Page 9 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by santrin View Post
    I haven't seen any change to my stamina/hp today on US-Thrall, hopefully this hotfix is in the process of being rolled out.
    Ah right, I'm on Ragnaros - EU for what it's worth.

Edit: Apparently it was a bug, back to normal health again.

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone know if the Darkmoon Deck: Immortality works with Ironfur?
    Last edited by Seditian; 2016-09-12 at 10:03 PM.

Deleted
    What stat weights should i use for pawn?

Is it safe to be somewhat concerned about our long-term scaling this expansion?

I could be wrong about much of this, but by my reasoning we scale better than most tanks with: Armor, Stam and by a small margin Versatility.

Armor is by far our best survivability stat, but as the expansion progresses, armor cap will become a legitimate concern when stacking IFs.

So my main concern arises because our "primary" stat, agility, offers essentially no survivability benefit, as AP is used in the calculation of neither our mitigation, nor our heals, and it gives a fairly insubstantial increased chance to dodge.

If we reach the point where armor starts becoming devalued (which further devalues haste), new pieces of gear will only be of benefit because of the extra stam and secondary stats, where most other tanks will still be getting the full benefit of the armor, stam, their primary stat (especially wars) and the secondary stats.

As I said, not sure how sound the reasoning is here, especially since I don't know how many tiers we can expect, so I'm not sure that the DRs will come early enough to matter. Nor am I sure that our DR from armor gains will be significantly more impactful than DRs other tanks will experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Raklar View Post
    If we reach the point where armor starts becoming devalued (which further devalues haste), new pieces of gear will only be of benefit because of the extra stam and secondary stats, where most other tanks will still be getting the full benefit of the armor, stam, their primary stat (especially wars) and the
    Not gonna happen, it'll be fine.

Unless you stack Armor trinkets, the base armor from gear will not reach a point where this is an issue.

Yeah, unless they give us a tier bonus that makes Ironfur twice as effective, we won't hit the armor cap. I've only reached the cap with a trinket that stacks with Ironfur, and I had to apply a fourth Ironfur, which you really don't need at all.

E: and that trinket gave me 3k armor.
    Last edited by Seditian; 2016-09-13 at 04:45 PM.

Does anyone know if there is any communication from Blizzard about fixes for Guardian of Elune duration or Ursoc's Endurance? If not, is there anything we can do to influence a faster fix?

Quote Originally Posted by videnfost View Post
    Does anyone know if there is any communication from Blizzard about fixes for Guardian of Elune duration or Ursoc's Endurance? If not, is there anything we can do to influence a faster fix?
    Color me surprised: what exactly is bugged? It might be because I've been in zombie-mode while farming heroics after the first 20 that I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    Color me surprised: what exactly is bugged? It might be because I've been in zombie-mode while farming heroics after the first 20 that I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary.
    You lose the 2 second Guardian of Elune bonus on your first Ironfur if you follow it immediately with a 2nd un-buffed cast. Ursoc's Endurance doesn't function at all, as the Ironfur buff falls off with 0.5/1/1.5 seconds remaining if you put points into it.
    Last edited by videnfost; 2016-09-13 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by videnfost View Post
    You lose the 2 second Guardian of Elune bonus on your first Ironfur if you follow it immediately with a 2nd un-buffed cast. Ursoc's Endurance doesn't function at all, as the Ironfur buff falls off with 0.5/1/1.5 seconds remaining if you put points into it.
    Aah ok, that explains quite a few things. I just wasn't looking at it close enough apparently (and I only have 1 trait point in Ursoc's Endurance).

Does Frenzied regeneration work off pre mitigated damage you would get? or does it work on damage after mitigation?
    Last edited by Bearygood; 2016-09-13 at 10:31 PM.

Yeah it counts the actual damage you took, not how much you mitigated away.

Deleted
    Was wondering why is Embrace of the Nightmare so good? Because the ability it improves is 1.5m, it feels like you get more value out of the other 2
    Last edited by mmoc0e23e5b73e; 2016-09-14 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpsm8 View Post
    haven't had a chance to test Coagulated Nightwell Residue from Arcway
    I'm running with 850 Alchemists stone and 845 Coagulated.

In 846 gear (I forget my versa, it adds to the stack size as far as I can see), it provides me with a 1.030.000 hp shield @ 10 stacks.

The tinket (5 PPM per WoWhead), can proc from every attack, including Brambles. Nightwell Energy stacks have a 1 minute duration, and gaining/refreshing stacks at 10 stacks will reset the duration.

It's trivial to start a fight with a 1 mil shield ready to go. I like it a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by taelon View Post
    Was wondering why is Embrace of the Nightmare so good? Because the ability it improves is 1.5m, it feels like you get more value out of the other 2
    The extra damage + leech makes RotS a very very nice cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Ooshraxa View Post
    the extra damage + leech makes RotS a very very nice cooldown.
    Yeah. Making a Rage of the Sleeper (with Embrace of the Nightmare) + Lunar Beam macro is really potent in mythic dungeon content. The 1.5 cooldown is quick enough that it is up every other trash pack. Great to use when initiating those BIG trash packs, absorb damage early while you are building rage, and heals you for so much that your healer can basically take a nap.

I'm not saying it is a good macro for raid content, but it is going to be VERY powerful in Mythic+ where speed counts.

barkskin as well in that macro if u have brambles

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jayg2772 View Post
    barkskin as well in that macro if u have brambles
    Not enough characters free in my Laz-z-bear macro.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 0
    /startattack
    /castsequence reset=6 Mangle,Thrash,Swipe,Moonfire(Lunar)
    /cast [mod:ctrl,mod:shift]Mark of Ursol;[mod:ctrl]Maul;[mod:alt]Ironfur;[mod:shift]Frenzied Regeneration
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 1
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    /castsequence reset=6 Mangle,Thrash,Swipe,Moonfire(Lunar)
    I lose a tiny bit of DPS, but I prefer Thrash, Swipe, Mangle, Moonfire. Feels like it gives me better control and aggro management when pulling trash packs. Bears have derpy ranged taunt, and I don't want any trash slipping past me on the pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrown View Post
    Mastery vs Versatality doesnt make sense to me.

Mostly because very very few pieces of gear have it. Does anyone have any advice on how to realistically pick gear?

My mastery is around 14% and vers is around 8%.
    Every Piece I have at this point is mastery + vers. In the raid it will be harder to maintain true. But right now it's easy.