Page 1 of 2
LastLast

My Withered Training experience in a nutshell

One of the withered is running away! Catch him before he gets lost in the tunnels!
    One of the withered is running away! Catch him before he gets lost in the tunnels!

seriously

on every single boss, I can't even do anything because I'm just running around catching withered nonstop.

Find the chest that lowers the chance of them running away, might be random, but the item exists and it's a godsend.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    Find the chest that lowers the chance of them running away, might be random, but the item exists and it's a godsend.
    Don't you have to sacrifice withered to open chests, though? That's what all the guides say.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Don't you have to sacrifice withered to open chests, though? That's what all the guides say.
    You sacrifice the present for the future.

Yeh, but those buffs last forever. A fact I did not know my first 3 times, I saw those big chests and just figured that I should keep the withered. I was mistaken.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Early on you should be avoiding bosses anyways and just focusing on bringing out 5-10 player chests. This contain items that permanently buff your troops. Besides the fun part is when you taunt a mob into a hallway and the wither decide to leap into the next room pulling everything including the boss... lol

The Withered Training quest and the Cat-Herding quest are both analogies for being in an LFR group.

Just replace "One of your withered are running away" with:
    "One of your group-members is standing in fire. Yell at him before he wipes the group!"
    "One of your group-members is standing in fire. Yell at him before he wipes the group!"

[You have died]
    ~RAWR!

10+ Year Old Account
    As mentioned, prioritize chests at all costs. I had every chest by my 2nd run (maybe 1 or 2 chests in the 3rd). They make a massive difference. Less withered being sacrificed for chests (more damage) and more buffs (+DMG, +Health, -Chance to Flee, +More Coordinated attacks).

Here's what happens when you have all the chests:

- Anything with less than 2m health dies instantly
    - The beefy arcane trash mobs die before getting a spellcast off without Enrage
    - Dro dies in a 4 second stun
    - You'll probably have 40+ withered by the time you reach elfbreaker
    - Elfbreaker dies during his first grab, doesn't even get to the slam
    - /lol at any remaining bosses
    - All mobs are dead and you have 45-50'ish withered left.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    As mentioned, prioritize chests at all costs. I had every chest by my 2nd run (maybe 1 or 2 chests in the 3rd). They make a massive difference. Less withered being sacrificed for chests (more damage) and more buffs (+DMG, +Health, -Chance to Flee, +More Coordinated attacks).

Here's what happens when you have all the chests:

- Anything with less than 2m health dies instantly
    - The beefy arcane trash mobs die before getting a spellcast off without Enrage
    - Dro dies in a 4 second stun
    - You'll probably have 40+ withered by the time you reach elfbreaker
    - Elfbreaker dies during his first grab, doesn't even get to the slam
    - /lol at any remaining bosses
    - All mobs are dead and you have 45-50'ish withered left.
    Where do you even get that many Withered? The most I ever got was 26. I opened every door and looked in every room I could.

And which chests do I open? The little ones or the big ones? I can't seem to find any information about which chests do what, and cost how many withered.

Full cleared the scenario today, got every chest killed every boss, finished with 46 withers and not a single one started running away.

Tip: They only do it when they're injured below a certain threshold of health, the item raises that threshold enough that once you have all the buffs it's probably never going to happen.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

10+ Year Old Account
    Where do you even get that many Withered? The most I ever got was 26. I opened every door and looked in every room I could.

And which chests do I open? The little ones or the big ones? I can't seem to find any information about which chests do what, and cost how many withered.
    Once you don't have to worry about chests, you'll have a lot more withered following you around due to not having to sacrifice them for chests. They're practically unkillable (unless you're letting them tank) once you have the buffs too, so that helps the numbers. Just remember to check all of web cocoons, as they can be inside of those.

All of the chests matter. I would say focus on whichever ones you can safely get out. The "sacrifice chests" don't respawn, so as long as you get 1 out, you're making progress and it will help you in the next run (aside from the chest that gives you a... pet? Maybe it's a toy. There's also some that give AP, which you might want to save until later). A rule of thumb is: 10 man chests buff 1 of your withered whereas the 5 man chests buff all of them.

Once you finish getting those chests, you'll laugh at how much of a joke it becomes.

All of them.
    Small chests costs nothing to open, medium chests are 5 withered and large ones are 10.

Went through the first room and into the next hallways, as im tanking the mobs my troops are in the other room tossing stuff at the mini boss until it got mad and went after them. Sadly this was a reoccurring theme today with the army, they pulled whatever they wanted at times.

Made it to the spider room and Dro spawned right away killing most of my troops, second run in a row too.

7+ Year Old Account

seriously

on every single boss, I can't even do anything because I'm just running around catching withered nonstop.
    they run away when they reach a health threashold, when they reach a certin health level they attempt to run away so you have to catch them, maybe stop fighting these bosses, as they seem t obe killing your withereds health...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The withered training is already a big step forward in terms of solo scenarios coming from the assault on the Throne of Thunder treasury (which was already very enjoyable in its own right). I strongly hope Blizzard is planning to add more of this kind of content to the game.

I just had half my group of withered run down a set of stairs for no reason, aggro about 10 mobs. i went from 15 withered to 5 in seconds. this nightfallen crap...id rather have the shipyard back. I've enver gotten a score higher than 200 because of the down syndrome ai these withered use. Or just some bs that goes on. Like the dryad boss. killed her just fine. All wither still alive. 5 seconds after her death, 9 of my withered died, i didnt even move.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2016-09-14 at 09:18 PM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I just had half my group of withered run down a set of stairs for no reason, aggro about 10 mobs. i went from 15 withered to 5 in seconds. this nightfallen crap...id rather have the shipyard back.
    Did you remember to toggle the action button to keep them at your side rather than going berserk?

I made the mistake of going into the first room to the right today. Lost 41 withered before I even realized it happened. I'm still not sure what happened tbh, it was as if my withered were stuck on the wall not attacking anything. Even looking at recount their damage seemed very low. Maybe those elementals CC or something.

Thankfully I had just enough left to open the 5-withered chest there. Never setting foot in there again!

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    Did you remember to toggle the action button to keep them at your side rather than going berserk?
    i rarely make them go berserk.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I just had half my group of withered run down a set of stairs for no reason, aggro about 10 mobs. i went from 15 withered to 5 in seconds. this nightfallen crap...id rather have the shipyard back. I've enver gotten a score higher than 200 because of the down syndrome ai these withered use. Or just some bs that goes on. Like the dryad boss. killed her just fine. All wither still alive. 5 seconds after her death, 9 of my withered died, i didnt even move.
    You should have your withered set for non enraged mode for anything but the busses. Managed to get 600 points today with a full clear and 45 withered. Got my 2nd berserker helmet aswell so il be seeing what's behind the door to the right in 3 days I guess

Also never start opening chests that cost withered befor you are ready to stop. 10 withered is a huge dps loss when they are enraged