Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I thought the same thing, OP. Then I decided I wouldn't let it get to me and did some real research. First, I checked out some guides. The problem with using a healing guide is that healing isn't like DPS. It's situational. However, with some trial and error, I really turned everything around as a Resto Druid.

First, don't be afraid to use a cooldown. Ironbark is amazing, and I tend to drop it on my tank during big trash pulls at the start. This helps a lot. Our Mastery makes each heal stronger per HoT we have active on the target. I love germination for this. Soul of the Forest is great with Wild Growth to really heal up the group. The first tier talent is something that can be hard to decide on. Extra Swiftmends means more procs of Soul of the Forest. However, I am actually enjoying the fast cast on Healing Touch now that I have some good stuff unlocked on my Artifact.

The biggest thing to remember is that Resto Druids are all about preperation. Because we HoT more than anything, we have to start building our party up even when damage may not be going out too hard yet. Know what's about to happen, and prepare the group for it.

I hope this helps. I love healing as Resto, and have been enjoying Mythics!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekor View Post
    Wait... what?

You're a DK, you can literally keep yourself alive in anything short of Mythics right now without a healer.
    not always. we cant deathstrike as much as before. ive always got boneshield up, deathstriking whenever i can, and yet i can and will die with druids healing. its noticeable, its obvious.
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    not always. we cant deathstrike as much as before. ive always got boneshield up, deathstriking whenever i can, and yet i can and will die with druids healing. its noticeable, its obvious.
    As they say, can't heal bad.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    ive found that tanking on my dk, when i see resto druid in my groups i cringe. no other healer struggles as much to keep me up
    I had a DK tank yesterday in Vault of Wardens. He never used marrowrend (for bone shield) or death strike and I found it 100% impossible to keep him up on my somewhat newly dinged disc priest (ilvl 813). I've healed DKs like this almost just fine on my druid. A bit too stressful on the mana if they chainpull packs and never let me drink, but totally doable otherwise. On the priest I had to leave after 2 trash packs and 2 wipes, because I knew there's no chance in hell I'll be able to heal this dude through bosses. Does this sound like the way you play DK? If so, maybe you want to ease up on that blood boil button and use a death strike or marrowrend once in a while and I'm sure you won't run into any problems with resto druids unless they're afk.
    Last edited by Rhoe; 2016-09-14 at 02:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    As they say, can't heal bad.
    and like i said, its only resto druids that cant keep me up. the difference is literally night and day. i can be sitting low for seconds at a time with only those piddly hots ticking on me and my own heals when a big casted heal was what i needed. do druids even have casted heals? i honestly dont know.
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

If shit goes down I use my CDs. I also expect the tank and dps to know how to use their CDs. Interrupts and stuns are well.. amazing? I havent had a single death that was caused by my lack of "instant" heals, all are generally mechanic related.

Use CDs, if that doesn't work then ask your group why they are still dying with 3+ hots and CDs on them. You can't outheal stupid.

and like i said, its only resto druids that cant keep me up. the difference is literally night and day. i can be sitting low for seconds at a time with only those piddly hots ticking on me and my own heals when a big casted heal was what i needed. do druids even have casted heals? i honestly dont know.
    Yes, of course Druids have cast time direct heals, but they are just generally weaker than those of other classes. Generally, 90%+ of our healing, including to tanks, should be coming from HoTs. If the Druid is properly keeping all HoTs on a tank, and the tank frequently needs direct healing spam on top of that, the tank is just taking way too much damage - especially if we are talking about heroic 5 mans and regular mythics. Is it possible that you aren't managing survivability properly, and it's just that healers with heavier single target bomb heals are more able to carry you through not managing your survivability properly? Keeping a tank up in heroics/mythics should be a complete non issue for any healer, and healers should be able to spend 30%+ of their time DPSing if the party is playing properly.

When I'm running with a DK tank I'm thinking "nice, don't have to heal the tank, can focus on healing the group". Literally, on most bosses and some trash, the DK tank is the person that requires the least healing in the entire group. Same thing for warrior tanks.

You shouldn't even need a big heal as a DK, if you play correctly. If you drop below 50-60%, use self heal. If you are above 80%, save your self heal cd. It's the same for DH tanks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    Yes, of course Druids have cast time direct heals, but they are just generally weaker than those of other classes. Generally, 90%+ of our healing, including to tanks, should be coming from HoTs. If the Druid is properly keeping all HoTs on a tank, and the tank frequently needs direct healing spam on top of that, the tank is just taking way too much damage - especially if we are talking about heroic 5 mans and regular mythics. Is it possible that you aren't managing survivability properly, and it's just that healers with heavier single target bomb heals are more able to carry you through not managing your survivability properly? Keeping a tank up in heroics/mythics should be a complete non issue for any healer, and healers should be able to spend 30%+ of their time DPSing if the party is playing properly.
    This isn't true if your tank is properly pulling multiple trash packs simultaneously. If you're only having to use hots, that's more of an indicator of how slow your dungeon is going.

On boss fights you should definitely be pumping out lots of dps, but on trash you should be healing quite a bit, especially casted heals.

15+ Year Old Account
    I healed a few mythics including Court of stars and Archway and i have to say it really depends on the other 4 people in the group. I sometimes have to heal randoms in heroics more than the people & friends i play with on a regular basis in myths.
    Druid since Feb. 06

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    This isn't true if your tank is properly pulling multiple trash packs simultaneously. If you're only having to use hots, that's more of an indicator of how slow your dungeon is going.

On boss fights you should definitely be pumping out lots of dps, but on trash you should be healing quite a bit, especially casted heals.
    Doesn't the point still stand? If you feel capable to pulling multiple trash packs at once then shouldnt you manage your CDs to relect that? More so, shouldnt all the dps be doing good damage to justify pulling so many mobs and interrupting and stunning?
    Last edited by Kaniinchen; 2016-09-14 at 06:23 AM.

Deleted
    its probably "bad" resto druids, not saying they are shit players but perhaps they are learning Legion healing on you...which sucks, but if you see they are struggling you can give them some advice. At first I had some issues as well, some tanks are WAY more spiky than others. If they have lifebloom, 2 rejuvs, mushroom and regrowth on you (I also play with double swiftmend combo) there should be no problem honestly...this was not the case in WoD where lifebloom+quick regrowth crit would top you off

Quote Originally Posted by Sonatine185 View Post
    The struggle is real boys. If you heal heroics/mythics as a resto druid or have done any PvP, you know what I'm talking about.

Shouldn't have chosen druid class based on the Legion armor set, looks too sexy. qq
    Just for you, I am enjoying myself. Mythics are easy to heal. Cant wait for raids.

Stood in the Fire Lisa Frank Succubus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda tired of people struggling at a class or spec and making topics where they proclaim to everyone how difficult and challenging said spec is.

Deleted
    This thread is hilarious.

Deleted
    If annyone is struggling in Hc or M atm with anny setup of healer or tank its prob cuz someone is a bad player. End of discusson thaaaaanks

Well, I did notice that my lack of burst healing can be problematic. In mythic Nightmare we had several situations where the tank was way down on HPs and I was not able to properly pull him up, unless I fired two Swiftmend in a row (while moving myself out of stuff).

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Well, I did notice that my lack of burst healing can be problematic. In mythic Nightmare we had several situations where the tank was way down on HPs and I was not able to properly pull him up, unless I fired two Swiftmend in a row (while moving myself out of stuff).
    Raiding is a different beast though. There's a team of healers there and there are supposed to be scenarios (like the one you described above) where one healer copes better than the other.

Yep, that's the way it is (still missing my Oh Sh*t button ).

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post

If it is a decent group the trash should be stunned for roughly 30-40% of the time, in a regular hc I camp cat form for roughly 70-80% of the time.

- - - Updated - - -

If you die with druids you must be really really really really ... really bad.
    im pretty sure I could've stuck with my WoD gear and still do more than enough healing in a mythic dungeon.