Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by leobear View Post
    Shamans have been dealt a bad deal... Elemental Shamans hit like kittens and are super squishy. Enhancement isn't much better. I solo better as a RestoShammy than either of the other two. Shamans are way underpowered and really suck at the moment. Warlocks are like immortal gods now though.
    1 post, just joined and spreading missinformation. Good job.
    Enhancement is fine. Elemental Shamans need help asap.
    If you cant solo 5 - 6 mobs on an enhancement shaman, you're doing something wrong.

Edit: also, Warlocks immortal? I dont know, but I think you're still stuck in MoP.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    If you cant solo 5 - 6 mobs on an enhancement shaman, you're doing something wrong.

Edit: also, Warlocks immortal? I dont know, but I think you're still stuck in MoP.
    completely agree, i personaly dont know about Elemental, but i play Enhance and Resto in mythics and i think they are great, especially Enhance

I main Resto (20 points), have only 13 points in Enhancement, and I can still kill 6-7 mobs as Enhancement in the time it takes to kill 1 as Resto. IF you think Enhancement is troubled, I think it's you that's troubled.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've leveled first as ele, and today just done with my warlock. It's crazy how much smoother warlock feels. Dot up a whole zone with tank pet and it's almost afk-able. Whereas as ele I had to be careful that I wasn't aggro'ing the wrong mob while in combat when hex was on CD. And had to spam heal surge after every fight.

I was so fed up with ele that I barely did any suramar quest, I can only imagine how painful it must be. Ye the dmg seems to be a bit underwhelming as lock, but the kit works. If we can learn anything from the past it's that locks will get the right buffs when needed, whereas that is not so sure for ele.

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    I've leveled first as ele, and today just done with my warlock. It's crazy how much smoother warlock feels. Dot up a whole zone with tank pet and it's almost afk-able. Whereas as ele I had to be careful that I wasn't aggro'ing the wrong mob while in combat when hex was on CD. And had to spam heal surge after every fight.

I was so fed up with ele that I barely did any suramar quest, I can only imagine how painful it must be. Ye the dmg seems to be a bit underwhelming as lock, but the kit works. If we can learn anything from the past it's that locks will get the right buffs when needed, whereas that is not so sure for ele.
    Well, I didnt level up as an ele. I had no problems pulling multiple mobs and bursting them down while soloing stuff. Elemental needs help, thats something we can all agree on. I personally dont agree though that warlocks are in a much better spot, and by god they aren't really immortal. Of course its easier to level as a warlock if you have a pet. Its the same thing as a hunter, where you can dish out as much damage as possible without being scared of dying, because before you die, your pet has to die and your feign death (or in the case of WL's soulstone) has to be on CD. And not to forget, WL's actually have some selfhealing and are naturally more tankier than most clothies.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Deleted
    I can't speak about the others, but I really enjoy Enhancement.
    It's not a semi-afk-friendly spec: when I'm not paying attention to my buffs and Maelstorm, I end up with ~100k DPS less than normal. Same in the world: if I just zerg mobs and ignore my stuff and never use my defensive cooldowns, I can be pretty squishy. When I don't, I can easily pull multiple mobs with no issues. Proper gear with Mastery and Haste also matters a lot.
    Last edited by mmocdc7e3738fa; 2016-09-14 at 09:02 AM.

Still overbloated and squishy.
    Pve : okay
    PvP : bad

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Earth Elemental does nothing like this since 10 builds or so, nor it ever decreased groups dmg taken. Currently its the same old EE we have on live.
    Except it's worse, it lasts for like, what 15 seconds?!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Honestly Resto shaman is the only viable spec... Elemental is by far the weakest spec all around in legion, especially for damage. I am ilevel 842 and my LB crits for like 190k...... if i get lucky most of the time they hit for like 160k or less.. other classes are hitting for a million in one shot (WW MONKS)

Not to mention our artifact as Elemental is complete trash tier in every way.. If you go shaman go resto or regret it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kevincuomo View Post
    Honestly Resto shaman is the only viable spec... Elemental is by far the weakest spec all around in legion, especially for damage. I am ilevel 842 and my LB crits for like 190k...... if i get lucky most of the time they hit for like 160k or less.. other classes are hitting for a million in one shot (WW MONKS)

Not to mention our artifact as Elemental is complete trash tier in every way.. If you go shaman go resto or regret it!
    You do realise there are 3 shaman specs not 2 right?

10+ Year Old Account

Or go Enhance and Resto....Enhance is great. I can out DPS any melee except DH's and maybe a good rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmalina View Post
    You do realise there are 3 shaman specs not 2 right?
    Oh wow really? No i mean i just have been playing the game for 10 years but thanks for the info. Just because i didn't mention the other spec which is crap as well doesn't mean i'm a moron.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Or go Enhance and Resto....Enhance is great. I can out DPS any melee except DH's and maybe a good rogue.
    If I look at the current simcraft ranking enhance seems very low compared to other melee just DKs and Fury below it.
    But I've seen a few threads now where people have been saying enhance DPS is great, (I am guessing this is ST, right?), even on the warrior forum. so some thing is amiss. Is enhance actually really that good and there's a problem with simcraft?
    I'm currently trying to choose whether to main warrior (initially as arms) or enhance, from the sound of it the gameplay for enhance sounds better, but DPS is also important to me.
    So what gives, why are so many people saying enhance DPS is great before we have any logs from raids and the only thing we really have to go on is simcraft.
    (I'm very willing to be convinced enhance is good as that would be my preference!)

Deleted
    Oh wow really? No i mean i just have been playing the game for 10 years but thanks for the info. Just because i didn't mention the other spec which is crap as well doesn't mean i'm a moron.
    You did invite that response tbf and no enhance isn't bad there's just a few other melee outliers who will likely be nerfed within the next couple of weeks taking the shine off it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qob View Post
    If I look at the current simcraft ranking enhance seems very low compared to other melee just DKs and Fury below it.
    But I've seen a few threads now where people have been saying enhance DPS is great, (I am guessing this is ST, right?), even on the warrior forum. so some thing is amiss. Is enhance actually really that good and there's a problem with simcraft?
    I'm currently trying to choose whether to main warrior (initially as arms) or enhance, from the sound of it the gameplay for enhance sounds better, but DPS is also important to me.
    So what gives, why are so many people saying enhance DPS is great before we have any logs from raids and the only thing we really have to go on is simcraft.
    (I'm very willing to be convinced enhance is good as that would be my preference!)
    I'm not sure. There are so many variables involved in my experience in Mythics vs the Sims. I just know that I'm usually in the top 2 DPS wise. I'm not sure how this will change with raids.

That being said, I'll always recommend a Shaman . You only share gear with Hunter and you bring a good amount of utility.

What misinformation? Elem shamans suck now (you agreed). Enhancement is not that great either IN MY OPINION. I hate the malestrom generation, it's clunky and slow as elem. Resto is the best of the 3. I was level 103 on my destruction warlock and took down a 110 Elite with barely any damage. I can solo through 5-6mobs as a warlock no problem. I'm certainly not stuck in MoP... but I can tell you where your head is stuck... (*)

In my experience i used my 110 boost on a shaman and have only used ele, i find that its not that bad ive completed every bit of broken ilse except the revered+ section of suramar. i can run mythics and the new raids in ele and i do fine. running mythics i pull anywhere from180k- 250. i crit my earth shock for 750k, when you use path of the flame properly you can spam lava burst and generate a full bar in like 4 secs #dont hate appreciate

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post

as an ele main since vanilla and someone, who havent touched enha before, i gave up on leveling as ele at 102, as it was extremely frustrating and just switched to enha, the difference was massive. I have yet to level caster (mage is on my to do list, since hes the only other 100 ive got), since ive done hutner, dh and enha, but i cant imagine anyone being as boring and unrewarding as ele :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne012 View Post
    In my experience i used my 110 boost on a shaman and have only used ele, i find that its not that bad ive completed every bit of broken ilse except the revered+ section of suramar. i can run mythics and the new raids in ele and i do fine. running mythics i pull anywhere from180k- 250. i crit my earth shock for 750k, when you use path of the flame properly you can spam lava burst and generate a full bar in like 4 secs #dont hate appreciate
    Where do i get that 110 boost?

Youre proving the pint though. I (enhancer) can easily pull much higher numbers. Dont be proud of those numbers, youd be far behind in my mythic + groups. And monks, rogue dhs can beat me...

Enhancement has never been more fun. Love it! Hope they don't change this playstyle.