Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusque View Post
    I'm 844 right now, I won't apply to join any group asking for 840, or any group that has a note "don't be bad" or similar. All I see when I see those requirements is that the person who posted them is either terrible themselves, or a huge douche.

These entry level Mythics are easy and as long as people can follow mechanics, everything is fine. Had a monk in BRH last night pulling 79k lol. Obviously bad dps, but meh, who cares, still easy clear.
    Right? I've been dedicated and lucky and have 850 ilvl atm my partner heals, she's ~844. We take our friends into mythics so they can skip heroics, all of them around 815. Just a few days ago we did N.Lair with 2 dps doing less than 100k, the other was pulling a bit better(~130 single target) by virtue of being a hunter and I suspect he knows his rotation better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    There's reasonable argument, and there's being retarded. Having an ilvl slightly lower than the gear dropped in the instances you want to run is fine, and arguably what is most beneficial. Like 835 is fine for mythics, as then you'd have to have done the heroics to gear up, maybe some generous world quests.

Nobody's telling you to invite people who dinged 110 2 seconds ago and expect them to do well, because their gear doesn't allow it, regardless of their skill. :I
    I asking for 840 in my groups at the moment.
    I want people alraedy geared that are looking for warforged/socketed/titanforged items.
    I have no need for people that need to gear up, what I want is 20/30 min runs tops looking for the few small upgrades I can get.

So no its not retarded, its what I feel is optimal for what I plan to do with my group.

Most of the time when people ask for higher ilvl, they are horrible players. Like, 99% of the time.
    They are just baddies wanting to get carried by better players. But it's their right to ask for it, so I guess complaining about them being bad is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    I hear it all the time because they would rather end an argument with a cop-out statement than try to actually discuss it further, but instead choose to brush it off. Quite pitiful.
    Looks like you're the one who doesn't want to discuss it further. Creating your own group is easy but you don't want to do it. Would be happy to hear your argument about what prevents you from doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitetroll View Post
    Just because you don't have 830/840+ ilvl doesn't mean you can't pull your own weight in a dungeon. As always skills to play your class means far more than the ilvl itself.
    This argument is pretty tired to be honest. Two similarly skilled players, the one with the higher item level will outperform the one with the lower. It also assumes that the individual saying it is in fact skilled, when actually they only think they are skilled as they have no evidence to prove the statement. Getting geared hasn't been even remotely difficult since WotLK, so someone can be the Skeelz-King in the game, but if they're too lazy to soak up the free gear, then chances are they're too lazy to avoid ground effects.

Part of the issue I rarely see mentioned is that at a certain point most people are fairly geared and all the groups and people you find require high ILVL. Making people wanting to gear have a really hard time finding groups or other people to gear up with.

The kind of people likely to start groups are also the kind of people who tend to rush to max level and gear up quickly. The more casual and shy people arrive to max level once its too late to join groups.

Because I want it. And gosh darn it, I want it now!

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    Most of the time when people ask for higher ilvl, they are horrible players. Like, 99% of the time.
    They are just baddies wanting to get carried by better players. But it's their right to ask for it, so I guess complaining about them being bad is useless.
    From my perspective, and from the latest and greatest TWO WEEKS since the expansions been out - 99% of the time, getting 840+ ilvl typically shows that the person has played a bit in the last two weeks, and somewhat knows their shit. Why would I take some rando with iLvl 800 when I have tons queuing up with 840+ that have cleared all of the mythics I am running multiple times.. Do I bank on the fact they are bad like me? No, I bank on the fact that the fuckhead with 800 ilvl hasn't cleared jack shit, and I'm taking the people who've proven they can clear dungeons multiple times. Sorry but saying people with high ilvl suck is like saying people with tons of money are broke. It doesn't add up m8

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    And having 845ilvl doesn't mean your shit.
    So you're point?

Id rather have a good person with 845+ then a good person with 830.
    You...you reversed the use of your and you're...what.

Anyway. Having a high itemlevel might as well mean you got carried and still suck skillwise, you just have armor padding it instead. This has been the case for ages.
    Sure, it's not often the case...yet. Itemlevel only increases your max potential...it doesn't mean you can perform it.

Basically those people asking for 840+ for the dungeons which are there to get you that item level in the first place (lol) are obviously just bad players which need carrying. Then they try to justify it by saying "I just want a fast smooth run!"

Imagine a job advert:

This is a perfect first job for young people to get you into the working world!
    ...but please only apply if you have 6+ years experience

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    I'm seeing a lot of posts about people doing more dps at 820 than 840. This makes sense; many players would rather see their ilvl go up, than to gear properly. Especially with the high requirements, many of the DPS will stay in that terrible 840 gear just to be allowed in, and then do terribad dps.

Asking for 835+ is far more reasonable than asking for an item level equal to or above what mythic dungeons offer.
    If you're doing more DPS @820 than 840 you're doing something wrong. A 20ilvl jump in not so ideal stats is going to do more DPS in almost all cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Deleted
    LFM VoA 6000 GS+ or no inv

basically for reasons like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockmahparty View Post
    But that is exactly what is wrong with the 823 dps asking for 840+ tank / healer. Do get carried and learn nothing because the next run will be the same way except the 823 dps becomes even more elitist when his ilvl rises due to gained loot during these runs.

On the bright side, they usualy don't lear from failure either. (screw the dps that stay in the cleave damage from trash packs -_-)
    People either learn the fights or they don't. Their ilvl plays little to no part in it. That's why there are many undergeared players doing better than geared and vice versa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by scrangos View Post
    Part of the issue I rarely see mentioned is that at a certain point most people are fairly geared and all the groups and people you find require high ILVL. Making people wanting to gear have a really hard time finding groups or other people to gear up with.

The kind of people likely to start groups are also the kind of people who tend to rush to max level and gear up quickly. The more casual and shy people arrive to max level once its too late to join groups.
    I believe this is part of the problem. Now that I have my main geared, I'm going to start on alts. Right now, most of the guild runs are focused on mains to get them ready for raids, so that means pugging on the alts, which makes it slower when you need to be 840. Really hate seeing 1-3 groups with 3-4 people and ready to summon and instead have to start from scratch and make a group, because I'm not at 840

But it is like selling things on the AH, I'm selling this white item for 500,000 gold. No need to whisper me that the price is retarded, but I'm not aiming that item at you, It's there for 500K for the person who's willing to pay 500K. Groups that require 845+ aren't aiming at me, and while it sucks, I understand it's their group.

Personally, I recognize everyone's right to request whatever they want for their groups. If you wanna require 840+, that's your choice.

What grinds my gears, and what makes me angry, is when some douche posts a run with a requirement of 830+ in the title and the requirements, but then refuses to take anyone lower than 840. I can't count the number of times I've applied to an 830 or 835 group on my 838 main and been instantly declined. When I do run, I consistently pull top numbers on bosses (lower on trash due to cripple moonkin AoE ramp up but still in the 150k+ range if it lives for more than 3 seconds). Yet I am declined instantly from groups asking for less than my current ilvl, so I resort to making my own.

Makes the prospects for mythic+ look pretty grim, and I think that's a legit reason to be irritated with group finder and the people in it.

Gear is good.

But coordinated patient players are better.

There is no dungeon or raid you can't overcome with CC, Interupts, and focused DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    Funny thing is, iLvl doesn't always mean skill or good people. For instance I have a friend who is 10 ilvl under the "required" ilvl of most groups. His DPS is always vastly better than some others I know sitting pretty at ~840. I know its a safety net but it's arbitrary and just causes problems for decent people who shouldn't be labeled by a worthless number.
    While I have been in the same boat out dpsing everyone I have done dungeons with even despite an ilvl advantage I don't give people the benefit of the doubt. For everyone one good person who can do that there is a bunch who can't, so why take a risk? Ultimately if you have no idea about two players and one is 840 and the other is 830 logically I am taking the 840.

7+ Year Old Account
    Requiring gear levels equal to or higher than what the dungeon actually gives as a baseline has always been retarded, starting with gearscore.

These pictures are the reason why i ask for high ilvl for mythics.. http://imgur.com/a/Ihd6H

Just came back from doing a heroic Lair and these are the dps meters for the 2 last bosses http://imgur.com/a/Ihd6H (I'm the purple DH) The Warrior (Brown) was the tank, People in low ilvl have abyssmal DPS compared to me, and i don't want to "Boost" them. I want everyone to pull their own weight, not 1 person doing the majority of the dmg.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my experience the only time I see people truly rage about it is when you ask for an ilvl that is way above the intended one. Sometimes people want to do the content so they can get better gear. Asking for a ilvl like 50 points above the intended can be a bit grating for people.

That said I have never really cared because at the end of the day it literally doesn't matter.