Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Phone so typing quoting blah blah blah is an issue, bur last I remembered it wasn't Sony that promised mods, but Bethesda.
    And honestly speaking, flaunting PC gaming for all the power really doesn't say much in terms of the cons too. If you want, look at the computer sub forum on this forum to see the software/hardware issue.

At this point it feels like this www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDMsGl_XxTk
    As derp as it is, this whole thing really is stupid. I still hold the play what you want on whatever platform you want. While idealistic, we shouldn't be PC or console gamers, just gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Sony is making a calculated choice. They're having pricing parity with the current PS4 system, while increasing the specs by what sounds like a decent amount. Now some people are going to be mad and feel burned or like they "have" to buy the new system. But in reality, this merely allows them to provide a nicer incentive to new potential consumers, and who are we kidding ... try to entice people into buying a 4K TV in the shorter term even if they don't buy it right away.

Meanwhile MS sounds to be dramatically increasing the price to "original PS3 levels" or beyond, and that seems like a hard sell at this point IMHO. It literally pushes it up into solid gaming PC upgrade pricing, but then why not just buy the PC? My only guess is maybe they think they can use it as a stepping stone to get console gamers addicted to modern graphics and ween them onto PC hardware/Windows 10 going forward. Seems like a long shot though.
    They have had no prices posted leaked or announced. So stop with the drammitc OMG ITS GOING TO BE 900$.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    They have had no prices posted leaked or announced. So stop with the drammitc OMG ITS GOING TO BE 900$.
    If you knew anything about hardware you would know the XboxOne Scrop would be a $500+ system at lease. To be quite honest I say its at lease $600 unless Microsoft wants to eat the cost.

Its a system running a GPU equal to a 1060/1070, Good chance it will have at lease 1TB HD and Ultra Blu-Ray player. On top of cooling and new CPU you would be out of your mind if you think its less then $500 and that still makes it selling higher then the pro.

By that time good chance the pro will also see a $50 price cut. Its clear that the Pro and the Scrop is catering to two different crowds.

But ether way this isn't the thread to argue about what the scrop will and won't do.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If you knew anything about hardware you would know the XboxOne Scrop would be a $500+ system at lease. To be quite honest I say its at lease $600 unless Microsoft wants to eat the cost.

Its a system running a GPU equal to a 1060/1070, Good chance it will have at lease 1TB HD and Ultra Blu-Ray player. On top of cooling and new CPU you would be out of your mind if you think its less then $500 and that still makes it selling higher then the pro.

By that time good chance the pro will also see a $50 price cut. Its clear that the Pro and the Scrop is catering to two different crowds.

But ether way this isn't the thread to argue about what the scrop will and won't do.
    And that logic about how much hardware costs went out the window last generation when they were sold at a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    And that logic about how much hardware costs went out the window last generation when they were sold at a loss.
    Take a wild guess what they are not doing this gen. If you think Microsoft is going to sell the XB1Scrop at a loss after eating a loss on the XB1 (Due to kinect bombing) you are out of your dam mind.

Originally the XB1 (including Kinect) was making about $20 a system profit.

The loss they would have to eat on the XB1 Scrop to sell it for $500 or less would be so massive, If it bombed you can kiss the XB1 console division goodbye. It isn't like share holders are still asking for them to drop the division since its not making them shit......

But I am done with that since this isn't on topic. Want to talk about the scrop go make a thread for it.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-09-12 at 11:02 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

speaking to a sony rep that goes around the game stores and he was saying the GFX processor is based on the RX 400 series.

Also that VR games need to hit 120 fps regardless of console type or they won't release it (we'll see)

Also HDR is being patched in today (UK) with 4.0 system update

You're talking like the console is coming out this year. By the time MS starts mass producing the Scorpio the cost of everything will be dramatically less than it is now. That's the one benefit of technology....it's always moving forward and older stuff gets cheaper.

Also, Hard Drive Space and the UHD Bluray player aren't really expensive...the only expensive part of it will be the GPU. So...Anything more than $500 is pretty stupid...I'm going to say it's either going to be $500 with a big release bundled in next year OR it's going to be $450.

It will probably be $400 if it's just a gpu upgrade and a cpu overclock like the Pro is.

If however, they completely change the cpu chip to a better one, and change the memory from ancient DDR3 more like $500 is a safe bet.

Deleted
    looks ugly as fuck, you will most likely get nothing for the extra you pay

At the end he makes a comment about 3 display modes you can chose from.

If I recall hearing right those are A) 4k/30fps B)1080p/30fps and C) 1080p/60fps.

The difference between them being graphics and one being 60fps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    You're talking like the console is coming out this year. By the time MS starts mass producing the Scorpio the cost of everything will be dramatically less than it is now. That's the one benefit of technology....it's always moving forward and older stuff gets cheaper.

Also, Hard Drive Space and the UHD Bluray player aren't really expensive...the only expensive part of it will be the GPU. So...Anything more than $500 is pretty stupid...I'm going to say it's either going to be $500 with a big release bundled in next year OR it's going to be $450.
    The BOM is way lower than than $400/500/whatever which is one thing a lot of people forget. If $400 was the BOM, then retail price is more likely around $600 retail. Manufacturing expense and logistics cost a lot.
    From a business and manufacturing stand point, $10-15 at $400-600m (PS4 sales numbers) just in revenue.

Seems like a bit of a joke.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Any GCN 2(? or was it 3) can I think. FreeSync over HDMI was demonstrated well before Polaris was a thing on consumer market.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/news/fre...rtg,32685.html

Seems like my theory might not been far off, so the TVs seem like they are on their way, just curious now if the consoles will support it, no real reason why it can't now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    http://www.tomshardware.com/news/fre...rtg,32685.html

Seems like my theory might not been far off, so the TVs seem like they are on their way, just curious now if the consoles will support it, no real reason why it can't now.
    That would definitely be interesting. If a lot of the controllers eventually get adopted to have HDMI FreeSync then it would definitely be a better possibility, we'll see though.

If you don't already have a PS4, getting this makes the most sense. Otherwise, it's nothing more than a glorified 4K upscaling machine. It doesn't even have a 4K bluray player on it FFS. Why would you NOT include that in a console that is meant to be used on a 4K TV? The whole streaming comment by Sony is nothing but a bullshit excuse for simply not wanting to take the time to include one.

I know they're claiming that this thing will do true 4K at 30fps for some games, but for no more power than it seems to have, the games' graphics will probably look like dogshit. So then you're probably stuck with choosing better graphics/higher fps at 1080p or simply upscaling the 1080p image to 4K. I just feel like Sony tried to release this console too soon and it is looking to still be underpowered for what they're trying to accomplish.

Meanwhile, the Scorpio is sounding like it will be a true 4K console with enough power to actually do shit the right way.....if what Microsoft is saying about it is true. Only time will tell on it of course. Oh, and they're actually including a 4K bluray player in it.....you know, something else that allows you to use your 4K TV even more. Basically, the Scoprio is looking to be a bigger, better PS4 Pro but with even more options and features to go along with it.

If I had to choose between the two based on what we know so far, I'd say Microsoft wins this upgrade cycle. Based on hardware, software, and features.....Microsoft seems to definitely be upping their game while Sony is now halfassing it and sitting on their butts. Of course, I personally feel like Sony has been doing nothing but riding on the waves of E3 2013 still, and getting lazy and complacent. Which is fine.....because it's made Microsoft bust their asses and improve everything of their own, which is great for anyone who wants or owns an Xbox.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2016-09-17 at 03:54 AM.

Problem is the affordability of what you're trying to add to the PS4 pro just isn't happening. Microsoft is really going for broke if they are going to add a 4k Bluray player to their console. Something that is as expensive as fuck and isn't even likely going to become a mainstay in peoples homes. Streaming is the future which the PS4 Pro is going for.

There is no way the Scorpio if it is out in the next 2 years is going to cost under $500. The hardware alone and the 4k Bluray is just too expensive for it to be any cheaper. Going below that Microsoft will be losing so much per sale it isn't going to be financially viable to sell at. Also the Scorpio does NOTHING for anyone that has a half decent PC. Which essentially is EVERYONE. Windows 10 is going to be able to run basically every Xbox one game, even the console exclusives. So it still doesn't give an incentive for these people to actually buy one. Yet things like Uncharted 4 will likely not be coming to PS Now until the PS5 era is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Problem is the affordability of what you're trying to add to the PS4 pro just isn't happening. Microsoft is really going for broke if they are going to add a 4k Bluray player to their console. Something that is as expensive as fuck and isn't even likely going to become a mainstay in peoples homes. Streaming is the future which the PS4 Pro is going for.
    Errr... You do realize the Xbox One S has an UHDBR player in it at $299 right? You realize it's already out on the market right?

Streaming isn't the future of anything, when 1080p streaming is still far below native 1080p content 4k streaming is extremely laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Errr... You do realize the Xbox One S has an UHDBR player in it at $299 right? You realize it's already out on the market right?

Streaming isn't the future of anything, when 1080p streaming is still far below native 1080p content 4k streaming is extremely laughable.
    You do realize the hardware in the system is over 3 years old right? (just based on console release) The tech itself is much older.

The Ps4 Pro's hardware isn't as old and is based on the new AMD Polaris tech.

Not defending the choice fully because I get it, but yes its clear one reason (Not the only reason) UHDBR was not added was due to cost.

Comparing The Ps4 Pro to the XB1 Slim is stupid.

You do realize the hardware in the system is over 3 years old right? (just based on console release) The tech itself is much older.

The Ps4 Pro's hardware isn't as old and is based on the new AMD Polaris tech.

Not defending the choice fully because I get it, but yes its clear one reason (Not the only reason) UHDBR was not added was due to cost.

Comparing The Ps4 Pro to the XB1 Slim is stupid.
    Yes, it wasn't added so Sony could penny pinch $15 per console sold. It wasn't added due to cost, but it wasn't to keep the cost down for consumers as the system is already likely being sold at a profit. The CPU and memory in it are identical to the PS4, with a slight over clock on the CPU. The only upgraded hardware in it is the GPU portion of the APU. Let's not act like they are making it from scratch lmao.

Comparing PS4 Pro to XB1 S is stupid though according to you, so lets compare it to the PS4 Slim. How's that UHDBR player in that there piece of hardware kiddo?

So why are you trying to defend a poster claiming the UHDBR player is some massive price increase when it's not? Do you really think MS is eating losses on XB1 S? LMAO.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-09-16 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yes, it wasn't added so Sony could penny pinch $15 per console sold. It wasn't added due to cost, but it wasn't to keep the cost down for consumers as the system is already likely being sold at a profit. The CPU and memory in it are identical to the PS4, with a slight over clock on the CPU. The only upgraded hardware in it is the GPU portion of the APU. Let's not act like they are making it from scratch lmao.

Comparing PS4 Pro to XB1 S is stupid though according to you, so lets compare it to the PS4 Slim. How's that UHDBR player in that there piece of hardware kiddo?

So why are you trying to defend a poster claiming the UHDBR player is some massive price increase when it's not? Do you really think MS is eating losses on XB1 S? LMAO.
    Clearly you can't read. I never said it was a massive cost and nore did I said it was there only reason. But cost is a reason on why they didn't add it.

The CPU is a 30% boost and the GPU is 2x as powerful, Both being based on AMD's polaris new tech. Notice the word "NEW" because that means it isn't cheap. The hardware in the XB1S is over 5 years old and the system is just a refinement nothing more.

The XB1S is also supporting a 500gig HD at $300 and the Ps4 Pro is using a 1TB. There is many little things adding up to the cost. So if they added the UHDBR they would have to sell the system at $450 to receive profit if not a bit more.

Nether Microsoft nore Sony is going to sell there systems at a loss anymore. Also I wouldn't be surprised if they got data to back up the fact that barely any UHDBR's sell.

Yes comparing the Ps4 pro to XB1 S (Slim not Scrop) is stupid and anyone with half a brain realizes this. With how much they lost on the Ps3 I don't ever see them selling a system above $400 again but that's my opinion.

The XboxOne Slim is just a refinement.
    The Playstation 4 Pro is a true hardware boost.

There is many massive difference's between the two. But like normal tech I don't expect you to know what your talking about.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-09-16 at 02:55 AM.