Page 28 of 60 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicTMP View Post
    Why should we?
    Probably because blizz doesn´t like ret

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Some of you guys complain too much. I think this is a really awesome reference to Classic and the tasks you need to complete are very reminiscent of the old days where everything was a long, boring grind but the reward felt absolutely amazing. Chill out, take your time, put in the effort, and enjoy your new skin. I'm looking forward to the grind. Everything sounds pretty awesome so far but I'm not 100% convinced that artifact knowledge is the trigger.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

I think its maybe premature to compare ours to 'their's'.
    If it had an effect on game play...like legendary cloaks, or rings...I'd agree.
    But this is a class specific thing.
    We can complain about the time-gating, but then...what about difficulty or total time spent?
    How does the difficulty of this compare to the difficulty or time spent of other classes?
    Mages could technically never get their skin from killing suramar citizens.
    Or..be longer than 2 months.
    Its in the game, but rng...
    I rather have our unique and ( admittedly bias ) cool quest line that is 10 years in the making, rather than making sure I can get my skin at the same time as another class.
    Not everyone will agree, and thats cool, we all pay our own $15 .

Quote Originally Posted by Leefa View Post
    The dialog from Timolain:

http://imgur.com/a/bKLoa

I just fished in the water right where the slime spawned. Took around 350 casts in total.
    Don't leave us in suspense! What happened after you obtained the crystal? The answer is probably obvious, but I'm curious nonetheless!

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Some of you guys complain too much. I think this is a really awesome reference to Classic and the tasks you need to complete are very reminiscent of the old days where everything was a long, boring grind but the reward felt absolutely amazing. Chill out, take your time, put in the effort, and enjoy your new skin. I'm looking forward to the grind. Everything sounds pretty awesome so far but I'm not 100% convinced that artifact knowledge is the trigger.
    I didn't know waiting for an arbitrary button was a reference to classic. They didn't even have dailies in classic.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    There is no grind. There's push a button and wait.

If it was an actual grind, I would have absolutely no issue with it, I'd be out there farming mobs/whatever until the end of WoW. That's all it is, a waiting game. Yeah, it's cool it references the past, but this is in no way a grind since you do absolutely nothing to get it aside from press a button and wait (Regarding the AK).

Tweeted the devs.

What's with the Ret Hidden Artifact being gated behind a 2 month Knowledge wait? The wait ruins the excitement.

I can guarantee in 40-55 days I won't be excited for this anymore as 7.1 will(Should) be out soon following that. I'll probably be more excited for Kara and Trials of Valor at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Tweeted the devs.

What's with the Ret Hidden Artifact being gated behind a 2 month Knowledge wait? The wait ruins the excitement.

I can guarantee in 40-55 days I won't be excited for this anymore as 7.1 will(Should) be out soon following that. I'll probably be more excited for Kara and Trials of Valor at that point.
    Yep.

The only good thing I see about this is that ret paladin alts won't be really running around too much with it, but even then, all it is is the click of a button every few days, so it's not that much of a block.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varicose View Post
    Don't leave us in suspense! What happened after you obtained the crystal? The answer is probably obvious, but I'm curious nonetheless!
    not quite as obvious an answer, really. I spent a couple of hours after the Fishing with Leefa last night, and the problem is: We don't know where to turn in the crystal tried all the obvious / googleDoc/Thread-Possibilities, as well as Darion, using Death Gates, PvP,... and we're a little out of Depth.

only 2 Hints we have are the Crystal itself ("Dark smoke obscures the inside of the crystal, but faint screams can be heard from somewhere deep within.")
    as well as the Timolain Dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashydan View Post
    not quite as obvious an answer, really. I spent a couple of hours after the Fishing with Leefa last night, and the problem is: We don't know where to turn in the crystal tried all the obvious / googleDoc/Thread-Possibilities, as well as Darion, using Death Gates, PvP,... and we're a little out of Depth.

only 2 Hints we have are the Crystal itself ("Dark smoke obscures the inside of the crystal, but faint screams can be heard from somewhere deep within.")
    Timolain mentions "I had a river of souls at my disposal from the lich king's rampage". Perhaps the forge of souls, halls of reflection or ICC?

Quote Originally Posted by Kashydan View Post

Oh dang. So that's not the end of it. Interesting... And you both already tried all the possibilities? Paying Fairbanks a visit in SM? Speak with Timolain again maybe? NPCs in the class hall perhaps? Someone is bound to take interest in it. That seems to be the common trend in this whole thing. Obtaining an item and then finding someone who's interested in it. Maybe go back to Alexia Ironknife/Bardu?

One last edit: The article MMOC did says 'Return to your Class Hall' for the shard. So I'd say start there if you havent already poked around with every NPC possible. http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...llowup-DLC-551
    Last edited by Varicose; 2016-09-14 at 05:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Religion- View Post
    That's fair.
    What is a proper amount of time for this reward?
    What is the proper amount of effort you should put in?
    What if you had to do daily tasks for months instead of just waiting for a timer?
    A huge quest chain, faction grind, achievements, ect...
    A time-gate that still took that amount of time, but not so apparent as just waiting for a literal clock to tick down.
    In my opinion, ideally there should be multiple choices. If someone wanted to no-life the heck out of it for a few days, the should be able to. Otherwise a few weeks of waiting is fine for me. I do think a couple of months is a bit over the top though.

Deleted
    Have you tried old Hillsbrad Foothills? The entire roleplay there regarding the old holy crystal feels like a pretty good place to try.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quanee View Post
    Have you tried old Hillsbrad Foothills? The entire roleplay there regarding the old holy crystal feels like a pretty good place to try.
    yeah, nothing. no interaction with present necromancers either

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    It feels too excessive in my opinion. I mean, months?
    Agreed, and hunters just buy theirs. The super long winded theories/ideas do seem a tad silly just for a skin, and it's not even that good, the Vanilla corrupted ashbringer and the Diablo III corrupter ashbringer looked much better.
    Last edited by caervek; 2016-09-14 at 10:14 AM.

IMO Diablo 3 versions of TF and Ashbringer/C. Ashbringer look much better then any WoW versions of these items

TF looks very dope there and the Corrupted Ashbringer look properly long like a greatsword and not short and fat like in WoW

would so like to have those skins in WoW

at least the Valorous skin (Burning Reprisal from the Balance of Power quest chain) flaming Ashbringer skin looks amazing too

Deleted
    So we will get Shattered sooner than Corrupted? Like that one better anyway, assuming it won't be a 7 months wait from 7.1 to get that one.

"We gave you Ashbringer, what else do you want" indeed....

Deleted
    Ahem... What if all that quest line you are doing on the beta is just a joke from Blizzard and the end of the questline doesn't exist because it's not the way we will get it on live ? (please don't hurt me)

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    So we will get Shattered sooner than Corrupted? Like that one better anyway, assuming it won't be a 7 months wait from 7.1 to get that one.

"We gave you Ashbringer, what else do you want" indeed....
    Good on that one, too! The wait is equivalent to saying "You don't even get a hidden artifact appearance".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vratz View Post
    Ahem... What if all that quest line you are doing on the beta is just a joke from Blizzard and the end of the questline doesn't exist because it's not the way we will get it on live ? (please don't hurt me)
    Unlikely, but at this point. I would assume even Blizzard doesn't know Blizzard's definition of fun.