Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    The Gear that drops can go up to over 850, Many people running it might not even have full 840 gear/relics. 840 is not "Considerably alot higher" When we start getting the 850+ or 860+ then i can agree to that one.
    I dont mean with the current content right now. I mean in general. Like doing a HFC Normal Mode. Dropped like ~790 gear and the ilvl requirement would be like 820+ At that point Heroic HFC was a better option.

But the thing is that while gear can drop to 850, it is complete RNG and the base is 820 Heroic. Your asking for people to have amazing RNG to be able to access higher levels of content. 820 is acceptable for Mythics, but when your asking for 840+ ilvl for 840 ilvl gear for content that can be easily done at 820 ilvl it is a bit much.

Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    I dont mean with the current content right now. I mean in general. Like doing a HFC Normal Mode. Dropped like ~790 gear and the ilvl requirement would be like 820+ At that point Heroic HFC was a better option.

But the thing is that while gear can drop to 850, it is complete RNG and the base is 820 Heroic. Your asking for people to have amazing RNG to be able to access higher levels of content. 820 is acceptable for Mythics, but when your asking for 840+ ilvl for 840 ilvl gear for content that can be easily done at 820 ilvl it is a bit much.
    Not if there are 4 people in 840+ who are willing to run with you.

Deleted
    Because thanks to blizzard all they want to do is get their damn profession quest done.

Some people just think it's silly to ask for an ilvl that is *higher* than the gear that will drop from that content. Sure, there are people who say "I want a smooth run" but let's be serious. You can get a smooth run with people who are exactly the minimum required and you can wipe until breakup of party with a group which has an ilvl average +20 to the requirement of the content. Gear still does not make a player, though overgearing the content by a stupid amount will let anyone clear it no matter how much they drool on the keyboard. It will require quite a bit more than +20 at this point, though.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Don't lie to the poor guy. Queue for a heroic at 810 now and you WILL hear about it.
    Now you are just sowing lies and discontent. At least before you had the probability of authenticity.

Quote Originally Posted by tumppu View Post
    Some people just think it's silly to ask for an ilvl that is *higher* than the gear that will drop from that content. Sure, there are people who say "I want a smooth run" but let's be serious. You can get a smooth run with people who are exactly the minimum required and you can wipe until breakup of party with a group which has an ilvl average +20 to the requirement of the content. Gear still does not make a player, though overgearing the content by a stupid amount will let anyone clear it no matter how much they drool on the keyboard. It will require quite a bit more than +20 at this point, though.
    OR they have tried doing mythics with people who are 820 and have failed fantastically. So now they look for better geared folks.

I take whoever because I'm not a selfish prick that has an over inflated ego where I believe my time is more valuable than others.

The best counter to this is, as usual, form your own groups. Except with a gear ceiling of 820 and don't take those over.

That's some great rage to get thrown at you.

Deleted
    People get offended, because they think it is their privilege to just join random groups and actually not put a bit of effort in the game by themselves...like creating their own grp and inviting peope with the shittiest itemlvl.

I only go 840+, not because to just cheese mechanics, but mainly because of lootsharing reasons. Most people just need certain items with bis stats etc...much more sharing. besides that, dungeon is cleared way faster. no wipes. Enough reasons for me tbh.

Yeah, I was discussing it with someone else. Not you. Thanks for jumping in and letting me know you don't approve.
    Dude, that was me who you were discussing it with. I'm the one who defined "carry" that you responded to.

Except you know it's true. You know Damm well that this is how the community acts now.
    Except that it's not true. Some of us are still playing this game (at least until I finish my Pathfinders).

- - - Updated - - -

You might wanna go back and check on who I initially was discussing that with.
    I did just check it. And sure enough, you were talking about 'carry', which is what I was talking about with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    OR they have tried doing mythics with people who are 820 and have failed fantastically. So now they look for better geared folks.
    And they have all the right to do so. Doing random is just that, random. They take their chances and either roll with it or wipe until they decide "screw this, I want a 840 group for this". Then they make one and hopefull roll with that. If they keep on failing, then maybe it's them.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tumppu View Post
    And they have all the right to do so. Doing random is just that, random. They take their chances and either roll with it or wipe until they decide "screw this, I want a 840 group for this". Then they make one and hopefull roll with that. If they keep on failing, then maybe it's them.
    But if they then succeed, that means the ones below 840 is the issue, and they will never play with anyone below after this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Entitlement and people generally being lazy. People think that because they pay $15/month, people should be forced to cater to their desires.

I have never once played this game and thought that the way other people run their groups affect me. If a number of people came together and started to do Gnome/Goblin only runs, would it affect me? No, I'd just join another group without the requirement, ask my guild, ask my friends, or simply make my own LFG group.

The options are there, people are just generally too lazy to do them. But of course, their laziness is everyone else's fault.

7+ Year Old Account
    I usually require 810+ for guildies, 820+ for pugs. A good tank/healer combo can basically carry any mythic. There's no reason to require 840+, but if I find a well geared pug looking for a group, I'll absolutely take them over an 820 pug.

Nothing wrong with any of that, especially since in this "intro to Legion" phase we're in, you basically control how much gear you can get minus RNG drops like legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Dude, that was me who you were discussing it with. I'm the one who defined "carry" that you responded to.
    I was trying to get him to understand what you already do. I gave up, and you picked up where I said "fuck it" he is just arguing to argue. The "trying Qing at 810 for heroics" comment shows his attitude pretty well.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    That RNG is such hard work amirite? Lol..
    Yeah it can be, RNG is RNG but you still have to put the time in to do the world quests/heroics/mythics amirite? Lol

My point stands that I will choose a higher ilvl random over a lower ilvl random. The only thing they have going for themselves is the ilvl, I don't know them personally and I want to make the run quick and smooth for everyone.

So that's how the community acts, but it's my attitude?
    No one looks at ilvls in random Q heroics. You are flat out lying to prove your fake point.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    No one looks at ilvls in random Q heroics. You are flat out lying to prove your fake point.
    I have not run across anyone looking at ilevel in a random heroic unless the person keeps dying as a tank or can't keep the group healed as a healer and have not ran into that yet this expansion. This is just a made up complaint to yet again make a complaint thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it astonishing that people are having trouble finding groups. I see multiple LFG groups for mythics require 825+ right now, which is easily obtainable before hopping into mythics. Even outside of that, in my alts guild (which is one of those super large guilds), every few hours, people will ask if anyone 815+ wants to do Mythics. It's super common. On reset day, you wouldn't even have to wait an hour.

I can't imagine that anyone who is actively looking to do content is getting shut out right now. At this stage, you'd have to be trying your best to avoid people to miss them.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    While I know players who preform well at any ilvl, those same players preform BETTER with a higher ilvl, it has bearing.
    I'll give you that.

But at this point if you have someone who's say got all the mythic kills for previous expansion say 5-10 ilvls short, I doubt it's going to make the make it or break it threshold for the dungeon?
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"