Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    shadowbolt, guaranteed shard ?
    yeah, cant see that happening. it would become the default filler, and return us to the SB spam of TBC
    Not exactly "of TBC". Back then we hit nothing except shadow bolt. Maybe a Doom at the tstart of a fight.

Would be cool if they gave Immolate a % chance to give a shard per cast. Fill a few more in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paarthurnax View Post
    There isn't enough of a change in the wording of the spell to indicate that this would be the case at all. It's a nerf to our Artifact weapon's ability, maybe they have other changes in the pipe that will make up for this change?
    I wouldn;t bet on it. I think the devs have some sort of black market use for warlock tears.

"It's working, nerf them more"

Bloody hell, never thought I'd see even Gaidax saying "this is dumb"

Saying in a Q&A "locks are immobile cos they are tanky, we want to double down on strengths" and then they actually nerf our survivability ... with no increase in mobility. And oh yeah, lets nerf demonic empowerment too.

Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    Yea, I have never in my life spammed shadow bolts as a destruction spec. Silly.
    Unless not serious you must have never played mid to late TBC, where Destro in PVE was basicly Sac pet before raid (refresh when needed), on each boss fight put up CoD (refresh when needed after 1 minute) and for the rest you would only cast shadowbolt. A true 2 button spec (and if lazy could do make it 1 button, as CoD wasn't even that big of a deal).

I don't like destro change. It is definitely a nerf. If they wanted to boost our mobility (which Ion said they would not intend to do so and ALSO said they would not touch our tankinness) they would have changed something else or switch other talents. It is unbelievable. A few days ago, addressing the community said some things and now does the opposite :S
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Deleted
    hahahaha.

> Blizzard
    > Caring for warlocks

hahaha.

No.

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    Unless not serious you must have never played mid to late TBC, where Destro in PVE was basicly Sac pet before raid (refresh when needed), on each boss fight put up CoD (refresh when needed after 1 minute) and for the rest you would only cast shadowbolt. A true 2 button spec (and if lazy could do make it 1 button, as CoD wasn't even that big of a deal).
    Yea, was not serious . IMO CoD was a dps loss outside of the pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Paarthurnax View Post
    There isn't enough of a change in the wording of the spell to indicate that this would be the case at all. It's a nerf to our Artifact weapon's ability, maybe they have other changes in the pipe that will make up for this change?
    I don't get it. What's the point of making our demons die faster?

Personally I think that they've just started working on warlocks and this change is first of many to actually balance our class.

About destro "nerf" I think it's just balancing. They give us back part of our mobility and let us choose what kind of tankiness we want. To be honest I'm missing Demonic Circle for fights like Cordana in VOTW.

Everyone is slowly starting Doomsaying again. Let's wait a few weeks and see what they come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    I don't like destro change. It is definitely a nerf. If they wanted to boost our mobility (which Ion said they would not intend to do so and ALSO said they would not touch our tankinness) they would have changed something else or switch other talents. It is unbelievable. A few days ago, addressing the community said some things and now does the opposite :S
    Unless these are official, and not datamined only i would wait tbh to make conclusions, who knows how many iterations they are in front in their builds compared to the PTR build that is being released.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, was not serious . IMO CoD was a dps loss outside of the pull.
    Can't remember exactly, but i think in that time with unlimited pots during combat (only the CD) i think CoD lined up perfectly with each Pot and most guides actually recommended to cast it when buffed with a potion. Could remember it wrong though as its a long time ago

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry guys, nerfing us in 7.1 will just make the balancing changes in 7.2 even better for us.

You know, for the six warlocks that will still be playing.

Deleted
    "Soulstone may be used to instantly resurrect a dead target." - I hope this part is not a datamining error. Would be nice to be able to instantly bres people, instead of having a 3 second delay on it.

Edit: Kinda sad that I'm "hyped" about our utility being bumped up to the level of everyone else with similar utility :P

10+ Year Old Account
    So much whining. Locks will be fine with these changes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Care to elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    The irony.

A nerf is just exactly what Demonology needed. TKC was an awful spell, so make it worst.

The Shadowbolt thing for Aff and Destro are the tooltip of the Demo spellbook when you're specced into not-Demo for like 99.99%.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Locks aren't fine by Blizzard's own admission and these changes do jack shit do move them in the direction for the better. So much for your "Locks will be fine".

Quote Originally Posted by Advo View Post
    Don't worry guys, nerfing us in 7.1 will just make the balancing changes in 7.2 even better for us.

You know, for the six warlocks that will still be playing.
    Oooooh, I see. Just like there are six members of the Council of the Black Harvest. That's some meta level of Class Fantasy™
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-09-14 at 11:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    too early to whine, these changes are probably an old build, just to deploy the ptr, don't read it, wait for real patch in a few days

Quote Originally Posted by Tread View Post
    Everyone is slowly starting Doomsaying again. Let's wait a few weeks and see what they come up with.
    So far they've come up with nonsense that runs contrary to their stated plans from what? Two days ago? It's not exactly the best indicator they've suddenly started to have a clue as far as Warlocks are concerned and it smells like more of the same disjointed design.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-09-14 at 11:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tread View Post
    Actually they finally reworked it. Now you just cast the buff every 12 seconds not every demon. I think...
    you still cast it basically after each hand of guldan and dreadstalkers, as it effects only the currently active demons.
    BETA CLUB

10+ Year Old Account

Scrub Resto Druid Trying to Make a Difference

Shadowbolt is a baseline spell for Warlocks.

When you spec Destruction it changes to Incinerate.

Deleted
    Yea, I have never in my life spammed shadow bolts as a destruction spec. Silly.
    i'm pretty sure in tbc destro's filler was shadowbolt