Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    They can't meet the requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Most of the complainers are looking for an early carry, and they get upset that people who put more effort or got luckier in upgrades won't let them tag along.

Anyone who is 10-20 iLvls short of someone else's requirement can easily start their own Mythic 820+ group.
    The folks asking for high ilvls are the ones looking for a carry here, but go on.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't go mad over it, nor do I complain. I roll my eyes at the phenomenon however. And have been doing so since the days of GearScore.

ilvl is far from everything. The only thing it does is showing you that the player got that specific ilvl gear equipped. Nothing more, nothing less. Gear that could be all the wrong stats and that way severely gimp their dmg/DPS for that matter. High ilvl is as much of a lottery in player quality as low ilvl is... Inspecting to check talents and stats are way more "safer", but then that requires of the leader to know the stats and talent priority of every class and specc in game.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    Hey. Just because you ask for 830/840+ dosen't mean you're bad, it's because people just want fast/smooth/easy runs that dosen't take longer than needed. There's no reason to invite lower as it just makes stuff take longer to kill or give unessecary ( can't spell that word) risks.
    So why do some people in /2 get so mad when you mention your ilvl requirements?
    People complain about it because they feel entitled and want to join a power group without being able to deliver the power.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Mythic drops start at 840. If you are asking for 840 to do mythic then I guess people will go crazy. And that argument about smooth runs and no risks is bullshit really there is too many people in game atm who think they re gods of tanking or don't know how to CC or break CCs. Regardless of ilvl if you are breaking blinds and sheep you re not worth a spot anyway. And this is not shown by ilevel.
    Once we hit 830 ilevel we stopped cc'ing completely in Mythics. We will need it again in Mythic+? Probably. But ilevel will be even more strict when a keystone is on the line. 840 pretty much guarantees DPS will be doing over 200k sustained. If that's what they want for a smooth run then let them wait longer to start it.

In the meantime you'll be clearing through a Mythic while they wait to fill.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Everybody who is complaining are the ones who told people to "stop and smell the roses". They are very behind and they are paying for it. I rushed and unlocked everything. I have 846 and I get to start raids/mythic+ next week. Have fun getting declined for a group while I get to have fun killing things.
    Have fun being a virgin!

INFRACTION
    Last edited by Saracens; 2016-09-14 at 04:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    I guess that's fair. I just don't grab people randomly based off an arbitrary number like ilvl. I do my research/interview them/check logs before inviting anyone to a raid.
    If someone came up and asked for a raid spot that had 848 ilvl but not logs, vs someone with 830 ilvl with logs that show competence and understanding the ilvl 830 gets the invite, no questions asked.

A dungeon is different, but I already have a dungeon group I run with that I have for many years.
    I am only talking about Dungeons, I can handle some random person there.
    I would never in my life pug a raid, have a hard enough time with some guildies that seem to enjoy wiping the raid with stupid shit.

I don't understand why people get mad in the beginning of the expansion. Like, okay, if you're 830+ then you've spent some time in dungeons and heroics and gotten the swing of things, so inviting that person means you can reasonably expect they know what they're doing. If someone tries to get in with 805 or something, okay this person hasn't even crafted themselves an 815 set yet much less done any dungeons at max level; no reason to waste time carrying that scrub.

Later in the expansion I can understand the annoyance because maybe you're on your alt that is 10 ilvls below competitive but you know the fights and are good, but you can't catch an invite. I get that. But at the same time, you can form your own group or get a guild/friend group going. So, it's useless complaining really.

Same reason asking for 720+ for HFC heroic was ridiculous.

Deleted
    This is nothing. A few days ago, I met a group in GF, whose leader required a LEGENDARY item!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    Have fun being a virgin!
    Says the guy with 19 characters in his sig? Really?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pit3r000 View Post
    This is nothing. A few days ago, I met a group in GF, whose leader required a LEGENDARY item!
    Ill go ahead and call bullshit on this one as no one on this planet is that stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pit3r000 View Post
    As a tank, that's stupid. I have a legendary (two in point of fact) and it doesn't make too much of a difference.

As a dps, just the right legendary can make up 10% of your dps, I think it may be the same for healers.

IF you are scraping by current content, to the point that the 10% would have made you live, then you're a scrub anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Because finding yourself in the Premade version of "Need experience to get a job, need a job to get experience." isn't very enjoyable.
    This, and some people set the bar ridiculously high for barely any payoff. I'm not 840 yet on my main, but thankfully mostly run mythics with my guild, but in the case were I'm not around when they do, then I gotta pug.

Not having 845ilvl doesn't mean you're a noob.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    I don't understand why people get mad in the beginning of the expansion. Like, okay, if you're 830+ then you've spent some time in dungeons and heroics and gotten the swing of things, so inviting that person means you can reasonably expect they know what they're doing. If someone tries to get in with 805 or something, okay this person hasn't even crafted themselves an 815 set yet much less done any dungeons at max level; no reason to waste time carrying that scrub.

Later in the expansion I can understand the annoyance because maybe you're on your alt that is 10 ilvls below competitive but you know the fights and are good, but you can't catch an invite. I get that. But at the same time, you can form your own group or get a guild/friend group going. So, it's useless complaining really.
    The difference between 805 and 830 is quite Dramatic, you strike me as somebody who wouldn't take somebody who is 820. Which at the end of the day is your choice.

Personally, I take that guy. I like to talk at least 1 lower than normally accepted guy into mythics. So long as I know it won't really effect the outcome. In a weeks or two's time, this is just another player who might be geared now that will queue for my groups. Benefits the entire community. If you just stick with the top X% of people then you're limiting your options in the future. At least that's how I like to look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Great, can you show me how I can make sure the 797 Ilvl people I accept into my groups are exactly the same as you and not a bunch of mouth breathers before I actually accept them into the group?
    There's reasonable argument, and there's being retarded. Having an ilvl slightly lower than the gear dropped in the instances you want to run is fine, and arguably what is most beneficial. Like 835 is fine for mythics, as then you'd have to have done the heroics to gear up, maybe some generous world quests.

Nobody's telling you to invite people who dinged 110 2 seconds ago and expect them to do well, because their gear doesn't allow it, regardless of their skill. :I

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    This, and some people set the bar ridiculously high for barely any payoff. I'm not 840 yet on my main, but thankfully mostly run mythics with my guild, but in the case were I'm not around when they do, then I gotta pug.

And having 845ilvl doesn't mean your shit.
    So you're point?

Id rather have a good person with 845+ then a good person with 830.

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    Hey. Just because you ask for 830/840+ dosen't mean you're bad, it's because people just want fast/smooth/easy runs that dosen't take longer than needed. There's no reason to invite lower as it just makes stuff take longer to kill or give unessecary ( can't spell that word) risks.
    So why do some people in /2 get so mad when you mention your ilvl requirements?
    The thing is, higher item level doesn't necessarily mean a better player. You can be lucky with drops, you can have your guild carry you, you can have a lot of gold invested in the auction house and in crafted items... Your abilities might hit/heal a lot harder, but if you don't know how to use them then that's not going to help with anything. There's just no way of ensuring you are getting good players and a smooth run. It's a PuG, you have to accept that you can't know the outcome in advance. If you want more control and a smooth run, do a guild run.

Besides, it's purely anecdotal, but from personal experience the groups that ask for a very high item level usually are lead by someone with a very low item level looking to be carried. Or the group fails miserably because they overestimate themselves and throw the blame around until everyone leaves angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post

The group finder is, inadvertently, one of the strongest arguments for joining a guild. Get in an active group, and never have to deal with pug shitheads again.

I'm 844 right now, I won't apply to join any group asking for 840, or any group that has a note "don't be bad" or similar. All I see when I see those requirements is that the person who posted them is either terrible themselves, or a huge douche.

These entry level Mythics are easy and as long as people can follow mechanics, everything is fine. Had a monk in BRH last night pulling 79k lol. Obviously bad dps, but meh, who cares, still easy clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Yes I am aware I can form my own groups. This forum reminds me everyday. The thing is though why spend 20+ minutes forming a group when I could join a group that's 3/5 or 4/5 and get a group in less than a minute? This is why some people prefer just joining groups because they're already made and they could start running the dungeon/raid without wasting so much time standing around. I mean I would imagine by the time you get to mythic dungeon status you're tired of waiting around for your random queue to pop up so naturally people would want to just hop right in a group and get started.

I understand and I'm totally fine with people making up their own requirements if they are a higher ilvl than what mythic dungeons require and are just on the farming stage, the options are there for a reason but for people who just got there and want to further their character they can't because every group wants super high ilvl players or someone will be like 1 ilvl away from their requirement and they still get declined. Like I said this wouldn't be a problem if 95% of the listed groups weren't like this.
    You don't want to waste time starting a group, we don't want to waste time in the dungeon when you're pulling 70k AoE DPS. Instead of spouting hypocritical nonsense maybe you should take your own advice and be as patient as you're suggesting group leaders should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    If everyone just made their own groups there wouldn't be anyone to join them. This "make your own group" argument isn't the final answer to everything. It's a solution but not the only solution. People make it the only solution because they have nothing else to add to the argument. It's either "just make your own groups lol" or "you're useless and lazy and a bad player". Which is pretty much the WoW community in a nutshell.
    Actually, if everyone did that there would be plenty of low ilevel groups for you to join. Are you really surprised that you can't instantly get into a group as a crappy, undergeared, dime-a-dozen DPS?