Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Pretty much. A 4th DPS spec to a pure DPS class is pointless
    It's more stupid to destroy the purity of a class.

If I want a druid, I will roll a druid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Adding a healing spec to a pure dps (probably THE pure dps) class is a terrible idea. Say what you want, Hybrid Tax exists, and people tend to roll pure classes for a reason.

Time-based mage spec would be a great idea tho. It could bring the old Alter Time mechanic back, some time bombs, or sand, becuase that's what makes a hourglass and hourglass is time. I guess Elisandre fight in Nighthold might suggest some additional mechanics, she seems to be using time-based magic.
    Don't spread misinformation, hybrid tax is a myth that died in Wotlk. DPS specs in hybrid classes do less dps because of balancing or imperfect sims, not because of the "tax". I wish i could heal or tank to help out my friends in dungeons and to have instant queues, but i also want to play my mage because i got everything on it, all the reps, transmogs, quests, achievements. Losing all that progress by going on an alt feels really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by frag971 View Post
    Don't spread misinformation, hybrid tax is a myth that died in Wotlk. DPS specs in hybrid classes do less dps because of balancing or imperfect sims, not because of the "tax". I wish i could heal or tank to help out my friends in dungeons and to have instant queues, but i also want to play my mage because i got everything on it, all the reps, transmogs, quests, achievements. Losing all that progress by going on an alt feels really bad.
    Not talking about the old hybrid tax. Currently a Hybrid means that in case your dps spec sucks you can ditch it for a support role (tank/healer), if you are a pure DPS it means that you will just swap to another DPS spec. It's a huge difference when it comes to designing a whole class. Of course tho, in hindsight having a 4th spec showing up could totally nullify that problem - but in an unlikely scenario where Blizzard suddenly changed Arcane to healing spec, the class would be drastically different as a result.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by denzildk View Post
    Snip
    I think I've had some ideas after reading this. Not gonna use exactly what you proposed, but I'm definitely thinking on something around that. Also, I wouldn't really bother much on how long it takes for a gear to do a full turn, YET.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

It's a bit of a shame that shamans take away most of the possibility of Earth and Air mages, I've always fantasised about this (I've played a fair bit of guild wars)

Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    I think I've had some ideas after reading this. Not gonna use exactly what you proposed, but I'm definitely thinking on something around that. Also, I wouldn't really bother much on how long it takes for a gear to do a full turn, YET.
    all the numbers were just to make it easyer to understand, i just like the concept of them having a default speed in the middle, then speeding up towards infinite for single target, and slowing (maby even to a stop) for aoe.

i also thought up a cool utility spell that would be a premeditated dispell, cast it on a target (ally or enemy) and after a couple of seconds it would "reset" buffs/debuffs back to when it was cast. NOT like alter time did in MoP, but just if for example in eye of azshara on the last boss you get the name of the person getting the bomb that needs dispelling a bit before it is cast, then the Time Mage could cast this spell on then, they would then get the debuff, and it would then activate a sec or so in, removing the bomb completly instead of putting it on the ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting concept.. very imaginative indeed. Good job!

In my opinion, it is a matter of time that the Mages (and other classes) receive a fourth specialization.

However, in my view, that new specialization for mages should be a support specialization (assuming that "support specializations" are added to WoW to accompany the current DPS, Tank and Heal ones).

But the only "problem" that I see to your idea is that, theoretically, the Arcane spec already comprises the "playing with the time" niche, as they are the masters of time and space.

Personally, I would transform the Arcane spec into a more support-oriented specialization, including of course some of your ideas to reinforce the Arcane spec identity.

only if time mages get an exclusive Murozond mount

I was talking about a similar spec with a friend on TS, if anything, this should be a healer spec. 4 specs all being DPS is just silly, and a time-weaver/chronomancer of sorts would be a great fit for healing, as you could... rewind the damage, as it were.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would rather vote for Chronomancer as a separate cloth-wearing hero class with Chromie as class leader. It can have 2 specs (like the DH), one for caster DPS and other for healing.
    Last edited by Fayenoor; 2016-09-15 at 08:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Deleted
    way too complicated for most of you. Mage is favoured because of how mindless it is to play. you would not be able to handle any kind of class depth.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Pretty much. A 4th DPS spec to a pure DPS class is pointless and adds nothing to the game.
    ^

They will not add a 4th DPS spec to any pure should 4th specs become a thing. Their biggest mistake was making pures to begin with.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Caster types missing in WoW--

• Chronomancer
    • Necromancer (I suppose Demo locks might qualify? But Necromancers in Warcraft used to summon skeletons)
    • Illusionist

Warcraft universe doesn't have the concept of Blood Magic (i.e. Dragon Age style) or Death Magic (original Guild Wars style).

Warcraft focuses on elemental magic:
    Earth, Air, Nature - Shaman
    Fire, Water (frost), Arcane - Mage, Warlock (Destro - fel fire?)
    Arcane, Nature - Druid

And Light and Shadow Magic
    Priest, Shadow priest, Warlock.

There's no Blood Magic, or Illusionist (I suppose mirror image might have a case for this), or time based magic, or necromancy.

If you want to brainstorm for a new caster based hero class, I am game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Caster types missing in WoW--

• Chronomancer
    • Necromancer (I suppose Demo locks might qualify? But Necromancers in Warcraft used to summon skeletons)
    • Illusionist
    Necromancer would fit DKs best imo.
    Illusionists could either be part of Mages' toolkit, but not on its own. Blink and Mirror Images belong to the Illusionism school of magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Warcraft universe doesn't have the concept of Blood Magic (i.e. Dragon Age style) or Death Magic (original Guild Wars style).

Warcraft focuses on elemental magic:
    Earth, Air, Nature - Shaman
    Fire, Water (frost), Arcane - Mage, Warlock (Destro - fel fire?)
    Arcane, Nature - Druid

And Light and Shadow Magic
    Priest, Shadow priest, Warlock.

There's no Blood Magic, or Illusionist (I suppose mirror image might have a case for this), or time based magic, or necromancy.
    In fact, there really is Blood Magic, but is paid very little attention and only belongs to a few NPCs in game. For example, the Blood Mages of Blasted Lands (those two Blood Elves and the Gnome), Defias Blood Mages or even the Zandalari who use Rage Zone (a Blood spell) in the Isle of Thunder.

What I dunno is what element does Blood Magic belong to according to Chronicle... Decay? Life?

Also, I do have a concept ready for a Blood Mage, the funny thing is it would fit best Warlocks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for the long time not updating this, but it is finally updated!

I added the talents so that you can have a complete look at how the spec would feel. I think the talents are pretty dope.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Deleted
    Screw time-spec mage.

I'd like to a see a mage dabble in the art of Fel magic.
    Added bonus that Warlocks would cry due to it being similar effects to their green fire

They better make fire and arcane viable instead of adding another broken spec...
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    Sorry for the long time not updating this, but it is finally updated!

I added the talents so that you can have a complete look at how the spec would feel. I think the talents are pretty dope.
    But it just comes back to the same problem, a fourth DPS spec for Mages isn't going to happen. They simply won't do it. Three is a balancing nightmare as it stands.

It's a cool concept and the work seems interesting but it just ain't going to happen.

Would love to see a battlemage, something that punsh people, but with magic.