Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    What happened to capitalism? Companies have to explain to government who they hire and why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhinopotamus View Post
    The Safety of German Men and Women at work > Refugees, who should be fighting their own battles back home, to not be refugees.
    Huh. More newcomers gaining jobs helps with German security.

Deleted
    lol

because they are all not fit for work (in terms of education and language) and they are a huge risk.

I wouldn't hire people that don't speak german and lack an education

ffs merkel

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Well, the "Ideally" was really targeted towards your comment of why the other side should work with her, after she called them Nazies. Because it should not be about politics, but the well being of people.

I know both sides do it, but wanting the other side to fail at governing (Be that Liberals against Bush, or Conservatives against Obama, etc) is putting party before country(and people's lives), in my opinion.

I don't like Trump... but if he wins I hope he succeeds in making the country better... (I just doubt he will)... him failing might make some people that hate him giddy and go into a "Told you so!" mode... but it is bad for the country as a whole.

So in the case of Merkel, who I think messed up while trying to do something good, the other side stepping in, and putting forward some ideas that will help everyone involved is a better outcome than watching her fail.
    And my ideally stinger was on you really hoping human beings don't act like human beings.

There is no part of this that isn't political. The shitshow of things like morrocan refugees, 17 year Olds with full beards and expecting Turkey to do anything positive is really telling. I mean, fuck, do you believe refugees are going to go home after all the signalling about "They deserve a good life"? Why would they abandon that good lifethey were promised?

Instead, you're seeing fences go up in countries that previously busted on anyone who tried methods to stop this. You have the EU prepared to either penalize or slash funds from Eastern European countries that refugees refuse to stay in. (Must be that racist right wing and not trying to get to the promised land, right?). You have politicians playing the "Not every..." card for crime from refugees, but an entire political spectrum hates brown people(Love that phrase). And you have Merkel vascilating between claiming things are fine and that more need to chip in. (Not her and the elites, however. Funny how the poor people have to deal with these things, huh?)

I'll give you something small. What's the reason to cut such a large amount of foreign aid, ensuring people stop getting clean water, food and medicine, to give such a meager amount of people more money? Where's the humanitarianism in that? Having good intentions doesn't forgive shortsightedness.there's a good reason those pave the road to Hell.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I think the problem is you can't baby refugees, benign neglect is the key. Give them minimal benefits and put them in poor housing and they'll get motivated to get jobs. When they get their first crappy job they'll be motivated to learn the native language so they can get a better job and so on.

Works well in the US.
    Poe's law surely? The US is hardly working well when it comes to elevating people out of poorer situations. You have some of the worst socioeconomic mobility in the developed world.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Their work ethic and culture just does not fit well with the German workplace. On top of that they German is mostly shit and a lot of them are actually illiterate.

Even with higher degrees they often are behind years compared to our students.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Huh. More newcomers gaining jobs helps with German security.
    You want people who cannot speak the local language to help with local security? Ye that's gonna work out fine...
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    You want people who cannot speak the local language to help with local security? Ye that's gonna work out fine...
    It's a process. In time they will adapt. The investment is worth it,

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    My point was not to baby them, give them a minimal benefit package. They'll get by unless there's racism or something. And tough love will make them thrive.
    They will not. Once stuck in your "minimal benefit package", they'll stay there forever. It takes a considerable amount of work to get your German to a usable level. And motivation to learn is low when you already get something for doing nothing. However, actually giving them nothing will only result in even more misery.

We need to immediately send them all to schools. That is my personal solution for many issues Germany will be facing in the near future. They all need to study and learn the basics of our culture and general knowledge. Math, history, languages, biology, etc.. The whole fucking package. Since they should have some sort of minimal education already, they could start from a higher grade and finish within 2-3 years. Support them until they're done - deport them if they decline. Since there will never be peace in those countries where they're coming from, we have to accept the fact that everyone who is here is likely to stay. Might as well integrate them properly.

After school, let them start an apprenticeship where they can learn a craft, or if they qualify, send them to a university. It's for free anyway.

If a 16 years old can support himself with a 600-800-900 € per month (increasing each year) apprenticeship, they must be able to as well.

But without school, they will never get exposed to our culture. They'll sit at home all day long because they don't understand shit and they'll create a new lost generation, even worse than what we currently have with basically 4th generation immigrants from Turkey, Italy, Serbia.... Neu-Köln, Kreuzberg, Oberkassel... just to name a few districts in Germany who are rotten very much beyond repair because a proper integration NEVER happened. Their grandparents were never supposed to stay anyway if you ask the German politicians who were in power at that time.
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2016-09-14 at 08:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Germany has a lot of unemployed people and also a lot who work minimum wage. Millions have to get welfare even though they work.

There is also barely any shortage of high skilled labor. And the few jobs where they cannot find Germans for will not by done by refugees.

Some people actually believed we needed 1.2 million uneducated workers........hahaha

When will someone kick that stupid fucking idiot out of office and into an insane asylum... that woman's stupidity will have Germany reeling for decades.

This latest lunacy is probably an attempt to implement something like affirmative action (info needed). Quotas and shit. There's only so many janitors you can hire. The vast majority of those people are completely useless. Don't know (and don't want to learn) the language, have no real skills needed for a 1st world country, and the worst thing is they don't even really need to bother. Aunty Merkel's gonna integrate them... or else.

[REDACTED FOR STUPIDITY]

This situation is getting more and more intriguing to watch, though I'm weary of the repercussions... hope I won't be alive to see the shitstorm at the end of the road...
    Last edited by Ærion; 2016-09-14 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ærion View Post
    When will someone kick that stupid fucking idiot out of office and into an insane asylum... that woman's stupidity will have Germany reeling for decades.

This latest lunacy is probably an attempt to implement something like affirmative action (info needed). Quotas and shit. There's only so many janitors you can hire. The vast majority of those people are completely useless. Don't know (and don't want to learn) the language, have no real skills needed for a 1st world country, and the worst thing is they don't even really need to bother. Aunty Merkel's giving them shit.

Elevate them to higher standards of living and pay for their tuition? What the fuck is this shit. Nobody pays anything for natives. Everyone has to work their ass off to pay for school and for a decent living situation. Why the ungodly fuck should refuse be accorded more benefits than your native population?

This situation is getting more and more intriguing to watch, though I'm weary of the repercussions... hope I won't be alive to see the shitstorm at the end of the road...
    The fuck you ranting about? Everything is paid for the natives. School is free, even if you are too poor to buy food as a student you get BAFÖG. University is free and you still get BAFÖG even there. If you are unemployed, like I was for 2 months during the transition between university and my current job, Harz4 pays for your apartment AND gives you ~400€ per month for all the basic needs. And when they overpaid me for the last month, they didn't even force me to pay back in full, but only roughly 50% of what I actually owed them.

So what the fuck are refugees getting that natives aren't in Germany? Explain that to me in detail instead of spouting nonsense.

The only thing that I agree with you is the part where you fear quotas. So do I and I hope we'll never see quotas. They're cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I doubt those that had medical liscences hiked their ass to Germany. Let's be honest here. Not all of Syria fled the country, there are still cities.

Way to make Syria sound like a third world country.
    Woah sorry i did not realise i was being baited, Good luck with your forum posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    Are you insane!? We've come a long way to have some sort of at least mostly working regulation in place, that ensures that anyone hiring a plumber does actually get a person that has seen a pipe before, and that his/her work will probably not let the customer's house drown due to a leak caused by shoddy work.
    I also would verly much like to know that the lab technician that will eventually create my tooth implants when I'm old ACTUALLY knows what he/she does, and that the pilot that flies me into my holidays isn't ridden with PTSD and might crack at any time mid-flight.

No sirybob. We NEED these regulations. They are part of the basis for why German labour is deemed to be of relatively high quality, and that is what keeps our comparably small country relevant on the world markets. If we threw that out the window to accommodate a bunch of refugees, to get them to work short term, we'd have REALLY fucked it up for good.
    No you wouldn't. Excessive regulations harm the EU economy especially for those who don't have much skill.

http://www.nber.org/papers/w22603
    Using data on 14 OECD economies during 1988-2007, Gilbert Cette of the Bank of France, Jimmy Lopez of the Université de Bourgogne, and Jacques Mairesse of ENSAE ParisTech conclude that labor protection regulations induce firms to substitute labor with physical capital and reduce the intensity of research and development. They also find that these regulations raise the employment share of high-skilled workers and reduce the share of low-skilled workers. The authors suggest that structural reforms to increase labor market flexibility could have a favorable impact on firms’ R&D investment and their hiring of low-skilled workers.
    To quote krugman back in the 2000s.
    Europe's three fundamental problems -- the problems that monetary union gave Europeans an excuse to ignore -- are jobs, jobs and jobs. An old joke among economists is that the European definition of a boom is a year in which the unemployment rate rises less than usual. Behind this poor employment performance lies the phenomenon of ''eurosclerosis'': a labor market so clogged with government rules and regulations that European companies have had little incentive to create new jobs -- especially the low-wage jobs that in the United States provide the young and minority groups with a first step into the world of work. Europeans have, of course, been caustic about the American model. And this rhetoric, whose implications we ugly Americans in turn tend to ridicule as a policy of no jobs at good wages, continues unabated.
    Last edited by NED funded; 2016-09-14 at 09:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    low IQ = low skill

she'll never learn that so there is no point in explaining it
    Where are you getting this from?

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Some human beings act nobly, some do not. Some (most) are in between. I think the generel sentiment I have is that we should appeal to people's better nature, not "worse". But when that fails, the responsibility of the response to the bad behaviour is on the people that did the behaviour. If you are given a choice, and a chance to do good, (or stand on your feet, or whatever) and you blew it, it is nobody's fault but your own.

But isn't that the real issue? Both the left and right playing politics? Instead of, you know, actually solving problems like adults?

When someone breaks the law, they should be held accountable. When a person is contributing to society, is not violent, and is by all accounts a "good" member of society, their race/religion should not matter. And putting a blanket "get out" statment out is, in the eyes of many, inhumane.

As I have stated I did not agree with how Merkel handled the situation, so this is not an argument I am going to take on, because I do not have anything to argue against it. I think she had good intentions, and horrible/unplanned/unthought out execution.
    You know who has good intentions? The people trying to keep refugee camps and housing from popping up. They don't want the extra crime the government will invariably cover up as that's all they can expect from people that only want to look good, not do good.

Politicians do politics. Shocking, right? There's nothing else to it. Choosing to set yourself in that ring is about yourself, not doing good. That's why the political party that swears to be the biggest ally to LGBT in America left them to rot on their rights years ago to stay popular. The same is apparent here. They totally care about the refugees(Here already. Not the ones that played by the rules and are stuck because do you really think any politician is going to do anything about that.)

Speaking of contributing, does that mean the people that don't attack refugees but want them gone are being unfairly treated?

And by your logic, Merkel and every idiot that counted their tolerance points ahead of time have no one to blame but themselves. They had a real chance to do good but, just like any old politician, decided to look good.

Why the hell would any company want to hire these refugees when they don't bring any valuable skill sets and are a drain on the company's resources. The only way to get these companies to hire refugees is to give them tax credits for hiring these disposable people.
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhinopotamus View Post
    The Safety of German Men and Women at work > Refugees, who should be fighting their own battles back home, to not be refugees.
    Besides, why should anyone hire an employee who does not fill even the minimum requirements for the job? Truth is that from a standard employer's viewpoint, the vast majority of these "refugees" are absolutely useless; they don't have any useful skills, they don't speak the language, and they don't even know how to behave here. Even if they aren't rapists or terrorists, their complete ineptitude would be a serious safety hazard for the rest of the workers. Even a completely uneducated native, who at least knows the language and the work culture, would be a better choice.

However, I'm pretty sure that no one would have anything against hiring workers who fill the requirements. But as it is, we aren't getting many such people.
    Last edited by mmocf7a456daa4; 2016-09-14 at 09:34 PM.

I thought it was pretty obvious, they don't speak fkn german. Mystery solved, Merkel; nobody wants to hire someone who they have to teach an entire language to.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    What happened to capitalism? Companies have to explain to government who they hire and why?

Most countries are not fully capitalistic these days, its a shitty system anyway.