Quote Originally Posted by Invrlose View Post
    So you're just going to repeat the same thing after I already addressed it. When corporations donate millions in campaign contributions and then policy in favour of those corps get passed it's not incompetence, it's deliberate prostitution of the government.
    Um, Thepersona didn't respond to you between your last two comments. He didn't repeat anything, you just hadn't caught up.

And, okay, everything is corruption except the things that aren't. Riiiiight. Totally clear. And not a conspiracy at all.

We're getting back into the whole 'needing proof' thing I know you hate so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    Okay, so no problems exist due to incompetence, then? What's the ratio?
    He is not saying they are conspiring. The reason I dropped it, is because he will not say it's a joint conspiracy, meaning you will be stuck in a quagmire of intent. This will go on for many pages, without any actual point served. The only place for this to go, without just being back and forth of nothing, is if you focus on individual issues. This would bring you back to the original discussion of pay to play of Clinton Fondation... Might as well skip all of this and go back to that...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    If you had answered my original question in the first place, you would likely understand what I'm talking about. Instead you chose to ignore my question (and subsequent point I was going to make) to speculate, put words into my mouth and then arrive at false conclusions. And now you continue to ignore my original question (despite my second request for an answer) and do the exact same thing again...speculate and then question me regarding another one of your incorrect assumptions. It's like I'm in an episode of the Twilight Zone.

Your assumption of my position regarding anything doesn't necessarily reflect reality (and likely won't given your track record). So, going forward, I'd appreciate it if you would not put words into my mouth and keep your contrived strawmen to yourself. Deal?
    I have inferred from what you implied, I have not argued against those points.

Simply state what you're trying to say, or we can condescend toward each other like pricks. Deal?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    The Embassy attacks weren't anything close to being "similar." How many Americans died in those attacks you listed? Do you have any idea?
    Politifact does. Spoiler alert: it's more than four.

Also more news from the Clinton Foundation: their "health project" is due to split off and become its own separate entity. For those of you not aware, about two-thirds of all Clinton Foundation funds go to supplying HIV/AIDS medication to Africans, covering about 11 million people.

Clinton also announced she would not be the head of either part of the Clinton Foundation if elected, as would several other long-time chairpeople to be replaced by world health experts. Similarly, Trump would have to step down as CEO of his holdings, which would almost certainly go to his children.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No, it was not a stutter, it was a clarification on what he already was saying. The only thing that makes this about 'Freudian slip' and not if more than one quilifies as 'Frequent' is bias. Notice how neither of you actually answered my question, if going by the standard you are astablishing, it is you who is trying to hide the truth.

By the way, feel free to ping me about Freud and his current standing in psychology. I'd probebly take the thread way off topic. But, as a preview of my reply, you dreaming of a spider does not mean you want to fuck your mom.
    Sorry, do I need to be more clear?
    You asked why they aired the clip of her falling. I said it's because everyone had already seen it a dozen times on TV before they interviewed Bill so it wasn't anything new. You can't really sweep that under the rug especially when it's a topic of your interview.

Bias, Freudian slip, clarification. I frequently confuse the three of those. Occasionally. I mean, rarely do I confuse those but sometimes it has happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasc View Post
    So your point is that because Americans mostly weren't among the fatalities, those attacks "don't count"? That's freaking ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    The Embassy attacks weren't anything close to being "similar." How many Americans died in those attacks you listed? Do you have any idea?
    See above.

Differences between Hillary's email setup and Powell's? She had a private server, giving her oversight over which emails to keep and delete. She had far fewer emails retroactivley classified. We don't know how secure Clinton's was. Powell didn't erase any emails while under a congressional subpoena.
    You realize Powell erased all of them, right? He archived nothing that wasn't caught through sending it to another State Department e-mail account.

Like I said; blatant double standards.

And again; the point is not that Powell acted poorly and should face repercussions. It's that neither did Clinton. At worst, they're reasons to not want to see her become President because you think she's made poor choices, but that's a far cry from the "lock her up" chants and such; nothing she's done warrants that, in any way.

And hell; I've been clear for months that I don't think that highly of Clinton, personally. I would've rather seen Sanders get the nomination. Or Biden. Or Warren. Or a host of others. The only reason I'd back Clinton at this point is because the effective alternatives offered up by the Republicans are so much worse in pretty much every respect.

You have an issue with lies and questionable decision-making? Trump's worse than Clinton. You have an issue with a cavalier warhawk attitude? Trump's worse than Clinton. I could keep going.
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-09-14 at 07:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ptimo View Post
    Sorry, do I need to be more clear?
    Yes, then I can clerify:

You asked why they aired the clip of her falling.
    No, I asked why they showed him saying it in the first place. I am asking why they showed the video overlapping the question in the second clip, where I assume it was shown prior to the question in the first. One is an attempt to show they are complete idiots when it comes to hiding, while the other is to show that they did a few things to cut for time. What are your reasons for both?

I said it's because everyone had already seen it a dozen times on TV before they interviewed Bill so it wasn't anything new.
    This doesn't make any sense. Hillary ads attacking a Trump are all showing things we have seen before. You are assuming, with a basis that doesn't make sense. Airing a video that damages your candidate, because everyone has seen it, is assuming that those conspiring are both all powerful and complete idiots.

You can't really sweep that under the rug especially when it's a topic of your interview.
    You are ignoring everything said before and after it, can't get better than personal experience.

Bias, Freudian slip, clarification. I frequently confuse the three of those. Occasionally. I mean, rarely do I confuse those but sometimes it has happened.
    I'd say all the time...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    So your point is that because Americans mostly weren't among the fatalities, those attacks "don't count"? That's freaking ridiculous.

See above.

You realize Powell erased all of them, right? He archived nothing that wasn't caught through sending it to another State Department e-mail account.

Your whataboutism is cute... and duly noted and ignored. Did you read beyond the first link? I guess not. The "who died" is not the only difference but hey, you keep up that myopia!

d(^.^)z

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Show me the transcript...
    I found several articles saying the transcript was edited, but could not find a copy of the edited version. I'll concede this for now.

All of them:

anyone else feel that her attack on PEPE the frog made her ineligible to be President .. I feel that Meme magic is going to will her to lose and PEPE will win in the long run

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    Deal?
    No.
    /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    a lot of famous people endorse trump. are these famous people (who are more successful than you and i alike) insane too?
    OOOOO, he has fucking Chachi and Putin. While almost every other famous person, is voting blue. So, yes, the ones that are voting for him are insane.

Quote Originally Posted by fernotao View Post
    anyone else feel that her attack on PEPE the frog made her ineligible to be President .. I feel that Meme magic is going to will her to lose and PEPE will win in the long run
    https://www.hillaryclinton.com/post/...-an-explainer/

This exists, and isn't parody.

What's next? A Gamergate manifesto explaining how a secret cabal of wailing hyper consumer white dude bros is definitely swaying public policy SOMEHOW

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    so basically you refuse to apply common sense to this situation
    and will defend her until the end

ok got it
    When you have no common sense, it is easy to just write you off. We already know your "common sense" is that below the rest of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I'm not sure the hacked emails thing is working as originally intended. The latest one, again from Powell, refers to the Benghazi investigation as "a big stupid witch hunt". Between that and the Trump info earlier today, this is actually kind of funny. It's kind of backfiring.
    What intent do you think encouraged the release of these emails, and why do you think it's backfiring rather than doing what was intended?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Politifact does. Spoiler alert: it's more than four.
    Show me the embassy attacks under Bush that resulted in more than 4 Americans dying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    What intent do you think encouraged the release of these emails, and why do you think it's backfiring rather than doing what was intended?
    If I'm reading the stories I link correctly, these are hacked DNC emails, most likely Russian hackers. I sincerely doubt they were looking for Powell's comments in that light.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

See above.

And again; the point is not that Powell acted poorly and should face repercussions. It's that neither did Clinton. At worst, they're reasons to not want to see her become President because you think she's made poor choices, but that's a far cry from the "lock her up" chants and such; nothing she's done warrants that, in any way.

And hell; I've been clear for months that I don't think that highly of Clinton, personally. I would've rather seen Sanders get the nomination. Or Biden. Or Warren. Or a host of others. The only reason I'd back Clinton at this point is because the effective alternatives offered up by the Republicans are so much worse in pretty much every respect.

You have an issue with lies and questionable decision-making? Trump's worse than Clinton. You have an issue with a cavalier warhawk attitude? Trump's worse than Clinton. I could keep going.
    In reverse order, I'm not voting for Trump. I've been clear on that for the last year. And Clinton did act poorly. Comey was pretty clear on that. And her, or someone in her office, ordered the deletion of emails that were under a Congressional subpoena.

And if you're still talking about attacks that were similar under Bush, show me an attack on an embassy that resulted in 4 dead Americans.

Your whataboutism is cute... and duly noted and ignored. Did you read beyond the first link? I guess not. The "who died" is not the only difference but hey, you keep up that myopia!

d(^.^)z
    Says the guy that got caught in blatant lies yesterday, this is fucking cute.

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/post/...-an-explainer/

This exists, and isn't parody.

What's next? A Gamergate manifesto explaining how a secret cabal of wailing hyper consumer white dude bros is definitely swaying public policy SOMEHOW
    Quite hilarious.

He's dragged her into the mud: she's now insulting millions of Americans on TV and posting inaccurate hit pieces/giving speeches about cartoon frogs. The health conspiracies are now becoming mainstream thanks to the fact that she's got doctors like Lisa following her around in public and leaks of her being dragged unconscious into vehicles by SS.

Meanwhile Trump is taking the high road by acting calm and normal. Making a move towards the center with some traditionally left-leaning policy ideas. Wishing her well with her health, etc...

This is Trump's third act reversal. Watch the polls coming out over the next week or two, there will be a big shift. The only obstacle left are the debates.