Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Now I have a dilemma. Over last few days I managed to acquire Oakheart's Gnarled Root ilvl 845, Naraxas' Spiked Tongue ilvl 840 and Devilsaur Shock-Baton ilvl 835.

Which one of these would you use. I'm currently 845 with 52% crit (cca)?

I've tried using them in hc and mythic dungeons and feel that 10ilvl levels between DSB and OGR is just too much. NST seems to be very strong and doing most damage comparing to others.
    Last edited by zeNNoN; 2016-09-12 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deau View Post
    The issue with simulating only the 840 DMF (and alch) is that the average user of the list will miss-use it.

Effinhunter on AJ for WoD at least (I stopped keeeping up with hunter TC after blizz wrecked MM and BM) used to simply include trinket ilvl versions as part of the sim name and run multiple when justified.

I think such a list that is being thrown around justifies something like this.

I.e. have a DMF_840 and DMF_850 within the same list.

This is my opinion and I'm not putting any of the work in making the list. I've just learned over the years to avoid ambiguity when possible because the users benefiting the most from this are those that often dont self sim / dont read or understand the explanations attached to a list, be it out of shear laziness or mathematical knowledge gap.
    I did this for Raid trinkets in the past (denoting N/H/M base ilvl), but I didn't for pre-raid because of how variable trinkets are now with the new WF/TF system. Having every ilvl of trinket quickly makes any list very hard to parse through, and makes combination sims quickly enter the realms of insanity in terms of the potential combinations.

So are regular old Int/Crit trinkets behind all the proc ones?

I got hc 825 version of oakheart yesterday and it's op :P, regularly from 6 to 8/9% dmg on bosses, going for mythic version now
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    Looking at the latest posts, Devilsaur is BiS from 830 up. Chrono Shard is slightly better than Eye, so use Devilsaur + Chrono Shard.
    i drop a good 3% crit wen substituting chrono for eye i dont get why is slightly better is the 5k haste add a lil more then 3% crit?

Quote Originally Posted by Dulahey View Post
    I too am wondering this
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

Quote Originally Posted by zeNNoN View Post
    Now I have a dilemma. Over last few days I managed to acquire Oakheart's Gnarled Root ilvl 845, Naraxas' Spiked Tongue ilvl 840 and Devilsaur Shock-Baton ilvl 835.

Which one of these would you use. I'm currently 845 with 52% crit (cca)?

I've tried using them in hc and mythic dungeons and feel that 10ilvl levels between DSB and OGR is just too much. NST seems to be very strong and doing most damage comparing to others.
    Do a few fights with each of them equipped and compare % dmg. All going to depend on ICD.

- - - Updated - - -

For the most part I believe so. These proc dmg trinkets do a solid 10-20% of our dmg per encounter. Stat trinkets might be better for AoE.

Deleted
    Just simmed my character, I have 2 int/crit stat sticks (850/845) and a 835 Baton. The Shock Baton sims roughly 2000 dps higher than the 845 stat stick. I'm going for reliable crit over RNG for such a minor dps increase. A 840 might already prove more worthy.

Deleted
    I realize this thread is mostly about PvE but I just want to point out that for the people doing both PvE and PvP, you should keep at least two stat trinkets around for PvP. The trinket procs are disabled in PvP.

Deleted
    Why is Eyasu's mulligan not
    Mentioned in this thread at all? With the versatility proc, at 58% crit and 845 ilvl my pulls are edging on 1 mill with bloodlust at top end,

Deleted
    shock baton with spiked tongue seems pretty good atm. together they do like 20%+ dmg sometimes. but all fights are very short atm. (pve)
    here is an updated trinket list - i.imgur.com/W0Utff1.png - by frosted (ilvl 840 sim)
    Last edited by mmoc85b0c4e870; 2016-09-14 at 08:11 AM.

Deleted
    My current sims are simming the Shock Baton only slightly higher than my crit sticks, so theoretically yes, but the difference is not as big as some people make it seem. I would like to have some of the other proc trinkets drop so I can try those out too...
    *I'm on 848/849 ilevel

It seems like Caged Horror can sometimes seem to be better damage than some of the other trinkets like Oakhearts if you get really lucky on the procs. Mainly because some of the boss fights in 5 mans are so short. I've also seen it proc multiple times in a 10-20 second window. Im not sure if it was lag induced or if its internal cooldown is buggy.
    Devilsaurs is great tho. I've seen it do nearly 10% of my damage. Just wish I had a 840 version.

IIRC Caged Horror is indeed better for AoE. For ST, it's Baton + Tongue though.

Also, "getting lucky" isn't really an argument, because for every time you get lucky there is another time you get unlucky, too. Average is all that realistically matters when making a decision here.

Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    Quest reward, which I probably already DE'ed. >.<

I just DE'd the 830 in favor of an 850 and now I'm concerned.

Deleted
    I just found out where to get Devilsaur Shock-Baton yesterday. And when I got to do the world quest there was 68 gold reward. I was like What?!

Is anyone else having the same issue? The world quest http://www.wowhead.com/quest=43583/life-finds-a-way should be still up for few hours in both us and eu.
    Last edited by mmoc84af5ad5d2; 2016-09-14 at 04:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i just finally simmed my character with my 835 devilsaur and 845 eye of skovald and was only ahead by 100ish dps over 845 chrono shard and 835 devilsaur beyond those 2 sims i did another one with the devilsaur and 850 corrupted starlight which i managed to get mythic warforged from the wq but simmed 2.7k lower then the first sim so for me they are all pretty close. when i simed i hadn't changed any of the options or anything and was completely set to default. is there options to make it just for dungeons or am i just dreaming?
    Last edited by Dragzy; 2016-09-14 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by koaxialus View Post
    I just found out where to get Devilsaur Shock-Baton yesterday. And when I got to do the world quest there was 68 gold reward. I was like What?!

Is anyone else having the same issue? The world quest http://www.wowhead.com/quest=43583/life-finds-a-way should be still up for few hours in both us and eu.
    It's not an "issue." Quest rewards are randomly chosen from all the possible ones for that quest. IIRC, the Devilsaur WQ can reward either gold, AP, or the trinket. You'll just have to wait until the WQ is available again to see if it has the trinket.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toas View Post
    It's not an "issue." Quest rewards are randomly chosen from all the possible ones for that quest. IIRC, the Devilsaur WQ can reward either gold, AP, or the trinket. You'll just have to wait until the WQ is available again to see if it has the trinket.
    I am just angry at myself, because I missed it. I have literally done everything besides this t-rex quest line in suramar like week ago. When I saw it was wq drop, I just assumed I would get it eventually from "some" wq, didn't know it had to be this specific one, which I happened to miss somewhere in middle of q line in pool in suramar. Now when I've finally done it, all I get is 68 gold... Better luck next time I guess. Should be around every three days.

I just had multiple people reporting to me after I investigated, that they've got trinket drop every time, and now they are running around with titanforged version...
    Last edited by mmoc84af5ad5d2; 2016-09-14 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by koaxialus View Post
    I am just angry at myself, because I missed it. I have literally done everything besides this t-rex quest line in suramar like week ago. When I saw it was wq drop, I just assumed I would get it eventually from "some" wq, didn't know it had to be this specific one, which I happened to miss somewhere in middle of q line in pool in suramar. Now when I've finally done it, all I get is 68 gold... Better luck next time I guess. Should be around every three days.

I just had multiple people reporting to me after I investigated, that they've got trinket drop every time, and now they are running around with titanforged version...
    I have done the quest in the Menganerie and killed ppl with the T-Rex but i cant get it as a WQ althrough WoWHead says it is up. What to do ? :S Got my 850 Hellfire deck and now i need the Baton !