Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    Hey. Just because you ask for 830/840+ dosen't mean you're bad, it's because people just want fast/smooth/easy runs that dosen't take longer than needed. There's no reason to invite lower as it just makes stuff take longer to kill or give unessecary ( can't spell that word) risks.
    So why do some people in /2 get so mad when you mention your ilvl requirements?
    "I want a fast / smooth / easy run" = "I want to be carried".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    And if Applicant 2 is a brain-dead, carried zombie you would kick him and start your search over.

I know it's a lot of "IF's", but nothing in this game is so cut & dry that you don't have these situations.
    I would and then I would pick the highest Ilvl again as it gives me the best chance to the stuff done easy and fast.
    There is No scenario I would pick the lower geared one with no information except for Ilvl and class at hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because if the game says I am able and ready to do something than I should have every right to do that thing. These made up, fake requirements people make up are ridiculous. People try to improve their characters by doing content like mythic dungeons but they can't because some elitist wants it done in 5 mins. Hell Legion isn't even a month old and I already ran into a guy who expected the whole group to know where to go and what to do in one of the dungeons I ran (not mythic btw was actually a normal dungeon). He was like "wow, yeah you definitely don't know what you are doing. You can definitely tell this is your first time in here". Like so what if it's mine or another person's first time in a dungeon that just came out like 16 days ago. Not too long ago it was your first time in there too and I bet you had no fucking clue what you were doing either.

It's funny because these are the same people who say "get better noob" but here they are preventing people from improving. Gotta love the WoW community. Such a warm and welcoming place to be.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-09-14 at 01:49 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Because if the game says I am able and ready to do something than I should have every right to do that thing. These made up, fake requirements people make up are ridiculous. People try to improve their characters by doing content like mythic dungeons but they can't because some elitist wants it done in 5 mins. Hell Legion isn't even a month old and I already ran into a guy who expected the whole group to know where to go and what to do in one of the dungeons I ran. He was like "wow, yeah you definitely don't know what you are doing. You can definitely tell this is your first time in here". Like so what if it's mine or another person's first time in a dungeon that just came out like 16 days ago. Not too long ago it was your first time in there too and I bet you had no fucking clue what you were doing either.

It's funny because these are the same people who say "get better noob" but here they are preventing people from improving. Gotta love the WoW community. Such a warm and welcoming place to be.
    How bout you press "Shift J" and read the stuff on your role?
    Thats all most of us do and it works just fine.

Because they are too lazy to form their own group or too lazy to work on their ilvl alone, so they use the elitist card to complain about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    I've done literally everything in my power over the last few weeks to get geared and i'm 846 including some ridiculous heroic farming, RNG is RNG =/ All this with a premade group for the most part, so instant queues.
    You are right about rng, I had my buddy as a plate wearer helping me out with gear he didn't need. So I guess that makes sense on the rng aspect. I just figured at least 840-850 is what I should of said, no excuse to not be 840 by the start of raids next week. Pretty sure 840 should do the trick for a normal clear - obviously heroic probably requires a higher ilvl+ a good group. Mythic+ is something different altogether, I would say 840 should be fine for +1, +2, but +3 and up requires a great group AND high gear IMO

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 840 and even I think it's ridiculous that there's high reqs. You want players to socialize and engage with the rest of the playerbase but you continually shut them out with your need to fast clear shit, you're possessing the same anti-social behavior that these players have that want automated group finder for Mythic Dungeons and then you wonder why they want it to be automated, because they hate putting up with your bullshit.

Hey. Just because you ask for 830/840+ dosen't mean you're bad, it's because people just want fast/smooth/easy runs that dosen't take longer than needed. There's no reason to invite lower as it just makes stuff take longer to kill or give unessecary ( can't spell that word) risks.
    I don't get mad. But I avoid groups like that because they're usually bad players that don't understand ilvl isn't everything.

Much prefer to make my own groups and set ilvl reqs at 818. I'm the tank so I know the runs will go smooth, never had a problem.

Considering we did mythics already at ilvl 800 I'd say requirements of 840+ are just stupid.

90% of the time I've seen the people asking for them not even meeting them themselves, much less a difference of 1-5 ilvls isn't going to change how smooth it runs, so no it's not about smooth it's about either getting carried or trying to act elite(when you aren't)

While it is annoying to queue for mythics as a healer dps tandem with 845+ item levels and being instantly declined, people can do whatever they want with their groups.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    How bout you press "Shift J" and read the stuff on your role?
    Thats all most of us do and it works just fine.
    In the 10 years I've been playing this game I've never heard of "Shift J". What does that even do? Bring up the dungeon journal? I don't need to read about my role for a normal dungeon run, nobody does. Whatever it is I never needed to read about my role. I learned by myself and that works just fine too.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    Because if the game says I am able and ready to do something than I should have every right to do that thing. These made up, fake requirements people make up are ridiculous. People try to improve their characters by doing content like mythic dungeons but they can't because some elitist wants it done in 5 mins. Hell Legion isn't even a month old and I already ran into a guy who expected the whole group to know where to go and what to do in one of the dungeons I ran. He was like "wow, yeah you definitely don't know what you are doing. You can definitely tell this is your first time in here". Like so what if it's mine or another person's first time in a dungeon that just came out like 16 days ago. Not too long ago it was your first time in there too and I bet you had no fucking clue what you were doing either.

These are not fake requirements, but the reqirements those groups set up. They do not prevent you from improving, they prevent their own groups from beeing abused for carrying someone through. You know - whoever has outgeared mythics right now my be one of the poeple who weren't carried at all, because there hasn't been anyone to carry them.
    Make a group yourself, set your own ilvl requirement. And stop whining around because you can't play with the big guys because you don't want to put as much effort in the game as they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Because they are too lazy to form their own group or too lazy to work on their ilvl alone, so they use the elitist card to complain about it.
    this.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    I'm 840 and even I think it's ridiculous that there's high reqs. You want players to socialize and engage with the rest of the playerbase but you continually shut them out with your need to fast clear shit, you're possessing the same anti-social behavior that these players have that want automated group finder for Mythic Dungeons and then you wonder why they want it to be automated, because they hate putting up with your bullshit.
    Then create the group with lower ilvl expectations and mention that it won't be a rush. If other people are like you, they will join.

I remember in late wrath I mained a BM hunter which was like the worst of the worst specs for raiding. Got kicked out of so many groups once they found out. But I never complained cuz it is what it is.

tl;dr people get butthurt too easily

Deleted
    In the 10 years I've been playing this game I've never heard of "Shift J". What does that even do? Bring up the dungeon journal? I don't need to read about my role for a normal dungeon run, nobody does. Whatever it is I never needed to read about my role. I learned by myself and that works just fine too.
    Then learn it by your self or with your friends and stop wiping in groups of random people you will never see again?
    The reason we make these requirements is because we don't want people like you in our groups, its that easy.
    We want quick, easy runs with like minded people and as far as I can tell you are not going to supply me with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelin View Post
    Nice logic there.
    What iilogical about it? It's not logic just when you like it, face reality.

Quote Originally Posted by PossibleBit View Post
    Hell yeah. I also assume an (at least indirect) link between amount of bad players to the inflated requirements. World of Warcraft might not be rocket science to play, but it does require practice. In addition rocky runs actually provide situations, where the more experienced players in the group get challenged, giving them a chance at improving their skills. Smooth runs offer little in regards to chances at improving yourself.

that said, it's not my intention to keep someone from spending up to one hour to get a perfect group together for a 15 minute run afterwards. I'd rather take 5 minutes picking up some random people for a 30-45 min run.
    Yeah, a smooth run is not helping the inexperienced and unskilled get any better.
    Levelling dungeons being overpowered by heirlooms and experienced players is helping nobody else but themselves.
    We learn from failure, where something went wrong.
    Not where it doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

And yet another reason why there is a shortage of tanks and healers that you'll complain about as a DPS. Did you ever think that some players don't yet have the gear/confidence to tank or heal? You're only hurting yourself by excluding a large portion of the playerbase.

I'm an 845 tank - I set the bar at 830 or lower and have taken 795-800s in to mythics. It's never been a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by One-Of-Many View Post
    These are not fake requirements, but the reqirements those groups set up. They do not prevent you from improving, they prevent their own groups from beeing abused for carrying someone through. You know - whoever has outgeared mythics right now my be one of the poeple who weren't carried at all, because there hasn't been anyone to carry them.
    Make a group yourself, set your own ilvl requirement. And stop whining around because you can't play with the big guys because you don't want to put as much effort in the game as they did.
    Well then tell me why in the "Suggested Content" tab the game suggests I run mythic dungeons? The game is literally telling me I am ready for mythic dungeons so I did in fact put in the work to play with the "big guys" but they won't let me in their group because I'm 10 Ilvls down from THEIR requirement. I say it's a fake requirement because it is not needed to run a mythic dungeon. People want higher ilvls because they want a nice smooth run that'll finish in like 5 mins. These are people who want to rush through the game as fast a possible which I would be totally fine with if more than half of the groups weren't all the same bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    We learn from failure, where something went wrong.
    Not where it doesn't.
    What a load of feel good nonsense. Everyone learns differently and I've never met anyone who hasn't learned from success.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.