Page 19 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirty999 View Post
    They buffed the darkmoon trinket and now it gives double armor than before (min 580, max 1740), do you think it's BiS now? I'm currently at 4369 armor (847 ilvl) and Physical Damage Reduction: 37.15%, I'd like to know how much more reduction 580-1740 armor would give. Does anyone know?
    If you figure it gives on average 1160 armor that would increase your damage reduction from 37.1% to 42.8%

Quote Originally Posted by mrpeoplemonster View Post
    Sorry, I have only played vengeance spec since it was released, and so haven't looked at the gear for other specs. I did not realize that they took away main spec stats on rings and neck. I thought it was just rolling stam because of my spec. Thank you for the info. And no need to be a dick.
    I mean ya I shouldn't have typed it that way, but something that was explained and announced to be working that way since alpha of Legion was kinda just really annoying to see.

Item - Demon Hunter T19 Vengeance 2P Bonus Soul Cleave costs 10 less Pain. refunds 5 Pain.
    2pc changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Delimit View Post
    2pc changes.
    I don't wanna have this debate again. It's all pointless since we won't see the set for 4 months anyway. So a lot will change.

It's still interesting to see their iterations on it. Let's us peek at their thoughts a bit.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

Simple. Instead of reducing cost on a variable ability, it requires you too have the already minimum cost for it. Then gives you back part of that cost. Simple and requires less code and time than setting in new variables.

Quote Originally Posted by Munkky View Post
    I don't wanna have this debate again. It's all pointless since we won't see the set for 4 months anyway. So a lot will change.
    No debate, it's a direct paste of the 7.1 notes.

It does seem that they're trying to stick with the theme rather than trash it altogether.

"we’re planning on deploying hotfixes that reduce tank damage output across the board (tanks should be very sturdy and effective at killing things, but too often their damage output rivals that of pure damage dealers)"

Snif :-( Hope we are not hit too much, don't know the other tanks (DK, Druid, War) but apart from our AOE burst I don't think we have a high ST dps.

Yea this sucks...as I'm in the process of leveing a DH tank, lol. Classic.

How to callculate total damage reduction?
    do i take my base damage 37.08% + 44% (from Demon Spikes) = 81.08% total

in that case our best stat will be Mastery and haste up to 50% so we can have max uptime for DS

and Mastery will have cap also ))

thanks

It's not additive. Each source takes from the remainder. So in your case: (1-.3708)(1-.44)=.6292*.56=.352352 ; You would take about 35% of the original damage, or 65% mitigated.

Now Mastery and Haste are still *really good*, but they don't help against Magic Damage, which is the main source of tank killing damage in the current tiers. That is why Vers is rated higher, it's the only stat we have that does anything against magic damage. We have good tools against physical, so we are less inclined to gear for it, if that makes sense.
    Last edited by Orloth; 2016-09-16 at 07:38 AM.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

As far as I understand our main strength in mythic+ high levels over some other tanks comes from the fact that we might take more damage and require more assistance from teammates, but we dish out damage to make it worth it and even out.

So I'm a bit scared what this means for us if blizzard were to nerf our damage too much, as well as damage = survival

Quote Originally Posted by lovingbenji View Post
    "we’re planning on deploying hotfixes that reduce tank damage output across the board (tanks should be very sturdy and effective at killing things, but too often their damage output rivals that of pure damage dealers)"

Snif :-( Hope we are not hit too much, don't know the other tanks (DK, Druid, War) but apart from our AOE burst I don't think we have a high ST dps.
    Yeah I hope they're thinking something along the lines of 5%, not 20%. Not only would it mean WQs being a chore, but the implications of self-sustain would be horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Orloth View Post
    It's not additive. Each source takes from the remainder. So in your case: (1-.3708)(1-.44)=.6292*.56=.352352 ; You would take about 35% of the original damage, or 65% mitigated.

Now Mastery and Haste are still *really good*, but they don't help against Magic Damage, which is the main source of tank killing damage in the current tiers. That is why Vers is rated higher, it's the only stat we have that does anything against magic damage. We have good tools against physical, so we are less inclined to gear for it, if that makes sense.
    This guy gets it..i plan on for mythic+ and raiding trying to get to vers>haste>=mastery>crit i honestly dont see how anyone will put haste and mastery over vers. magic is going to kill you that way .

- - - Updated - - -

and lets be honest unless you are in a top raiding guild going vers>haste>=mastery or going haste>vers>=mastery probly wont make that big of a difference in normal raids maybe even heroics with 90% of the populus is going to be just doing normal and maybe pop heroics and maybe a slim chance at mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by sosleapy View Post
    This guy gets it..i plan on for mythic+ and raiding trying to get to vers>haste>=mastery>crit i honestly dont see how anyone will put haste and mastery over vers. magic is going to kill you that way .

- - - Updated - - -

and lets be honest unless you are in a top raiding guild going vers>haste>=mastery or going haste>vers>=mastery probly wont make that big of a difference in normal raids maybe even heroics with 90% of the populus is going to be just doing normal and maybe pop heroics and maybe a slim chance at mythic.
    The gear for mythic+ is not the same than for mythic raiding anyway. I can understand why going survival matter for raiding mythic, i can't really understand why you would go for it for m+. A decently geared Mast/Crit will have a better DPS (it matter a lot in M+), bigger HPS (quite good vs magic) and now issue concerning damage. Except big pack like some in hall of valor, i can self heal nearly every mythic pack at 850 ilevel and self healed maybe half the mythic's boss..

i tryed both by crafter 2 full set versability/Haste and Mastery/Crit 850 before the leather working nerf. Well the second one is just much more efficient for mythic dungeon.
    Last edited by ethanfel; 2016-09-16 at 04:50 PM.

Deleted
    Any thoughts on Emerald Nightmare trinkets? I was thinking Goblet of Nightmarish Ichor and Grotesque Statuette, at least if the proc rate of it is decent, otherwise Phantasmal Echo.
    I'm not sure about that 900k absorb on a 2min CD from Phantasmal Echo that you can't even control. The haste is nice, but worth it if the proc is "useless"?

Ideally what ilvl for tanking/dpsing mythics? I'm 821 in Havoc and 820 in Vengeance but only have like 2.2m hp in dungeons as veng...

Quote Originally Posted by Vitari View Post
    Any thoughts on Emerald Nightmare trinkets? I was thinking Goblet of Nightmarish Ichor and Grotesque Statuette, at least if the proc rate of it is decent, otherwise Phantasmal Echo.
    I'm not sure about that 900k absorb on a 2min CD from Phantasmal Echo that you can't even control. The haste is nice, but worth it if the proc is "useless"?
    I'll put out a bis list this weekend, to include trinkets. Goblet is the only one in nightmare i consider worth getting. M+ will give the best trinkets.

Munkky can you please update your bis list to inlude Crit / Mastery gear and trinkets for mythic + sets as well

Quote Originally Posted by Flaryon View Post
    Munkky can you please update your bis list to inlude Crit / Mastery gear and trinkets for mythic + sets as well
    Trinkets are fine. The 2 sets are there. No point in making a m+ list at this point since it will be out next week.