Unholy DK Stats!

I was wondering if anybody knew the haste cap until you start going into Crit gear? I have 21% Haste and 21% Crit at the moment but I don't know when I should start focusing on more Crit/Mastery gear.

I too would like to know this

Deleted
    There is no real cap, the haste value does only drop at the hard-cap for the GCD which is 100% haste. So due to Bloodlust/Hero you might want to go for 70% total haste on gear, or 49% when you are using Soul Reaper respectively. This obviously changes if you also have a haste procc trinket.

You should go for both at the same time.
    The Items got 2 stats, so just go for haste-crit equipment and str-haste trinkets.

Get 20% haste or above and get as much as crit as you can... that is assuming you are running a Castigator build. Crit>=Haste>Mastery>Versatility

Around 20-21% seems fine in play style so far, I'm 851 and only experience a small amount of downtime on a full mythic dungeon fight. Unfortunately this is kind of design with how our class works - RNG. As for crit, you should never forgo crit to gain haste. Haste is a great stat but crit will perform better overall in a raid environment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Savagefaxion View Post
    Around 20-21% seems fine in play style so far, I'm 851 and only experience a small amount of downtime on a full mythic dungeon fight. Unfortunately this is kind of design with how our class works - RNG. As for crit, you should never forgo crit to gain haste. Haste is a great stat but crit will perform better overall in a raid environment.
    Are people still playing WoD? Haste does not reduce downtime anymore, it simply speeds up your rotation (both execution and ressource generation).

So your 20-21% haste level has nothing to do with you having downtime in dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    Are people still playing WoD? Haste does not reduce downtime anymore, it simply speeds up your rotation (both execution and ressource generation).

So your 20-21% haste level has nothing to do with you having downtime in dungeons.
    More Haste= faster Rune regen. So it does give you less downtime. At least in the sense that you will be pressing buttons more frequently.
    Last edited by Rixarius; 2016-09-14 at 04:40 PM.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixark View Post
    More Haste= faster Rune regen. So it does give you less downtime. At least in the sense that you will be pressing buttons more frequently.
    Gcd is shorter so you spend your resources faster. Need maths to prove this eithet way of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Gcd is shorter so you spend your resources faster. Need maths to prove this eithet way of course.
    If your rune regens in 10 seconds with a 1.5 second gcd or if your rune regens in 5 seconds with a 0.75 second gcd, you have the same amount of downtime.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solial View Post
    If your rune regens in 10 seconds with a 1.5 second gcd or if your rune regens in 5 seconds with a 0.75 second gcd, you have the same amount of downtime.
    THat's sort of what i was trying to suggest with my comment. However, i'm interesting in seeing the maths behind this as i'm not convinced taht the relationship between haste and resource generation is linear.

Quote Originally Posted by Solial View Post
    But a .75 second GCD is well within the limits of network latency, human reaction time, etc so it seems like less downtime because you cannot go that fast.

To a simulation, yeah it is the same downtime. To a person in a chair, it seems like a flood of things to do and not enough GCDs to do them.

With spell queue and button mashing every gcd should still be be pretty close to full. It does feel like you have less downtime though because you're using so many more abilities.