Ritual of summoning not working inside instance?

Hi, I was running mythic dungeon the other day and we wanted to summon a friend, so we tried to used my "ritual of summoning" inside the instance but we could not summon my friend, he got a weird message saying that it was an "invalid summon"

He didnt have issues to re-enter the instance from the entrace of the dungeon.

I throught that it was somekind of bug, but the other day, someone in the trade chat claimmed that in Legion, "ritual of summoning" is not going to work inside a instance.

Is that correct? cant find any official info about this

Quote Originally Posted by fenixazul View Post
    Hi, I was running mythic dungeon the other day and we wanted to summon a friend, so we tried to used my "ritual of summoning" inside the instance but we could not summon my friend, he got a weird message saying that it was an "invalid summon"

He didnt have issues to re-enter the instance from the entrace of the dungeon.

I throught that it was somekind of bug, but the other day, someone in the trade chat claimmed that in Legion, "ritual of summoning" is not going to work inside a instance.

Is that correct? cant find any official info about this
    Well, this does seem to fit into their philosophy of "let's remove any reason to bring a Warlock"...

I kid, I kid...but seriously, though...I'm joking...not really...

Deleted
    I am guessing it is to stop people getting around the ilevel requirements for Mythics

But yes it renders summoning virtually useless

Yeah, I haven't been able to use summoning stone in the mythics. Have to step out and use the stone.
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    I am guessing it is to stop people getting around the ilevel requirements for Mythics

But yes it renders summoning virtually useless
    Well it was not the case, my friend met the ilevel requeriments, he was running the dungeon with us from the start, he just hearthstoned to repair.

Deleted
    It's a blanket ban, it doesn;t check the requirements, it just stops summoning working, period. We found that out the hard way in guild, everyone met the ilevel thing.

I guess it;s because you can make a group and invite someone with lower ilevel (like you could take someone who didn;t have Silver Proving Grounds in WOD), it;s to stop you clearing stuff, inviting low ilevel to boss to cheese gear. Probably to stop 110 groups clearing stuff dropping out and inviting low levelplayers too, as that would feck up the scaling thing.

The effect is to make summoning useless.

Didn't it get disabled in instances a long time ago? I don't play a warlock, but I feel like I heard that at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Didn't it get disabled in instances a long time ago? I don't play a warlock, but I feel like I heard that at some point.
    It used to just not work in LFD dungeons, manually formed groups it still worked. Can't say I'm surprised with the way its been going so far though.

Deleted
    That's part of the Warlock class fantasy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    That's part of the Warlock class fantasy.
    Also the "Warlocks are Tanky casters" Blizz's ideology has a saying here...
    Tanks can't summon people now, can they? Oo
    Reckoning Bomb - Unleashes the Reckoning upon the Scourge, inflicting ridiculous amounts of damage. Some might even say the damage is ludicrous.

The reason is actually very simpel, and stupid!

Mythic dungeons reuse the code from the old Challenge mode which forbid summoning for obvious reasons.
    And since mythic and mythic+ share the same mode(keystones are activated at the start of the instance), you cant summon in mythic dungeons!

Yay for reusing code
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA - 23/03/2014 View Post
    Seriously. Someone bookmark this. If we go all the way from 6.0 to 7.0 and there is never a paid Garrison feature on the blizzard store, I will go to the store, purchase a hat and film myself eating it.

you also can't summon in heroics, and probably not normals either. IIRC they took it out a few expansions ago because people were using it in raids to skip trash and stuff, I haven't played lock main since Cata, so I guess they added it back in sometime after that again?

Deleted
    Players are now able to summon other players into Mythic dungeons as long as the player being summoned meets the requirements of the dungeon.
    Should be fixed now

I noticed this bug since week one, I wonder how no one noticed it during a year of alpha and beta 'testing'...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    I noticed this bug since week one, I wonder how no one noticed it during a year of alpha and beta 'testing'...
    Anyway it's fixed as stated in the hotfix notes

Players are now able to summon other players into Mythic dungeons as long as the player being summoned meets the requirements of the dungeon.
    Reckoning Bomb - Unleashes the Reckoning upon the Scourge, inflicting ridiculous amounts of damage. Some might even say the damage is ludicrous.