Noob looking for advice on this pc build

Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor
    ASRock H110M-HDV Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
    Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory
    Sandisk SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
    Sapphire Radeon RX 460 4GB NITRO Video Card
    Deepcool TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case
    Cooler Master 500W ATX Power Supply

• The choices are made due to what stock the computer shop next to my house has. I'm happy to play on medium settings if I have to.
    • Just wondering if this would be okay, or whether i should choose i5 over i3?
    • Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

U should check the off-topic / computers section. I think there u can get better advice.
    As far as I know, the rig u described seems legit to me. Seems more like a budget PC, but for WoW not using max settings u should be fine for sure!
    Remember that the most important parts are the GPU and the CPU. If u want/can spend a lil more, put the money there.

If you can, upgrade to the i5 and get a better GPU, I think nvidia GTX 970's are at a good price right now and it's a very powerful card that will last you a long time.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you are into a low budget thing, I would go for Intel i3 - 6320 Box, since its really cheap and can go toe to toe with i5 6600 in core to core comparison (we are still talking about a gaming pc and not an overall editing machine, right?).
    Otherwise I too would suggest to invest ~100$ and go for the longer term solution of i5 - 6600k (for additional lifetime with OC if need arises).

I'm not against AMD but another good addition with a very few $ more, would be a GTX970 (you don't need anything else for @1080p gaming).

From what I've seen here you can have a nice budget pc that does pretty good for almost all games in high to ultra settings @1080p.
    Reckoning Bomb - Unleashes the Reckoning upon the Scourge, inflicting ridiculous amounts of damage. Some might even say the damage is ludicrous.

Deleted
    Grab an extra stick of Memory to take advantage of the dual channel on the mobo.
    I agree with fragga on both gpu and cpu. i5 is way more versatile and will last you longer while GTX970 is just vastly superior to the RX460.

Deleted
    Agreed. With i5 and GTX 970 you can play WoW with Max settings and 4x MSAA while always staying above 45 fps (and mostly above 60).

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps we can find something better at the same price.
    Whats your budget and location?
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

first go with the i5 the Extra physical cores will help a lot more than the 2 hyperthreaded cores of the i3, second get ATLEAST an RX 470. lastly get a 3rd party CPU cooler like the cooler master Hyper T4 or 212 EVO. other than these 3 issues it looks fine.
    PC: CPU - i7-4790K, MoBo - MSI Z97 gaming 5, Memory - 16G Corsair vengeance LPX DDR3, GPU - EVGA 970 FTW edition, Storage- 1x Sandisk X400 M.2 512GB, 1X WD blue 1TB HDD, 1x WD green 1TB HDD, PSU - EVGA 550W 80+ bronze.

Quote Originally Posted by fragga View Post
    If you can, upgrade to the i5 and get a better GPU, I think nvidia GTX 970's are at a good price right now and it's a very powerful card that will last you a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitetroll View Post
    Grab an extra stick of Memory to take advantage of the dual channel on the mobo.
    I agree with fragga on both gpu and cpu. i5 is way more versatile and will last you longer while GTX970 is just vastly superior to the RX460.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstrider View Post
    Agreed. With i5 and GTX 970 you can play WoW with Max settings and 4x MSAA while always staying above 45 fps (and mostly above 60).
    Why get a GTX 970 when you can get a GTX 1060 for 40 bucks more?

Quote Originally Posted by ashh44 View Post

• The choices are made due to what stock the computer shop next to my house has. I'm happy to play on medium settings if I have to.
    Your budget decides what you can get, not the stock in the shop next to you.
    You build a machine to last at least some time.
    There is no point building machine that isn't even close to capping your budget.

Ask in the computer section.
    And even if you have to wait for parts to be delivered you should do so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Why get a GTX 970 when you can get a GTX 1060 for 40 bucks more?
    Because it sounds like his budget is very low, and 40 bucks isn't that small an amount, and the cards are (at least for WoW purposes) basically equal.

Also 970 can be gotten much cheaper 2nd hand and then it's a much better value.

Thanks for the replies guys I ended up going with i5 but stayed with the original graphics card as I already was over my budget by a decent amount. I looked at the gtx 970 but it was an extra $200 (Australian prices)
    Still will beat my late 2009 imac lol
    Last edited by ashh44; 2016-09-14 at 02:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fragga View Post
    770-790 still has more performance than 970
    geeze do you people ever use any comparison site
    or look at any forum
    only recently 970 was getting black screens on overwatch
    970 was crashing in gta 5 some people even get screen tearing in wow
    my 770 has been fine and lasted forever and still has all the framerates i need

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ashh44 View Post

that processor is garbage it has less performance than 4940k

- - - Updated - - -

get 16gig ram
    770, 780, 790, 1000 series graphic
    get 4930k or 4940k cpu
    get water cooling with 2 fans
    get a powersupply that can handle any future upgrades to your graphic card(beyond the new 1000 series)
    make sure the motherboard has enough ram slots to handle future upgrades
    -Proffesional Necromancer-