Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Most likely, it was a terrorist act (i.e. designed to create terror in a certain group of people as part of a political or religious statement). But since it was likely done by Christians or some other good ole 'murcian boy, it will just be called arson or possible something generic such as a hate crime. We've had a number of terrorist incidents in the US over our history, but unless it is done by a group that we currently don't like, it never gets called as such.

If you aren't clear on this subject, here are just a few recent specific well known examples:

- Planned Parenthood clinic shooting (3 killed, 9 injured) in November of last year (Christian)
    - Multiple black churches burned last summer (white supremacist)
    - Sikh temple shooting in 2012 (white supremacist)
    - Shooting at a BLM rally in Minneapolis (5 injured) in November of last year (white supremacist)

There have been dozens of other terrorist acts against planned parenthood, the black community, and non-Christians over the past decade alone.

Here is a listing (scroll down...note that there are 4 pages worth) of those types of activities in this century (2000 thru 2015). Notice that there are a lot of them. The biggest difference in the US is that most groups aren't will to admit their association with the attack, whereas groups like ISIS take pride in admitting to terrorist attacks...even if they weren't really involved. Heck, even in that database, you will find a group called "Veterans United for Non-Religious Memorials" which doesn't even exist (the confessed vandal used that name in a letter, but there is no evidence that any such group actually exists).

http://www.start.umd.edu/gtd/search/...#results-table
    Ok. YOU went back SEVERAL years to find Your examples, how many terrorist attacks by Muslims at the same amount of time. Not to mention, we are actively countering muslim threats from international threats, thus leaves domestic non muslim terrorism at higher overall number. You need to look at ratio, what is the ratio of muslims and muslim terrorist attack to non muslim and non muslim terrorist attack. Other wise, how would you compare groups?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
    Eh, we've had people spray-paint the walls and throw pork related stuff over the gate of our local Mosque. All I could think of was what a waste of bacon....

That aside there have been actual stories regarding Muslims or those that "look" Muslim being attacked. A lot of it is smothered under popular media and only a select few high profile incidents are mentioned in the news.

Such as this: http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/10/us/bro...omen-attacked/

But according to a bunch of the posters on here us American Muslims are just trying to play the victim so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
    well, they are victims, and they are using that to win and conquer America. Muslims have ALWAYS turned the nations laws against them. Look at Byzintine Empire, muslims immigrated there, first worked along with the roman beliefs, THEN fought them, and then muslim rulers used that causebelli to wage wars against them. Muslim fertility rate is also a issue. Do people genuinely want more muslims in their country when it is proven a nation's prosperity and security has DIRECT corrolation between decrease in security with increase in muslim population (germany, sweden, France, England, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
    Omer Mateen was proven to have jack shit for ties to any major terrorist groups and tried claiming to know the Boston Bombers which was also shown to be false.

Do you have any sources to back up your drivel?
    Don't hold your breath, just someone trying to look cool/edgy on the Internet.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaanm4n View Post
    Looks like muslim lives aren't really valuable in this day and age, that is what its come to. Its sad and horrible to see, but acts of a few people now define an entire community according to the general public.
    Yeah, Islamophobia is really high right now. We haven't gotten to the point where we've addressed it in the West.

100% certain the arsonist votes trump.
    You can't fix stupid. But damn it you can troll it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    Ok. YOU went back SEVERAL years to find Your examples, how many terrorist attacks by Muslims at the same amount of time. Not to mention, we are actively countering muslim threats from international threats, thus leaves domestic non muslim terrorism at higher overall number. You need to look at ratio, what is the ratio of muslims and muslim terrorist attack to non muslim and non muslim terrorist attack. Other wise, how would you compare groups?

- - - Updated - - -

well, they are victims, and they are using that to win and conquer America. Muslims have ALWAYS turned the nations laws against them. Look at Byzintine Empire, muslims immigrated there, first worked along with the roman beliefs, THEN fought them, and then muslim rulers used that causebelli to wage wars against them. Muslim fertility rate is also a issue. Do people genuinely want more muslims in their country when it is proven a nation's prosperity and security has DIRECT corrolation between decrease in security with increase in muslim population (germany, sweden, France, England, etc)
    I forgot that us Muslims are akin to the zerg where we have the same mind-think controlled by one Overlord and it's a global conspiracy where we are all trying to take over the host countries .

Most of your arguments are wild ramblings without any sources provided and are assuming that every single individual Muslim believes and is striving for the same goal. Going through your post history, you are painfully uneducated on historical context and the teachings in religious text as you cherry pick only those that serve an obvious biased agenda.

You also overlook how vastly different the practices between different Muslim countries are based on the local culture, but then you go ahead and make cockamamie stereotypes in a previous post regarding Pakistani immigrants stating just how widely accepted pedophilia, slavery (wtf? lol), and the other nonsense you posted is.

Going further you also completely ignore how socioeconomic status plays a huge role in how conservative or liberal a Muslim is and that too plays a big part in what they believe and what unsavory parts from the religion they choose to ignore.

In short, you are the same as the other poster, you are regurgitating things you took no time to research for yourself and are just defecating whatever far right conservative media spoon-fed you. I don't know your political affiliation, but it's sad how some posters on here with clearly conservative thinking give Republicans or conservatives in general a bad name.

Lastly, I'm very confident in the knowledge that my conservative Pakistani immigrant family and extended family has contributed more to the USA than you or some of the posters here ever will .

Cheers and take care.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    So what are you going to do about Muslims without betraying your Western values? Put them into camps? Deport them? Or in other words: Do everything as Islamist terrorists command you to? Islamophobes are as bad as islamists really in that they have actually a very congruent set of values. Islamists want to destabilize Western society and want it to violate its own values and thus proving its general weakness when put under pressure. Islamophobes think they are tough as nail and strong in their beliefs but in reality they just prove the Islamists how soft the Western core actually is. The result will be a transformed Western society giving into Islamist demands and giving them that final battle they constantly dream of.

Also using the Byzantine Empire in the same paragraph as modern Germany (of course!) is funny, for once the Byzantine Empire, by the time it got into conflicts with its Muslim subjects was already in its death throes since the short-reigned Latin Empire pretty much dismantled its foundation already. The remnants of the Byzantine Empire were riddled with segregation, internal conflicts, feuds and intrigues. In the final era it didn't treat its Catholic, Jewish and Muslim subjects well in the end which is why you find all of these three groups willingly assisting Sultan Mehmed during the siege. It didn't just suddenly die 'cuz Muslims but because it was already dieing an agonizingly slow death, the city itself barely had any inhabitants left. If Mehmed had failed another crusade would have taken it instead for sure and probably would have razed it to the ground since it would have barely had any citizens left anyway it wouldn't have mattered much.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yeah, Islamophobia is really high right now. We haven't gotten to the point where we've addressed it in the West.
    Islamophobia is bullshit. Being afraid of the political islam is not unreasonable. "Muslimophobia" is the word people should use, there is really no reason to be afraid of the muslim religion as long as they dont try to install islamic politic systems.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Islamophobia is bullshit. Being afraid of the political islam is not unreasonable. "Muslimophobia" is the word people should use, there is really no reason to be afraid of the muslim religion as long as they dont try to install islamic politic systems.
    Islamophobia is loosely used to describe a general fear of Islam. Being afraid or seriously determined to stop political Islam will never get you tagged islamophobe outright. Stopping any religion from encroaching politics, society, public life and institutions is a sign of secularism not Islamophobia. Wanting to outright expunge it by any means possible from private life too because you fear it however is. This is possibly the greatest fallacy of those believing that a hardline stance will fix everything, they believe anyone disagreeing with their solution makes you an ally of their enemy. I am as much an enemy of political Islam as anyone but I still disagree with the various movements demanding a blanket final solution. Islamists want you declare Islam a great threat because they know that declaring groups of mainly irenic people a threat worked several times in Western, especially European history.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    To me this really comes down to a problem with how the governent handles the situation in the first place.

Its becoming groups of ppl vs other groups of ppl instead of being the work of 1 madman.

Whenever this happens, on either side, the people in charge need to strike back first, fast and.... furiously. Yeah the 3 f's!

Go and raid the mosque for anything isis related imo. Do the same with the guys on the other side. No tolerence for shit like this and no amnesty to peopels privacy or holy places.

At least thats what i think

Islamophobia is a made up word by the lefties that cant discuss shit
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Islam - religion
    Phobia - fear of

It's not the best term as it is less a phobia and more a type of prejudice, but it is not a political term.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    The whole "regressive left/lefties/liberuls" go to partisan statement is a made up strawman argument by the righties that cant discuss shit.

Am I doing this right?

- - - Updated - - -

Islam - religion
    Phobia - fear of

It's not the best term as it is less a phobia and more a type of prejudice, but it is not a political term.
    I'd say it's more related to xenophobia as they don't really care who to direct their anger at as long as they look the typical Muslim stereotype in their head. Hence why there have been incidents involving Sikh's being targeted as well.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

It certainly isn't the best term. It's probably the worst even, for rejecting religion is a virtuous and rational thing to do.
    It is political.
    Possibly not partisan, or exclusive to the left, so I will correct Shibito's statement:
    Islamophobia is a specious chastising word generally used by cretins or otherwise unimaginative and unlettered folks who can't discuss shit.
    Last edited by nextormento; 2016-09-14 at 07:11 PM.