Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warrior worst state EVER in pvp?

Is it just me or are warriors indeed in the worst state they have ever been in PVP since 2004?

Given how bursty the game is, our potentially good sustained damage does not matter when we die so fast.
    Therefore the only opportunity to kill someone is during Battle Cry, and then we feel useless for 1 whole minute.
    And finally when we are 6vs6 or 8vs8, every opponent seems to target warrior first, amongst every other class.

Def stance and commanding shout are a joke, and our only semi-useful ability, die by the sword is on a long cd.

Has anyone been successful on their warriors this expansion and enjoy the class?

Arms is really strong in 3's arena because you roll with a healer and the sustained damage/pressure of echo slam with a mortal strike debuff is unparalleled. Like usual though, but even more so with Legion pruning, it's going to be complete ass in solo pvp/BG's.

Fury is unplayable in any sort of PvP right now, don't bother with that.

Deleted
    Yeah, solo PvP or 2v2 skirmishes comes down to: whether I can blow something up fast enough. Everything can outlast us easily.

3v3 is a different story. We are t1 material there.

BGs without a dedicated healer were painful as well.

This is from arms PoV. Prot is cancerously good in 1v1, world PvP and stuff. Fury sounds dead, I didn't invest any time in it yet.

Arms is top tier in 3v3

Random bgs hasnt been in favor for Warriors in a long time

10+ Year Old Account
    there was a small scale ww3 at thunder totem yesterday and what i saw as follows :

prot warriors are like trying to punch a wall. painful to say the least.

arms is meh but situational.

fury is easy to kite ( depends on player ? )

generally all tank specs are a pain in the butt btw, extremely durable and they hit better than i expected.

p.s : killing thunder totem guards did NOT reduce my highmountain tribe rep. bug ? intended ?
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Deleted
    Went into a bg as Arms yesterday. A dh picked up our flag and while constantly slowing or stunning me glided/ flew whatever away and mysteriously also dealt a ton of damage to me while doing so. I got to below 20% just by following and not even actively fighting a DH.

Then I also noticed how ridiculous a 3 minute CD on Commanding Shout and Die by the sword is. A battle of Twin Peaks lasts 15 minutes at most so I get to cast DBTS four times at most - so yeah, no point without a (dedicated) healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors need pocket healers in BGs like always, but arms is very good right now in arena with a healer. The worst state of the warrior class in pvp was S5 (if you didn't have Betrayer) or the end of cataclysm aka "we'll fix it later".

10+ Year Old Account
    i Play (Or trying now) Fury in pvp since tbc. As a pve player never chased ratings but playing few arenas here and there to kill spare time off i was able to play at 1900-2000.
    ATM i dont think i could cope at 1000 rating. Extra damage taken and fuck all heal... I dont think there is class/spec i could kill ez

So all i got is prot pvp but after nerfs even that is kinda shit
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    Is it just me or are warriors indeed in the worst state they have ever been in PVP since 2004?
    Nothing beats Season 5 (fury only playable spec) in this regard.

I love playing prot and press Thunder Clap on CD for the 1s root. I can almost feel their hate everytime i press TC

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    Warriors need pocket healers in BGs like always, but arms is very good right now in arena with a healer. The worst state of the warrior class in pvp was S5 (if you didn't have Betrayer) or the end of cataclysm aka "we'll fix it later".
    Not true. WoD was god-like as a prot warrior with gladiator's resolve specced. Only advantage arms had was MS debuff + burst, otherwise glad was superior in every aspect in pvp. Self-heal, last stand, shield wall and decent damage output.

Deleted
    If you think arms is weak spec into fury. You will quickly take back your words.

FR arms running with healer in arenas seems like it will be pretty strong.

I don't see fury being viable at all with 30% (20%) increased damage taken. Just tunnel vision the fury warrior and his healer probably goes OOM in two seconds.

The worst state of the warrior class in pvp was S5 (if you didn't have Betrayer)
    Oh god.... ptsd
    Last edited by apoe; 2016-09-14 at 02:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shéllshock View Post
    Not true. WoD was god-like as a prot warrior with gladiator's resolve specced. Only advantage arms had was MS debuff + burst, otherwise glad was superior in every aspect in pvp. Self-heal, last stand, shield wall and decent damage output.
    Well first I wasn't talking about WoD at all and second, nobody played glad stance because it was pure shit compared to both arms and fury. The numbers speak for themselves. Worse burst, worse sustained, no D stance, etc. It was glad viable, but it was still bad by comparison. The only time up till now that prot was actually good was s8.

Deleted
    Well first I wasn't talking about WoD at all and second, nobody played glad stance because it was pure shit compared to both arms and fury. The numbers speak for themselves. Worse burst, worse sustained, no D stance, etc. It was glad viable, but it was still bad by comparison. The only time up till now that prot was actually good was s8.
    You were talking about battlegrounds and in battlegrounds Arms warriors were absolutely no issue.

Also, no defensive stance is true but

- Shield Wall
    - Last Stand
    - Enraged Regeneration

Arms had defensive stance and dbts. Glad also had shield charge which might have had a shorter range than Charge but was still useful against hunters and others when you were being kited.

Deleted
    I´m having zero problems in bgs and world pvp, haven´t tried skirmish.
    I´m topping charts as well.

You just need to know the battle and when to engage. If the enemy has a healer and you haven´t, gtfo.
    Also Arms warrior role is charge in, blow the healer up and leap out if you got heat on you.

Get the gunpowder charge from engineering, it crits for 1 million in world pvp and 600k in battlegrounds.

And don´t play fury in bgs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shéllshock View Post
    You were talking about battlegrounds and in battlegrounds Arms warriors were absolutely no issue.

Also, no defensive stance is true but

- Shield Wall
    - Last Stand
    - Enraged Regeneration

Arms had defensive stance and dbts. Glad also had shield charge which might have had a shorter range than Charge but was still useful against hunters and others when you were being kited.
    DBTS > Shield Wall
    Rallying Cry > Last Stand
    Both had enraged regen
    Arms had D stance and gladiator didn't.

There's no contest in survivability against magic damage. Gladiator was only better at mitigating physical damage, so basically, it just took a lot more damage in general. There was also no contest in burst or overall damage. It was the lowest damage warrior spec, and had the worst burst by far. It had the best mobility but that doesn't matter if all you do is tickle people when you get to them. There's a good reason people laughed whenever they saw a gladiator stance warrior - because they're generally not a threat. Most hybrids could casually heal through their damage and ignore them. Glad stance was a good idea, but they gutted it at the beginning of the expansion and never let it shine.

seems a bit clunky, is kinda crappy that the healing is a bit low, seems ot have low survival if against a few targets in games

DBTS > Shield Wall
    Rallying Cry > Last Stand
    Both had enraged regen
    Arms had D stance and gladiator didn't.

There's no contest in survivability against magic damage. Gladiator was only better at mitigating physical damage, so basically, it just took a lot more damage in general. There was also no contest in burst or overall damage. It was the lowest damage warrior spec, and had the worst burst by far. It had the best mobility but that doesn't matter if all you do is tickle people when you get to them. There's a good reason people laughed whenever they saw a gladiator stance warrior - because they're generally not a threat. Most hybrids could casually heal through their damage and ignore them. Glad stance was a good idea, but they gutted it at the beginning of the expansion and never let it shine.
    Last stand was far better than rallying cry as it increased your current health and maximum health, acting as a 30% heal. to be honest though, gladiator went out of favor when people realized you could just pvp as prot in defensive stance and lose almost nothing from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    Last stand was far better than rallying cry as it increased your current health and maximum health, acting as a 30% heal. to be honest though, gladiator went out of favor when people realized you could just pvp as prot in defensive stance and lose almost nothing from it.
    For solo play yes, for group play (99% of pvp) rallying cry was/is/will always be better. The fact that gladiator didn't have that was a good reason not to play it (on top of literally everything else because it was trash).