Poll: Worst part of Obama's presidency

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's like trying to pick which cancer is the worst cancer.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Iraq (much better off than it was under Bush)
    Afghanistan (much better off than it was under Bush)
    This is a complete fabrication.
    Iraq

Notice the end of the surge in '07 from Bush and '08 handoff to Obama.

Surely Afghanistan is better right? Wrong

Iran (US are actually on speaking terms with them now and the UK are reopening our embassy)
    Oh you mean the 1.7B in ransom money paid in foreign currency to Iran on unmarked planes leaving in the dead of night? Exactly where do you think that money will be going?
    That's right, their military.
    http://www.thetower.org/3494-iran-us...pending-by-90/
    Iran Uses U.S. Taxpayer Money to Increase Military Spending by 90%
    Never mind they are the worlds largest state sponsor or terrorism. How much do you think they then will use this new equipment and influence to their neighbors of Afghanistan and Iraq? A lot, and it wont be to the benefit of the US nor the environment that was left there in 2008.

Ah yes, I almost forgot to add that Iran now has yet another reason to snatch up US visitors there.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...ge-taking-pays
    U.S. Has Taught Iran a Lesson: Hostage-Taking Pays
    Not to mention that Iran is now threatening US ships in the region and telling us that they are willing to shoot down our airplanes.

The only notable exception is Libya, which would have turned out the same under Bush except it would have been the US leading and it's allies following (as opposed to the US following France in).
    you forgot Libya, Syria, North Korea, Russia, Turkey, Iraq, Afghanistan, The Philippines, China, and Pakistan too. I am sure there are a few I failed to mention.

On the bright side, there is Cuba right? Oh wait, no.
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/fidel-ca...sit-1459182646
    Fidel Castro Lashes Out at Obama After Cuba Visit.

“One assumes that each of us runs the risk of a heart attack hearing these words from a U.S. president,” Mr. Castro wrote, outlining a long list of grievances including the failed U.S.-backed 1961 Bay of Pigs invasion. “We don’t need the empire to gift us anything,” he added, touting his economically crippled country’s independence from foreign powers.
    Surely Venezuela then? No? GDI
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/w...lomat/2898097/
    AP 5:41 p.m. EDT September 30, 2013
    Venezuela expels top U.S. diplomat, 2 envoys
    then
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-26346982
    25 February 2014
    US expels three Venezuelan officials in diplomatic row
    Yeah, totally good foreign policy history right there.

Deleted
    I think I am going to go with that one time that he didn't salute a marine properly.

Because that is about the only thing I can think of that he completely was in control of and wasn't affected by any outside sources.

His successor.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Being elected.

Obama care, everyone I talked to r paying more for less. Small business owners have also been effected negatively. Large insurance companies have pulled out of Obama care. Remember what he promised, lower rates, same insurance, same Doctor. None of which actually happened.

He talked about how unacceptible it was for the debt to be so high and how much bush added to it then doubled the national debt.

Foreign policy, so much, Iran deal, Isis, Russia, North Korea, etc.

Race relations seem to be at an all time low, BLM hate group, war on cops etc.

Weak economic recovery, first president to not hit 3.0% gdp growth, the rich have recovered but not the poor. Median income down, work force paticipation down, lowest home ownership rate, etc.

The replacement he will be getting. No matter which one...

I still don't understand why people scream blood and thunder over Obamacare.

Obama care, everyone I talked to r paying more for less. Small business owners have also been effected negatively. Large insurance companies have pulled out of Obama care. Remember what he promised, lower rates, same insurance, same Doctor. None of which actually happened.
    He mostly promised actual healthcare, not that monstrosity of an insurance fraud done by insurance companies you have right now. The system he got from what got explained to me is very similar to what europe generally uses... And i asked quite a lot of people i ran into because, to quote myself "I still don't understand why people scream blood and thunder over Obamacare.". So i don't really understand where this hate comes from. If what i was told is true and im tempted to buy it then... ...well... I mean i don't have to decide what finger to keep if i cut two off because i bought a cheeseburger the other day and am kind of low on money.
    Last edited by SoundOfGuns; 2016-09-14 at 11:52 AM.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitetroll View Post
    So.. the debates regarding whether Obama was born in Kenya or Hawaii was his fault? The debate whether he is Muslim or not was also his fault? Obamacare was a socio-economic issue? Statements regarding LGBT rights were a dilemma?
    Nice conspiracy theories, mind drudging out the fake Bush military record files put on national news and passed around the country as real news? What about the left wanting to string him up and hang him for "war crimes"? Honestly I could go and list all the hate the left has for him but what would be the point, you know and believe them all already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    The replacement he will be getting. No matter which one...

I still don't understand why people scream blood and thunder over Obamacare.
    If you don't know whats good for you ask a liberal/democrat, they always seem to know.
    People don't like Obamacare because freedom is the absence of coercion.
    Obamacare was packaged and sold as a lie to the people. Literally none of the good things about the law he used to pass it exists in the real world. No, its not free. Actually is based off the premise that the young and healthy have to yet pay for another program for which by and large they will not benefit from. No, it wont save you $2500 a year. No you cant keep your plan/doctor. Heck, even the insurance companies that democrats love to hate on (who helped craft the bill btw) and thought, "wow, we can now force people to buy our stuff? Cool, more $$ for us. All IN!". Even they are pulling out of the marketplaces because it sucks. Pretty sad that even the people who helped craft the bill hate the product.
    Last edited by ezgeze; 2016-09-14 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    Pretty sad that even the people who helped craft the bill hate the product.
    It creates inefficiencies that they assumed only they would take advantage of, but there's always plenty of cockroaches.

His fanning the flames of racial hatred.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowdasher View Post
    His fanning the flames of racial hatred.
    They have been in the US far longer than Obama has.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

7+ Year Old Account
    The worst part is that his approval rating is only at 58% despite the excellent numbers that came out this week with how he handled the economy especially in 2015. I know those numbers are decent for a President in his final term, but still a shame they're so low for such a wonderful President.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    They have been in the US far longer than Obama has.
    He said fanning the flames.

15+ Year Old Account
    Which doesn't make any sense. Inequality among the black population is as old as the US.

Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    The worst part is that his approval rating is only at 58% despite the excellent numbers that came out this week with how he handled the economy especially in 2015. I know those numbers are decent for a President in his final term, but still a shame they're so low for such a wonderful President.
    Even if you could attribute the economy to the President, doesn't mean there isn't other things he has done that pissed people off. Pretty sure liberal hippies are not happy with him bombing targets with drones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Which doesn't make any sense. Inequality among the black population is as old as the US.
    I guess you don't understand what fanning the flames means.

His spinelessness.
    His stuttering.
    His watered down health-care.
    His "speak loudly but carry a flimsy stick" policy about Russia.

And what makes me hate him on a personal level,
    "If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon [Martin]"
    "The future must not belong to those who slander the Prophet of Islam"
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

And he was wrong about that. If anything, Obama tried too hard to be moderate on race issues but his opponents were never going to be willing to meet him halfway, so his efforts to compromise and find common ground just made him look conciliatory and weak which invited more brazen attacks. In fact, that is probably the ultimate flaw of Obama's presidency, he just spent too much trying to kiss and make up with people who had no interest in seeing his kind as human beings, much less finding a respectful working relationship with him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Even if you could attribute the economy to the President, doesn't mean there isn't other things he has done that pissed people off. Pretty sure liberal hippies are not happy with him bombing targets with drones.
    When the economy has slow growth the President gets blamed. It seems that the record growths and lowered poverty rates of 2015 should be attributed to him. It either works both ways or it doesn't.

As for drone targets, hippies might be upset, but I'm sure many liberals aren't. It really is the lesser of two evils. Do you want your Isis/Taliban targets dead with few casualties, or do you want a messy conflict with thousands of our men and woman risking their lives with boots on the ground. I know the conservative choice here is boots on the ground, but in the grand scheme of things drones seems pretty mild and I'm sure the hippies aren't too keen with boots on the ground either. In the end it seems like another contrived argument just to play devil's advocate from the right, while at the same time, they'd want their president to obliterate the enemy families and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Trump
    And the other thing is with the terrorists, you have to take out their families. They, they care about their lives. Don’t kid yourself. But they say they don’t care about their lives. You have to take out their families.
    Last edited by -Nurot; 2016-09-14 at 02:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    When he supported Argentina

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess you don't understand what fanning the flames means.
    You'd have to be an out of touch idiot to be surprised that there are protestations and civil disobedience from oppressed minority groups that aren't from some mythical president 'fanning the flames'. Read a fucking history book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The veiled racism among threatened white male Americans.
    Kind of a blanket statement wouldn't you say though? Racism isn't always the answer in todays world - and just because someones a straight white male, doesn't necessarily mean they are a CLOSET extremist racist pig. But what do I know right?