Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I fear that lowered expectations will make the debate very lopsided. Everyone knows who the better/smarter candidate will be, so Trump just showing up and not drooling all over himself might be considered a win.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course they will - Trumpers still think Hillary is the corrupt liar between the two of them. Facts mean nothing to Trumpers - they eat whatever he feeds them.
    Watched an exit interview with some of the people. Some thought a "just a little overweight" and that's it means perfect 100% transparency. Others thought nothing came out of it other than some vague references.

I don't understand this insistence on underestimating Trump, especially regarding debates, considering he utterly annihilated every other Republican candidate.
    Did you see his opponents? All jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I don't understand this insistence on underestimating Trump, especially regarding debates, considering he utterly annihilated every other Republican candidate.
    What works in a primary debate doesn't necessarily work in a general. Different audiences and different audience expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I hope Republicans don't by the Dr Oz BS. Or Republicans don't go to doctors?
    We don't care about trumps health, hes not the one falling down all over the place and having weird health issues every couple of days like his opponent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    What works in a primary debate doesn't necessarily work in a general. Different audiences and different audience expectations.
    Hopefully they check Clintons ears to make sure she isn't wearing a listening device. Its going to look like the scene from 8 mile when poppa doc choked on stage.

I fear that lowered expectations will make the debate very lopsided. Everyone knows who the better/smarter candidate will be, so Trump just showing up and not drooling all over himself might be considered a win.
    That's an excellent point. There's a lot of people who don't follow the sort of daily political news cycle, or maybe only whatever they catch on their local news, but they hear Hilary talking about how absolutely awful Trump is, and setting the bar so low. Like you say, when Trump shows up and isn't foaming at the mouth, people are gonna take him a little more seriously than they perhaps would have otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    We don't care about trumps health, hes not the one falling down all over the place and having weird health issues every couple of days like his opponent.
    I don't know... he looks like he's having episodes.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    His opponents were dumber than he was - the entire GOP field really was a Class of Clowns this year. Too bad because they are a lot of very good GOP possibilities but they didn't show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    I don't know... he looks like he's having episodes.
    He was playing charades and the phrase was "Hillary at 9/11 memorial"

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Did you see his opponents? All jokes.
    Granted, but easy to see in hindsight.

You're likely right, but I think a lot of the skills he demonstrated in the primaries will still carry a fair amount of weight.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    That's an excellent point. There's a lot of people who don't follow the sort of daily political news cycle, or maybe only whatever they catch on their local news, but they hear Hilary talking about how absolutely awful Trump is, and setting the bar so low. Like you say, when Trump shows up and isn't foaming at the mouth, people are gonna take him a little more seriously than they perhaps would have otherwise.
    Its already happening honestly. Look at the breathless reporting over the Clinton Foundation while Trump's foundation is basically a family slush fund but no one expects anything of him anyway so whatever.

His opponents were dumber than he was - the entire GOP field really was a Class of Clowns this year. Too bad because they are a lot of very good GOP possibilities but they didn't show up.
    Maybe they didn't run their campaigns as well or take the same political risks as him, but I don't really think anyone from that field is dumber than Trump.

If you aren't a republican how would you know what good options would be?. Obviously we are polar opposites and whats good in your opinion is awful in ours.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/23eb2...t-flint-church

Well, his visit to Flint didn't go as well as he'd hoped. Shocking.

Its already happening honestly. Look at the breathless reporting over the Clinton Foundation while Trump's foundation is basically a family slush fund but no one expects anything of him anyway so whatever.
    Agree on all counts. Remember when HuffPost refused to cover him on their political page, and would only cover him on their entertainment section? It's like there's a lot of the media still stuck on that mentality. They're simply not subjecting him to the same scrutiny as her, nor to even the scrutiny that a candidate for President deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    http://bigstory.ap.org/article/23eb2...t-flint-church

Well, his visit to Flint didn't go as well as he'd hoped. Shocking.
    Its fine, all he has to do is show up and try. Even picking up 1% extra black votes helps. Adding 1% black votes actually equals a 2% payback because he gets the votes that would otherwise go for Clinton.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2016-09-14 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    Agree on all counts. Remember when HuffPost refused to cover him on their political page, and would only cover him on their entertainment section?
    The ol' days.

Another good example is policy. He manages to say something that is completely unworkable but sounds like something a politician would say. Clinton rolls out an exhaustive mental healthcare plan and crickets.

For all the bitching about this election, Clinton's platform has a significant amount of substance.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Trump goes to a black church outside Detroit and is heckled. And you're surprised? When is Hillary going to the NRA to speak?
    Heckled? He tried to turn an invitation to talk about the water crisis into a stump speech. He was corrected.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Did you all see Trump's campaign manager completely lose her shit in an interview today? Class with a capital K.

Did you all see Trump's campaign manager completely lose her shit in an interview today? Class with a capital K.
    Which interview? I know she's been stumbling pretty frequently as of late, but if there was a proper meltdown I need to see this.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    If you aren't a republican how would you know what good options would be?. Obviously we are polar opposites and whats good in your opinion is awful in ours.
    Because I listen to what a candidate says, not what the media tells me to hear. Trump is a complete media creation - if anyone actually listens to what he says, they vote for someone else.

To your general question - I typically side with the DNC ticket (and the GOP hasn't had anyone attractive for the top role since forever) but I do listen to what they have to say. McCain was a terrific candidate until the GOP elite got ahold of him. Pre-2008 he would have been a very good President.

What makes you think I can't decide what is good for both parties?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Which interview? I know she's been stumbling pretty frequently as of late, but if there was a proper meltdown I need to see this.
    The one on CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/13/politi...-donald-trump/

I feel like I could do a better job of defending Trump, right now, than she ever could. And I hate the guy.

She's yet another train wreck of a campaign staffer that Trump can't help but hire.

Granted, but easy to see in hindsight.

You're likely right, but I think a lot of the skills he demonstrated in the primaries will still carry a fair amount of weight.
    How was it hindsight? If you weren't living in a bubble, you saw how weak his opponents were.