Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Anyone know where the beacon of hope is after completing the 25 solves? Can't find it or the quest in databases so that doesn't provide any hints.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

I just found the Temple of a Thousand Lights digsite.

It's in a densely-populated portion of the temple (up the road behind Shackle's Den). FULL of elites, all close together. I ran to the cliff, hopped off, and popped my glider. No treasure is worth that much pain...

Edit: You get to the temple, turn right, take the road up to above the temple, and I THINK that's where the digsites are.

Like I said, I didn't stick around long enough to find out.

THIS is why I generally don't do archaeology until I have flying. Seriously, Blizzard? SERIOUSLY?!?!
    Last edited by PragmaticGamer; 2016-09-14 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Anyone know where the beacon of hope is after completing the 25 solves? Can't find it or the quest in databases so that doesn't provide any hints.
    The same guy you turn the 25 solves into. He gives another quest to dig in a quest only digsite to then dig up the quest item then you get the Starlight Beacon.

Well, this quest will take some time.. This skin is becoming rather the hassle to obtain!
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Wow...now I am totally not looking forward to this. Already neglected Archy in MoP and WoD. Last time I enjoyed it was Cataclysm. I mean, long quests and guranteed rares eventually sound fine. I don't even have a problem with more fragments per solve. But not in this day and age of obstructive terrain and dense, scaled mob populations.
    One of the digsites I had was even full of 110 elites.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Okay so by doing Stormheim quest I did 9 projects, are you telling me that I need to do 25 projects this time ? Is this for real ?

Deleted
    For what it's worth, the moose mount quest was up for the very first week in EU at legion launch, so the fast ones to level cap had maybe a day to get it done before it switched over to stormheim. If the biweekly quest rotates to a specific quest after the previous one, then it'll be a while before EU gets the moose again, but if it's random which quest is handed out every two weeks then it could be a short while, or a long while.

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    For what it's worth, the moose mount quest was up for the very first week in EU at legion launch, so the fast ones to level cap had maybe a day to get it done before it switched over to stormheim. If the biweekly quest rotates to a specific quest after the previous one, then it'll be a while before EU gets the moose again, but if it's random which quest is handed out every two weeks then it could be a short while, or a long while.
    Yeah, I didn't do it when I dinged 110 and now I regret it, didn't know it was the mount.

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel like the extra fragments needed are offset slightly by the fact that you can just keep going with the same race in the same zone now. You're guaranteed to atleast be able to farm continually.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    That's because the archaeology-quest for these two weeks is in Stormheim, when it rotates out the digsites shift to another zone.

It's not so much being in one zone that makes Legion digsites annoying, it's that they can spawn in PvP-areas (even on PvE servers), and i have progress in one digsite completely blocked because the next fragment find is under the feet of a 9M hp elite giant, a stationary one, not a patrolling one, so i would need to form a group to be able to do one archaeology-fragment dig...
    Unless you're at risk of being one shorted, surveying will not be interrupted unless cc/stun/knockbacks. Regular attacks won't interrupt you. Looting a dig can be slowed by attacks, but won't stop you. Using the archy enchant on gloves, surveying between spots take < 1s.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    I just found the Temple of a Thousand Lights digsite.

It's in a densely-populated portion of the temple (up the road behind Shackle's Den). FULL of elites, all close together. I ran to the cliff, hopped off, and popped my glider. No treasure is worth that much pain...

Edit: You get to the temple, turn right, take the road up to above the temple, and I THINK that's where the digsites are.

Like I said, I didn't stick around long enough to find out.

THIS is why I generally don't do archaeology until I have flying. Seriously, Blizzard? SERIOUSLY?!?!
    Wasn't a problem for me as a tank. Also, I might be wrong, but blacksmith from steel stirrups may allow you to survey while mounted. I haven't tried them yet myself, am at work.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Which is made worse (if that is even possible) by the fact that people claim once you hit 110, mobs scale up to a point were killing goes slowly because you don't have the gear. Oh well...we'll see.
    Oh just get gear, I am killing mobs in a global or two (depending on proc luck) with my 846ilvl gear. And the elites is more a hassle than a problem, as I can kill them as well, but takes time, which is something I don't want to spend too off on this stupid quest.

Decided to go for 5 Projects each day, as I do have 2 weeks anyways. So no need to rush it really.

Deleted
    I tend to agree with the OP. I guess, I will try to get the moose mount, but afterwards, I'm done with Legion archaeology and will return to Pandaria for farming crates that I can exchange for Tol'vir fragments. This blue drone mount just won't appear for me...

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Okay so by doing Stormheim quest I did 9 projects, are you telling me that I need to do 25 projects this time ? Is this for real ?
    Yes it is real. Stormheim projects cost 70-120 fragments. Aszuna projects - 35-50 fragments. So for the same amount of time you will get 18-22 azsuna projects.
    BTW some archelogy quest projects give 200+ obliterium aka 8k gold on my server.
    Last edited by lukoil; 2016-09-14 at 01:56 PM.

Deleted
    As someone else pointed out, way I'm doing this fortnights quest, is to do five solves a day, will still have plenty of time to do it.
    Just wish they had looked more carefully where dig sites spawn, last week was horrendous having three up in stormheim in free for all pvp areas

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    Yes, in two of the dig sites, ended up forming a group to take those camping people down
    And no, it's not a complaint, more of a hinderance that would be more suited to a server that people actually select to pvp
    I HULK COLOSSAL SMASH THEM!

On serious note, when it is around a PVP zone I would dig there if there is no horde or one horde (usually I kill them - My territory!). If there is more than one horde I just come back later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    I HULK COLOSSAL SMASH THEM!

On serious note, when it is around a PVP zone I would dig there if there is no horde or one horde (usually I kill them - My territory!). If there is more than one horde I just come back later.
    I got away with it in the constant pvp area at the top of the Map, not so much in the world quest pvp sites, that was just messy lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Not too happy with the Aszuna quest. The grey items I'm solving cost as much as 120 fragments each. Seven completed digsites, four solved artifacts. And it's slow as heck because I'm having to kill piles of crap while surveying.

I like a couple of the changes, like the buff when you're near the buried item... but honest to goodness it takes too damn long.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lukoil View Post
    Yes it is real. Stormheim projects cost 70-120 fragments. Aszuna projects - 35-50 fragments. So for the same amount of time you will get 18-22 azsuna projects.
    BTW some archelogy quest projects give 200+ obliterium aka 8k gold on my server.
    I think your counts are off... this morning alone I have solved a 100 fragment Aszuna project (a common, stiletto I think it was) and right now have queued a 120 fragment item, a tapestry.

The 25 projects was hell, but at least the beacon reward will be fun to exploit with its limitless range bug until they hotfix it.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen View Post
    Wasn't a problem for me as a tank. Also, I might be wrong, but blacksmith from steel stirrups may allow you to survey while mounted. I haven't tried them yet myself, am at work.
    Blood DK is my main, mostly for solo questing.

I wasn't worried about being dismounted/stunned (can't recall it happening, apparently it's a tank thing), but trying to navigate around an archaeology digsite within aggro distance of several elites at any particular time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    What's up with archaeology quest this week? I was sent to Bronzbeard in Stormheim, turned in quest and got no follow up.
    I got 25 solves in Azuna. Which with some of them costing well over 100 its taking me 1-3 digsites per solve depending on how many shards i get :/