Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    While doing the Mining daily to get Infernal Brimstone in Val'sharah a wind elemental spawned and a rogue killed and apparently looted a Bindings of the Windlord. He linked it in /say and then Whistled away.

Calling the hotpockets this soon, sonny? Maybe if you got Metzen's seed from your mouth, you would see the truth that this man was, is, and will always be cancer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ziros22 View Post
    While doing the Mining daily to get Infernal Brimstone in Val'sharah a wind elemental spawned and a rogue killed and apparently looted a Bindings of the Windlord. He linked it in /say and then Whistled away.
    This rogue, he was a happy man. And so we all should be, now that Cancer Man is gone forever from WoW.

Deleted
    Is he related to Rudolf? Never heard of him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Finally some good news for Legion!
    You should really check to see if you have any idea what you're talking about before spewing BS like this. Since WC2, it's been his baby.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chase_the_mofo View Post
    Good.
    He ruined wow anyway.
    How did he ruin WoW? You clearly have no idea who Chris Metzen is. You realize he's the guy who wrote the story for WC3, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    Fucking FINALLY.

Maybe WoW can stop being a retarded fanfic for 12 year olds and get a grip on it's story. And while you're at it, stop being retarded in some of the directions it's going. You won't be missed you retard.
    Do you have any idea what he's done, or are you just so uninformed that you think he was only with the company after WoW? Did you like the Arthas plot, WC3, Wrath, etc? That was Metzen, you brilliant scholar, you.

And so, two thirds of Blizzard's voice cast is gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Can I kill you...cause....how dare you?
    You have my permission. Make it so.

Blizzcon won't be the same without him.

Wish him the best.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AxellSlade View Post
    And so, two thirds of Blizzard's voice cast is gone.
    Was talking about this with my co-workers today. Maybe he will still do some voice work.

Aw man, I'll miss him at Blizzcon. Great guy, great voice.

I expected the offical message be posted on eu forums as well. Anyway, he dinged max level What a long, strange trip it's been indeed. I know he'll still be asked for general ideas on where to go from here. I'm just bummed he won't be there to finish the story he started. (at least actively)

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    All this is really showing is how little people actually know about Blizzard. Yes, 15 years ago Chris Metzen was a major player in the company. Today, and in the last 7 years, he has been removed to a position of lead storyteller (more or less), which is just saying that he approves/disapproves various story elements proposed by a MASSIVE team of writers and he outlines the basic plot of the games. It is not the end of Blizzard, and there is no need to panic about their future. A Cog has passed on, a large one Yes, but still a cog in a machine with thousands of backups in place.
    Dude, do some research before you spout off. He was Creative Director on Overwatch, along with being the main story guy, was the new franchise guy, helped get a movie made, and got two books, the Chronicles books, written. And I'm sure there's a lot more that he did on top of that. Over the last 7 years he was in charge of story for ALL of the games - Warcraft, Diablo, Hearthstone, HOTS, and Starcraft. He was Creative Director of MOP, then moved on to VP and Creative Director of Overwatch.

To minimize his impact on the company, their games, and their culture to "the storyteller" is insulting, naive, and ridiculous.

Many kids handle it!!!!

People leaving projects like these or any long-time passion for "family" makes me wanna puke, but hey, not many think like i do, actually many would say i'm nuts for not grasping the concept that having kids is enjoyable.

I was sad for about 5 minutes when i read the news, but it was that kind of "true sad" so it counts, y-know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Dude, do some research before you spout off. He was Creative Director on Overwatch, along with being the main story guy, was the new franchise guy, helped get a movie made, and got two books, the Chronicles books, written. And I'm sure there's a lot more that he did on top of that. Over the last 7 years he was in charge of story for ALL of the games - Warcraft, Diablo, Hearthstone, HOTS, and Starcraft. He was Creative Director of MOP, then moved on to VP and Creative Director of Overwatch.

To minimize his impact on the company, their games, and their culture to "the storyteller" is insulting, naive, and ridiculous.
    Yes... that's why it's so sad, he was the thinking engine of the company, let's just hope he's trained those monkeys well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalus View Post
    Many kids handle it!!!!

People leaving projects like these or any long-time passion for "family" makes me wanna puke, but hey, not many think like i do, actually many would say i'm nuts for not grasping the concept that having kids is enjoyable.

I was sad for about 5 minutes when i read the news, but it was that kind of "true sad" so it counts, y-know.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes... that's why it's so sad, he was the thinking engine of the company, let's just hope he's trained those monkeys well.
    I'm not sad. He made his decision. I was surpised, he always struck me as the loyal kind of guy who's stay at Blizzard until they forced him out at retirement age.

One one hand, it's good for him. I'm a creative professional, too. I worked at a company for 10 years, which is unthinkable in my field, and NOT working on the same stuff anymore felt great. I know burnout. It sucks.

On the other hand, new blood for the company will be good, as sad as it is to lose him. New ideas, new perspectives, energy, passion - it could work out, after a while. It will be bumpy for a while, now he's gone. I have no doubt the company offered him a LOT to stay.

He's replaceable, for sure. It's not disrespectful to say that, but it won't be easy, and it will probably take several people to do that. Who knows? Them are some big shoes to fill.

I havent checked, but someone like Metzen leaving can be "tank the stock" news. He's that integral to the company, because he's been there so long, and done so much.

Some times bad writing and creator petting aside. I am gonna fucking miss Metzen He was a legend.

Noooo!!! Blizzard will have a really hard time replacing him
    Man this was some really shitty news. Best of luck to Chris in the future, I hope he'll still come back to work on projects at least..

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    Hotfixes are cool and everything...but still nothing on Kosumoth orbs? People are still camped in those god awful days and blizzard hasn't updated anything?
    Has been ninjahotfixed. I'm currently running them together with some druid, they removed the timer and everyone can click now.

Deleted
    Retiring at 42? Good times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by amplitudelol View Post
    Retiring at 42? Good times.
    Right? People at 40 only start to getting real progress in the job/business..

With career this guy had he can afford to leave at the age of 40. Great person and inspiration for many people out there!

Chris Metzen was a legend he will be missed. He has always been my favorite over at Blizzard and Blizzcon will never be the same without him.

But yeah am very saddened over this, a lot more then i thought i would be he was a people person and his talking ability and pzazz was 2nd to none. Have a good retirement man....

For those wondering his net worth is estimated to be 10 million dollars...If i had that kind of cash i would be hanging up the hat myself.
    Last edited by DarkArchon; 2016-09-14 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal View Post
    Jeez this really hurts.

Seriously who the hell retires at 40!? Your going to let characters you've created go into someone else's hands unhindered when you should still have another good 20 years!?
    Personally i have never understood comments and views like this....Why the hell would you continue to work until 60-65 when you can do it at 42 with millions in the bank???? Isn't that the dream for most people? To retire around 40? Now he gets to live a life of luxury and be home with loved ones everyday and give his everything to his family...That's the fucking dream right there...Why would he throw that away to plunge away for 20 more years? That's idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    Personally i have never understood comments and views like this....Why the hell would you continue to work until 60-65 when you can do it at 42 with millions in the bank???? Isn't that the dream for most people? To retire around 40? Now he gets to live a life of luxury and be home with loved ones everyday and give his everything to his family...That's the fucking dream right there...Why would he throw that away to plunge away for 20 more years? That's idiotic.
    I'm just salty bro, we group up with his creations and he's checking out 20 years too soon. Were not done with him yet! It's like how George Lucas sold Star Wars because he knew he wasn't young enough for another trilogy.