Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Is it just me or your vid keeps "freezing"?
    Not sure, I'll be uploading it to YouTube eventually, just haven't gotten around to it just yet.

Deleted
    did this today and i dissapointed twice.

Brood Guardian Phyx - my junkies just stood there not attacking hugging the boss and run away like crazy, lost 10 of them easily.
    Fearbommed Dro nothing special.
    Then i got to the egg room as affliction...my game just froze dead and i had to terminate the process to get back in. At least i was pleasantly relieved that I was still in the instance but i had no chance of surviving the spider gaunlet after that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bjoorp View Post
    did this today and i dissapointed twice.

Brood Guardian Phyx - my junkies just stood there not attacking hugging the boss and run away like crazy, lost 10 of them easily.
    Fearbommed Dro nothing special.
    Then i got to the egg room as affliction...my game just froze dead and i had to terminate the process to get back in. At least i was pleasantly relieved that I was still in the instance but i had no chance of surviving the spider gaunlet after that.
    The issue is the ghosts things leave behind, if you use the artifacts ability to remove the ghosts after things die and clean out the eggs in smaller batches you should be fine unless you're on a potato.

That said, I got to the end of my run today, took the option to port back to the entrance and it just ended despite me having 16 withered still left alive and with me, robbing me of 2-3 chests.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Frag Belt tinker and Cobalt Frag Bombs.

Deleted
    I'd quite like it if the Affli artifact didn't crash the game in the spider egg room, resulting in me being thrown out of the scenario without rewards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 101blubb View Post
    I'd quite like it if the Affli artifact didn't crash the game in the spider egg room, resulting in me being thrown out of the scenario without rewards.
    Same shit just happened to me. Seemed enough of an issue to make a thread about it here on the forums to warn everyone to stay off Ulthalesh. My PC is by no means bad, but anyone who works in games knows that particle stacking is a surefire way to crash any system. No idea how Blizz with their team doesn't have someone go "wait, what about capping it?" >.< It just starts a chain-reaction sometimes in the egg room. And it's worse on the stairway spiders.

Lost 6 chests, 2000 mana and all the rep for this week. Second time the scenario is fucked up by something out of my control (DC last time from Blizz, my end was fine). Pretty fucking annoying. Combine that with how badly designed the scenario is ... bah.

Thanks for the Uthalesh warning. I've been running it as Destro with Infernal. He can pull things around corners when I want to clear a room safely. Very handy.

The Volatile wraiths cast Unstable Explosion at low health. It will go off no matter how fast you kill them and always hurts the Withered somewhat. I read that interrupts don't work on this, only stuns, so I've been using the Infernal stun or Shadowfury. I'd much rather be casting Fear or Banish to stop the Unstable Explosion if that works. Does Fear or Banish work on Unstable Explosion?

Quote Originally Posted by qamar927 View Post
    Does Fear or Banish work on Unstable Explosion?
    Both do. I lose very very little Withered health fighting the elementals
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    WQell I just did REALLY AWFUL on that. The arcane gits agroed out of nowhere and all my withered ran off. I started out with 20 and had 8 left by the time I got to the first damn room. The other day I started with ten and got a score of 400.Have they tinkered with it?

Deleted
    Hello guys i finish the scenario playing Demon easy.
    You only have to take care with animas.
    1- Stun with your main felguard.
    2- Cut the final cast with Grimoire of service: Felguard
    3- Try to start with 2k mana to get a lot zombies.

Finish the scenario is a SHIT, because you win nothing, is beter when you are in front of the troll, come back and spent your 40 zombies on treasures.

Doomguard's Cripple is hilarious on Dro. I just walked away from him while Withered wittled him down. When he dashes stun him with your pet or Mortal Coil or Shadow Fury or Fear.
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

perma infernal pet, shadowfury/fire and brimstone. pop drums and potion on dro and burn him, use stuns when he does that dumb zooming around shit that kills your withered. can run dark pact if you feel like you need it, it's not like you need burning rush for this anyway. use eye of kilrogg to scout rooms for chests, etc

Deleted
    Spamming fear makes this whole thing a joke (except the giant at the end).

As affliction, I had a hard time against the very last boss, because of the constant spiderlings spawn. How did you handle it ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Margeta View Post
    As affliction, I had a hard time against the very last boss, because of the constant spiderlings spawn. How did you handle it ?
    You can bring him back in the tunnel.

Deleted
    If you've reached the last boss then the spiders will stop spawning.
    If you mean elfbane, there's zero reason to fight him. Walk right past him when he patrols over to the other side of the room.
    If you really insist on killing him, then you can come back after you've killed the last boss and the spiders have stopped.

I meant the spider, and clearly they kept on spawning while I was battling her. Maybe a bug then. I never went back there since I opened all the chests in the area after the fight.

Elfbane wasnt hard, I had like 45 withered, I just put them on insane and he only had the time to cast one aoe. It did a big hit on their hp but only 1 or 2 died.

I finally completed the entire scenario today with no issues - and when I say no issues I mean this run I had no issues. I've been progressively collecting the one-time 10-withered and 5-withered chests for the last few runs without even attempting the spider gauntlet as I found it to be a pain on Beta without good gear and withered upgrades.

Today when I went in I only had the chest beyond the spider gauntlet to collect (meaning I had 2 Berserkers, 2 Mana-Ragers, 1 Starcaller, 25% increased HP, 25% increased damage and reduced run away buff) and so was able to attempt clearing with the maximum possible upgrades. Although you can most certainly complete it without the maximum upgrades, I'd definitely recommend doing this for ease of completion. I completed the majority of the scenario as ST Demo, but switched to AoE Destro for the gauntlet. My iLvl is 848 (no legendaries).

For the bulk of the scenario I was Demo with talents 1222322. Nothing special about the choices but you should really choose Mortal Coil over Demon Skin for the extra CC. Obviously you should start with 20 withered (2k mana). For the trash mobs before the spider gauntlet, there are only a couple of scary ones. The first are the big Arcane elementals, just make sure you always have the Felguard stun and Mortal Coil available for them. Use one whenever they start casting (they shouldn't be able to cast more than twice with 20+ withered). The elite spiders next to the Volatile Wraithlord rare can be very dangerous if you pull more than 2, so you really need to take it slow and cautious here, but when facing only one, they're no problem.

Lapillia was a non-issue - just pop CDs, withered buff and burn the boss down whilst using Felguard stun, Grimoire stun and Mortal Coil at the first sign of any Crystalline Shrapnel cast. You can also use the Infernal for a 3rd stun but it doesn't really matter on this rare so Doomguard is better. If you do get the shrapnel debuff just run away from your withered.

Leystalker Dro's main problem is the unpredictability of where he will spawn. If he spawns when you're fighting an Arcane elemental you can get overwhelmed very quickly or run out of CCs. Take it real slow until he spawns, there's not much else you can do. Also break the Webs after you've cleared the trash around them as he seems to sometimes spawn from those. If you spawn him alone he's not that much of a threat if you do things perfect. Pop withered buff and start nuking, try to get as many pets out as possible and he can charge them instead of the withered if you're lucky. Felguard stun when he charges once, first. The second time he charges use the Grimoire stun, third use the Infernal for its stun. Finally use Mortal Coil for the fourth. You shouldn't get a fifth charge as he should be dying around this time. If you're unlucky you will lose 4 withered max, if you're lucky and on-the-ball you can get away without losing any.

After Dro, you should go for the Brood Guardian Phyx. He's the easiest and poses no real danger and you can usually pick up 3-4 extra withered in his room. Like with the first rare, just CC casts and let your withered buff burn him down.

Next is the Volatile Wraithlord. This guy is just a suped-up version of the Arcane elementals and so the same principles apply. Just be careful not to pull any of the elite spider adds with him. I recommend killing the first big spider add right in front of you as you enter the room, then pull the boss right back into the corridor, pop withered buff, Felguard stun the first cast, Grimoire stun the second, Infernal the third and Mortal Coil the forth if needed. He should be dead long before he gets to a fifth cast.

The mini-spider rare (can't remember its name) that you need to kill to open the door before Furog the Elfbreaker can just be pulled out of the room and killed. There is literally no need to actually enter the room unless you reeeeeeally want those extra 1-2 withered. The eggs/spiders can do a lot of damage if you aggro them, and can be a pain to gather-up and AoE. Plus they give no points, so if you can ignore them you should. You can sneak around the eggs without breaking them to get those extra withered, but its risky.

Furog the Elfbreaker can be pulled out of his room to avoid the barrage of spiders from the gauntlet. His main risky move is his AoE stomp. This NEEDs to be interrupted with CC. Tbh, I'd just ignore the Grab Withered casts and solely use CC for the stomp - the reason being is that you may run out of CCs if you interrupt both and the cast time of the grab gives you more time to burn him down, meaning less stomps overall.

After this dude I changed to Destro with talents 3212313. I used the Infernal for its pulsing AoE aggro (although its not really that great). I just ran up the first set of stairs whilst telling my Infernal to attack every spider in front of me. Once here, I Cata'd and spammed AoE-Incinerate until all the spiders were dead, ignore the withered here you don't need them and it wastes time. Run to the top of the stairs and pull Psillych. Use the infernal's stun straight away to spawn the extra 3 infernals from the artifact trait (which I'm assuming everyone has). Now just blow everything you have. Nothing special here - the aim is to just kill him before you/your withered die.

And GG you're done. Hopefully this helped those still looking for strats or help. The final chest gives your withered more accuracy when DPSing for next run, which should make things easier. Good luck.
    Last edited by Esinar; 2016-09-14 at 03:05 PM.

Deleted
    I meant the spider, and clearly they kept on spawning while I was battling her. Maybe a bug then. I never went back there since I opened all the chests in the area after the fight.

Elfbane wasnt hard, I had like 45 withered, I just put them on insane and he only had the time to cast one aoe. It did a big hit on their hp but only 1 or 2 died.
    You probably just needed to run further into the room, the despawns aren't triggered on engagement, it's once you get up the stairs and further into the room she's in.

Bit of a divergence on minmaxing, but I have all the chests now I think and they don't respawn - tempted to just start yolo'ing the scenario and not really caring about score just for the sake of saving time. Only thing putting me off is I'm unsure if legendaries can drop from the final chest and if so, whether score influences it.

Deleted
    The larger chests with upgrades afaik are unique, otherwise you could farm them and stack the "buffs"