts on rotations weren't/aren't actually that far off, the 3 base Soul Shards thing almost doesn't work in our favour of using Demonic Calling since there are less total casts of Shadow Bolt/Demonbolt so less chances for it to proc. With that being said did a few things today so far;

• Updated Single Target rotation to reflect having 3 Soul Shards (included rotations for Shadowflame and Demonic Calling)
    • Added 1 additional FAQ
    • Updated some of the talent info
    • Removed Mixed Rotation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Demonic Calling Opening Rotation
    • Demonbolt (praying for Demonic Calling proc) - 5 Soul Shards
    • Hand of Gul'dan - 1 Soul Shards
    • Call Dreadstalkers - 1 Soul Shards
    • Demonic Empowerment
    Am I missing something here? You can't cast Dreadstalkers with one soul shard. Getting a DC to proc from two demonbolts is a pretty big ask.
    Last edited by Chookchan; 2016-09-13 at 11:45 PM.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inder/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    The expansion is not The Dark Below.
    Also, the expansion is not Corgis Unleashed either.

Quote Originally Posted by Chookchan View Post
    Am I missing something here? You can't cast Dreadstalkers with one soul shard. Getting a DC to proc from two demonbolts is a pretty big ask.
    Well it's 3 and if you don't get it you can delay the dog cast until your next hog rotation and get another 2 chances.

If you don't get it, it's kinda lame; but it's more than possible.

Well it's 3 and if you don't get it you can delay the dog cast until your next hog rotation and get another 2 chances.

If you don't get it, it's kinda lame; but it's more than possible.
    How the flying fuck are you supposed to do the shadowflame opener with 20% haste? I have 25 and my first set of imps always expires before I can get TKC off.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantombox View Post
    How the flying fuck are you supposed to do the shadowflame opener with 20% haste? I have 25 and my first set of imps always expires before I can get TKC off.
    The OP has the rotation I'm using right now;

Shadowflame Opening Rotation

For the opener with Shadowflame you require at minimum 20% Haste otherwise remove steps 14-16 and continue as normal.

1. [Prepull] Demonic Empowerment - 3 Soul Shards
    2. [Prepull] Demonbolt - 4 Soul Shards
    3. Shadowflame - 5 Soul Shards
    4. Doomguard - 4 Soul Shards
    5. Demonbolt - 5 Soul Shards
    6. Hand of Gul'dan - 1 Soul Shards
    7. Demonic Empowerment
    8. Shadowflame - 2 Soul Shards
    9. Demonbolt - 3 Soul Shards
    10. Demonbolt - 4 Soul Shards
    11. Call Dreadstalkers - 2 Soul Shards
    12. Demonic Empowerment
    13. Shadowflame - 3 Soul Shards
    14. Demonbolt - 4 Soul Shards
    15. Hand of Gul'dan - 0 Soul Shards
    16. Demonic Empowerment
    17. Thal'kiel's Consumption
    18. Resume priority rotation
    First set of Imps do fall off and they are mostly used to apply Doom (through Hand of Doom), but the damage from triple stacking SF > damage gain of 3 Imps for TKC so it doesn't matter as much. Throughout the course of the fight if you do Shadowflame 3 stack properly everything will work itself out. General usage in the middle of the fight you can definitely do 8 Imps/Dreadstalkers for TKC though.

That being said, I may end up revising the rotation - this was just a preliminary pass of it, not a final version (just like basically any 'rotation'), only had the one day to play with it and didn't dedicate much more than 30 min-1 hour on SF opener.

First set of Imps do fall off and they are mostly used to apply Doom (through Hand of Doom), but the damage from triple stacking SF > damage gain of 3 Imps for TKC so it doesn't matter as much. Throughout the course of the fight if you do Shadowflame 3 stack properly everything will work itself out. General usage in the middle of the fight you can definitely do 8 Imps/Dreadstalkers for TKC though.

That being said, I may end up revising the rotation - this was just a preliminary pass of it, not a final version (just like basically any 'rotation'), only had the one day to play with it and didn't dedicate much more than 30 min-1 hour on SF opener.
    Thanks, but I guess the more important question is whether or not the hotfix really devalues demonic calling at all. I mean I suppose it does make the opener a bit slower but overall I'm pretty sure demonic calling has more value than shadowflame right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, but I guess the more important question is whether or not the hotfix really devalues demonic calling at all. I mean I suppose it does make the opener a bit slower but overall I'm pretty sure demonic calling has more value than shadowflame right?
    Technically it wouldn't. You might not get a DC proc on pull but you're getting your demons out 3 seconds faster.
    If only we had the legendary that refunds the 2 soul shards...... never again would we need to rely on the DC proc for a solid opener.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inder/advanced
    The expansion is not The Dark Below.
    Also, the expansion is not Corgis Unleashed either.

Does anyone here use "ZPets" addon? How can I turn off everything but the pet Icons that appear when I summon pets? (and when they're / they're not empowered) thanks everyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Number1gentleman View Post
    Does anyone here use "ZPets" addon? How can I turn off everything but the pet Icons that appear when I summon pets? (and when they're / they're not empowered) thanks everyone.
    In the version i am using you cant turn off everything you want (i am not using the latest version though). You can check at curse at the page of the addon, there is a list of all the commands that are available. You surely can hide some things but dunno if you can just leave icons turned on.

Zinnin has said that he was going to make available to have some customization but i dont know what happened since then. If you dont find a solution and it bothers you (and you dont want to use Week auras), check an addon called "icyDemonsIndicator", also check the comments section there. gl

Deleted

I wonder if postponing SDS is the right way. Especially with Improved DS Talent. Using it at 9 makes it lose almost a complete cooldown.

Why not open with DOOM + SDS + DG + DE. Get 4 shards + HoG + DE. Then TKC.

I think we want to open with as many cooldowns as possible to get the CD's running. That means getting dogs + DG out asap and TKC asap aswell.

Might be wrong though.

Guys, do you happen to know if DE empowers the minions in nightfallen scenario?
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

If you use Shadowflame perfectly (never miss a 3 stack) it's approximately 5% or so better than DC. According to the SimCrafts even using it non perfectly (applying face to keyboard and for example having Shadowflame macro'd into every ability) is still roughly 3% better.

There is a lot of 'finesse' required with Shadowflame and a lot of messing around that DC is suspect to being the best talent just out of convenience, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinuvial View Post
    I wonder if postponing SDS is the right way. Especially with Improved DS Talent. Using it at 9 makes it lose almost a complete cooldown.

I think we want to open with as many cooldowns as possible to get the CD's running. That means getting dogs + DG out asap and TKC asap aswell.

Might be wrong though.
    Dreadstalkers would expire before TKC in that scenario. I already have something else in mind that should probably be better.

Deleted
    wouldn't the easy band-aid fix be just casting HoG with 3 shards instead of 4? 7 Imps are most definitely better than 4 and it changes nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Guys, do you happen to know if DE empowers the minions in nightfallen scenario?
    DE specifies "demon servants", but that's a possibility

Deleted

Dreadstalkers would expire before TKC in that scenario. I already have something else in mind that should probably be better.
    Could be:

Without haste it's DG+DE+HoG+DE = 6s, 3 SB = 6s 1 TKC = 2s. Total = 14s. 30% Haste should lower it well below 12s.

Or we could TKC right after the second CDS+HoG+DE as the 2nd one would nearly guarantee a DC proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinuvial View Post
    Could be:

Without haste it's DG+DE+HoG+DE = 6s, 3 SB = 6s 1 TKC = 2s. Total = 14s. 30% Haste should lower it well below 12s.

Or we could TKC right after the second CDS+HoG+DE as the 2nd one would nearly guarantee a DC proc.
    With the current DC opener assuming you get DC to proc early you can cast Dreadstalkers at 8s into the fight, which isn't horrible. And otherwise if you don't get the DC proc it's delayed 4s longer which is not optimal but still allows you to have 8 Imps, DG and 2 Dreadstalker+2 Imps for TKC.

If you did what you said earlier;

Quote Originally Posted by Tinuvial
    Dreadstalkers expire 3(ish) seconds too early to fit it into TKC with 4 Imps. (at 20% Haste, which is what I'm saying is the base Haste % to get before the spec feels somewhat playable and not be horrible.