Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    some appearances are from content yet to come (mmo-c news). ofc all the emerald nightmare ones are technically yet-to-come, but does this confirm troll raid :P

Based on the front page blue post, I think the best bet for enh is to wait till the world bosses are available. However, I will be deeply disappointed if the troll appearance for Doomhammer, one of the most well known artifacts is from a random drop; having a line of riddles or a long chain like dreadblades or ashbringer would certainly make it more epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantypops View Post
    Based on the front page blue post, I think the best bet for enh is to wait till the world bosses are available. However, I will be deeply disappointed if the troll appearance for Doomhammer, one of the most well known artifacts is from a random drop; having a line of riddles or a long chain like dreadblades or ashbringer would certainly make it more epic.
    I don't think any hidden artifact skin will require that much treasure hunt as the Corrupted Ashbringer or the TF Skin requires, simply out of prestige sake.

The "Ashbringer secret" developed a life on it's own during Vanilla due some hints and Thunderfury also involved some serious treasure hunting until the first people managed to get it.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2016-09-14 at 03:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I don't think any hidden artifact skin will require that much treasure hunt as the Corrupted Ashbringer or the TF Skin requires, simply out of prestige sake.

The "Ashbringer secret" developed a life on it's own during Vanilla due some hints and Thunderfury also involved some serious treasure hunting until the first people managed to get it.
    That's fair, but I also think Doomhammer is up there with Ashbringer and Thunderfury in terms of how iconic it is. It would be very disappointing if the Doomhammer secret skin was just a drop from a world boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    That's fair, but I also think Doomhammer is up there with Ashbringer and Thunderfury in terms of how iconic it is. It would be very disappointing if the Doomhammer secret skin was just a drop from a world boss.
    It's not really about the lore or the "historical importance" of a weapon that plays a role here.

Ashbringer is so famous solely because of those small references in Vanilla to the Weapon, which are highlighted in the Hidden Artifact acquisition.
    Those small hints along with a datamined Ashbringer + Model basically sparked the rumor that the Ashbringer is obtainable and led many people to believe that there's some way to connect all these loose hints to receive the Ashbringer.

Thunderfury is probably the most iconic Legendary item in WoW.

They are a nod towards the importance of the weapons to the WoW community, even people who don't give a shit about lore know the Ashbringer or Thunderfury, the Doomhammer is iconic yes, but not as iconic as these from a player community perspective.

So my Fist of Ra-Den currently says "Illusion: Hide Weapon Enchant." I want to add an illusion to it but when I go to the Transmog vendor there is no dropdown box on my weapon to add an illusion. How is this fixed? Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    So my Fist of Ra-Den currently says "Illusion: Hide Weapon Enchant." I want to add an illusion to it but when I go to the Transmog vendor there is no dropdown box on my weapon to add an illusion. How is this fixed? Thanks.
    AFAIK you can't add illusions to the artifacts.

I decided that the best way to figure this out is to go through the content strings that were released, starting with patch 7.0.1. Anything from audio, things characters say, random objects (looking at you, orbs) and other items. the first big thing I found but can't really find any more info on is all of the items in http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ha-Build-21531 under the header "new artifact quality items" If anyone has any idea what some of them are from, we may be able to either eliminate these from the search, or make it that much more complicated.

10+ Year Old Account
    I finally got the hidden appearance from for Sharas'dal. It dropped last night from Warlord Parjesh on NORMAL. I had already done the fight on Mythic and Heroic yesterday so I decided to farm it on Normal and got it on my second run. I'll post some screen shots later!

Question for all of you: do I have to keep the hidden appearance on my artifact while doing the world quests and dungeons in order for it to count? or can it just be unlocked and still count? Also, is there a way to keep track of how close I am to the other hidden colors (WQ's, dungeons, and HK's)?

So I spoke with a fellow resto shaman friend of mine (who has the resto skin) and she's positive that she got the skin from the last boss in Darkheart Thicket when she was like level 104 and that didn't do EoA until mythic. So either she's wrong, it was bugged at the time, or it can drop from other bosses other than from the first two naga bosses in EoA....

Either way, i want it and I'm sad...lol

Deleted
    given the elemental hidden skin is amani tied, it is rumored to have something to do with isle of thunder, isle of giants or throne of thunder. I dont buy the dalaran sewers one because I know for fact the holy paladin skin has been moved from a faronaar drop to somewhere else

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    So I spoke with a fellow resto shaman friend of mine (who has the resto skin) and she's positive that she got the skin from the last boss in Darkheart Thicket when she was like level 104 and that didn't do EoA until mythic. So either she's wrong, it was bugged at the time, or it can drop from other bosses other than from the first two naga bosses in EoA....

Either way, i want it and I'm sad...lol
    Pretty sure she is mistaken. It only drops from Warlord Parjesh. *EDIT*: others have confirmed that it drops from other EofA bosses, namely Lady Hatecoil.
    Last edited by Regalbeast; 2016-09-16 at 04:09 PM.

Pretty sure she is mistaken. It only drops from Warlord Parjesh.
    This is also wrong, since I got mine from Lady Hatecoil.

It's not beyond the realm of possibility that Xavius could drop it, as he was close to Azshara, I just think that it's staggeringly unlikely.
    I think probably your friend was just wrong and it only drops in Eye of Azshara.

Got my resto skin from Lady Hatecoil as well. On another note does anyone know how to track progression on the different color variants of the skins? Been searching the forums and curse for a add on that might do it but haven't found anything.
    Last edited by Kemgoth; 2016-09-16 at 01:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemgoth View Post
    Got my resto skin from Lady Hatecoil as well. On another note does anyone know how to track progression on the different color variants of the skins? Been searching the forums and curse for a add on that might do it but haven't found anything.
    wait, skin colours are per skin? Was kinda assuming it would unlock all colours at once... >_<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    This is also wrong, since I got mine from Lady Hatecoil.
    Interesting. Wowhead is wrong on the drop then. Good to know!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kemgoth View Post
    This is my question as well. I hate having to do WQ's as Resto so I'd love to know how many more I have to do with the hidden artifact skin equipped.

It does have to be actually on my character, right? I can't just have the appearance "unlocked" and still get credit for the dungeons, WQ's, and HK's?

Good to know! Even though someone on Wowhead said they got the skin from naga trash I'm beginning to think it only drops from Warlord Parjesh.

I really want this skin ASAP so I can unlock the other appearances with it on
    I got mine from Lady Hatecoil, so that's not exactly true.
    http://twitch.tv/fsslgnra Streaming whatever dumb shit I'm doing at the time

Deleted
    So that ele Shaman Lost Codex of the Amani. Seems that no one knows where it is but not that many seems that intrested to find it.

Could someone confirm if I can get the restoration appearance between level 100 - 110 Or do I need to be 110?