During prepatch we aiming 38% haste (18% base + 20% trinket), 30% crit then mastery. I always wonder why this 38% become 18%, and it would not surprise me that is a mistake here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silveroc View Post
    During prepatch we aiming 38% haste (18% base + 20% trinket), 30% crit then mastery. I always wonder why this 38% become 18%, and it would not surprise me that is a mistake here.

Can someone investigate this? Im so confused right now. What stats i should go after for?

I got some high ilvl haste items in my bag, but i thought i should stack crit after 18% and im using lower ilvl items instead.

By the way, i dont think that simcraft is showing the right numbers on furys behalf. I don't think that fury is so bad that everybody thinks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshitsuna View Post
    But we already have massive ammounts of hate, just read the forums :P
    Depends on what you call massive I meant massive as in won't even make our gcd / BT-RB CD budge if we pump 1k more haste into it levels of massive haste

Honestly the spec feels WAY smoother to me to play at around 30% haste than it did at ~15.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptnTorpedo View Post
    Depends on what you call massive I meant massive as in won't even make our gcd / BT-RB CD budge if we pump 1k more haste into it levels of massive haste

Honestly the spec feels WAY smoother to me to play at around 30% haste than it did at ~15.
    You're not getting the pun
    Read your post again :P

Deleted
    Oh shit. Should go to sleep one day or another, it's starting to leak

Quote Originally Posted by WoWAltoholic View Post
    How good is Marfisi's Giant Censer? Has anyone tested this trinket.
    I don't actually know. I have an 850 sitting in the bank and I'm waiting to find out the same myself!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Silveroc View Post
    Because stats were inflated due to higher ilvl, making it easier to get higher amounts of stats period, and we had a class trinket which inflated haste and multiplied with haste on gear. No we do not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erica View Post
    Getting weird results from simcraft as well, despite being at 27% haste/20% crit it's coming up haste > vers > crit >= mast for both WB/Carnage and Avatar/Massacre on patchwerk as well as 5-target cleave. Haste seems to stay ahead in scaling plots too, and reforge plots are even showing a DPS gain for dropping about 1500 crit for haste, beyond which the DPS simply plateaues instead of starting to drop again.

Dunno if this is accurate or due to some error, the APL and ability breakdown looked pretty sane anyway. Shrug.
    Some jackass broke the APL, so don't trust anything that Fury says right now. I put in a new one, should be hitting new releases soon.

Anyone else's Skada not tracking enrage uptime correctly?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    i have a couple of trinkets, not sure which 2 to use for fury.

mythic hunger of the pack
    mythic tiny oozling in a jar
    heroic warforged spiked counterweight (830) has avoidance
    mythic faulty countermeasure
    mythic warforged mark of dagrul (845) has avoidance

any help is appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Haveth View Post
    Yup, mine is broken aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Haveth View Post
    Details works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Some jackass broke the APL, so don't trust anything that Fury says right now. I put in a new one, should be hitting new releases soon.
    Thanks for clarifying this Archi. One thing I have continued to notice however after updating to the version time stamped '2016-09-14 07:53' is my current stat weights remain in favor of haste & versatility over crit & mastery which was also the case on the previous version with the broken APL albeit the decimal values have changed slightly to reflect the APL change. Is this deviation from the guideline of haste to 18% > crit to 30% > mastery to be expected with certain setups? The only talent change I've taken is wrecking ball over avatar for 5-man optimisation.

Current sim results are with this (please excuse the sloppy enchants & gems, i'm gonna be amending these this reset ) - eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ragnaros/Reen%C3%A9/simple
    Last edited by Oneer; 2016-09-14 at 10:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a point where Massacre overtakes Carnage as the go to talent for that row? When we get Juggernaught or only if you get lucky and get the Execute Ring?

Quote Originally Posted by Fourze View Post
    Is there a point where Massacre overtakes Carnage as the go to talent for that row? When we get Juggernaught or only if you get lucky and get the Execute Ring?
    When there is real execute phases, so raids. I think Massacre is better than Carnage even without those two.

massacre is damn good on EoA endboss (100% execute phase).

i personally wouldnt play it on anything else until raids (and maybe m+) launch... the last i remember was that you need at least 45-60s of execute phase to make good use of it (juggernaut helps quite a bit too and so do the other execute-related traits).

still hoping for a change of juggernaut at this point ... 99 stacks is completely dumb and makes balancing a nightmare... it should be capped at around 10-15 stacks, with a slight boost to per stack dmg and an execute-dmg buff on top of it. that would also justify the 6s duration, which is still quite harsh in raids.

execute ring alone probably isnt even enough to justify massacre on non-raid content, but im not sure about that (proc-rates and general crit-rating would play into that)

Execute ring actually makes Massacre work quite well as it's barely a dps loss to use Massacre even above 20% at that point. And at any level of Mythic+ the execute phase should be long enough on bosses to take advantage of and be worth, especially since you should also have Juggernaut by next week even if playing casually.

Quote Originally Posted by Fourze View Post
    Funny thing, even ignoring Execute altogether, Carnage actually isn't that great for single target, simply because you don't save that much rage, it really only saves about one GCD on Rampage; it shines in multitarget however, because we're using TfB less and Rampage deals good cleave damage.

So for dungeons, Carnage is the way to go, simply because fights are so short and cleave is so plentiful. Even with Juggernaut, you won't get higher than ~7 stacks on most mythic bosses, which is a pittance (the damage doesn't really ramp up until ~15-20 stacks).

Once you move into raids and real Execute phases exist, Massacre is hands down better, with or without Juggernaut.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sethanor View Post
    massacre is damn good on EoA endboss (100% execute phase).

i personally wouldnt play it on anything else until raids (and maybe m+) launch... the last i remember was that you need at least 45-60s of execute phase to make good use of it (juggernaut helps quite a bit too and so do the other execute-related traits).

still hoping for a change of juggernaut at this point ... 99 stacks is completely dumb and makes balancing a nightmare... it should be capped at around 10-15 stacks, with a slight boost to per stack dmg and an execute-dmg buff on top of it. that would also justify the 6s duration, which is still quite harsh in raids.

execute ring alone probably isnt even enough to justify massacre on non-raid content, but im not sure about that (proc-rates and general crit-rating would play into that)
    Juggernaut needs a few changes to be honest. The biggest problem with it is that once farm hits, the talent really turns to shit. Even right now, it's only strong on abnormally long fights (7m+), because 5% increases take so long to ramp and Fury can't simply spam Execute at all times.

The other issue is the buffs time limit. It's really easy for the buff to fall off because you had to BT or RB for rage and the boss moved slightly pulling you out of range before the following Execute goes off. Hell, the DR-Reck/BT-OF combo alone eats the entire buff time without Haste.

There's also a bug where killing a target with Execute often doesn't proc a stack of Juggernaut. This is because the buff is tied to the mainhand hit rather than the ability cast, and because the offhand hit always triggers first, it's very common for a target to die before the mainhand hit registers (even though the events all technically happen at the same time, in reality there is a small delay between them).

TLDR: Juggernaut needs to be stronger, if nothing else than to account for what happens as fights start getting progressively shorter and the inability to practically stack higher than ~20 out of 99. The buff needs to last slightly longer because losing stacks is too easy and absolutely cripples the trait.
    Suggestion: 10%-15% per stack capping at 30-22 stacks; buff lasts 10s.

and don't even get me started on how bad the Fury legendaries are...

Quick fury question.

The fury artifact recommendations seem to skip the first gold trait to rush the final two. I assume those are better for overall DPS, but I'll be mostly playing fury for trash encounters. Is the first fury gold trait (Rage of the Valarjar) that bad? On paper it reads good, but I know there have been proc rate complaints. Is the proc so bad people basically never want to take it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamluck View Post
    Quick fury question.

The fury artifact recommendations seem to skip the first gold trait to rush the final two. I assume those are better for overall DPS, but I'll be mostly playing fury for trash encounters. Is the first fury gold trait (Rage of the Valarjar) that bad? On paper it reads good, but I know there have been proc rate complaints. Is the proc so bad people basically never want to take it?
    It doesn't proc enough but more importantly the path to get there is far less ideal as you have to go through basically the worst node on the entire tree to reach it. The best node on the entire tree is Helyas Wrath so the natural inclination is to take the best, most DPS-beneficial path to get there.

A lot of people are struggling to get to 20 to have Juggernaut and Odyn's Champion before raids start, so going 4 points out of the way would set you back from the optimal path by a week or more the way AP ramps up.

All of that said, if you know for sure you don't care about your execute phase then you can go ahead and move those 4 points from Deathdealer and Juggernaut and put them in Battlescars/Rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamluck View Post
    Quick fury question.

Believe it or not, but Rage is actually really good. The problem is that it's gated behind a worthless 3 point trait, which means it requires considerably more investment. Meanwhile the path to OC-Helyas-Juggernaut is as efficient as possible and doesn't "waste" any points in non-DPS related traits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    All of that said, if you know for sure you don't care about your execute phase then you can go ahead and move those 4 points from Deathdealer and Juggernaut and put them in Battlescars/Rage.
    This. If you're not planning to do any raid content, Juggernaut can be skipped, as it really doesn't have any place in dungeons (with current tuning).

7.1 PTR datamined, anyone with more knowledge can dissect for us? I can't tell which are tooltip updates (most seem to be) and which are legitimate changes. At first glance just seems to be 90% tooltips for warriors at least, but again, I'm not the most knowledgeable on what's current and what's not. Are those execute "nerfs" legit lol?
    Last edited by Anbokr; 2016-09-14 at 09:40 PM.