Deleted
    Many people are saying that light brewing has the advatage over BoB that it gives the charges spread out over an even ammount of time but if you think about it, this isn't really the case.

While yes, Lightbrewing does grant slightly more frequent charges over a constant duration, you can do the exact same thing with BoB.

(the following numbers are made up but roughly correct)
    If you use Light brewing you would probably start the fight with 3 charges, use one and then get a new one about every 8 seconds and spent one every 8 seconds, hovering at 2 charges most of the time.
    With BoB you would start at 3, use ISBx3 and then pop BoB. Now you are at 3 charges and only generate one charge about every 9 seconds which seems like more time between brews. the thing is if you still spend one brewcharge about every 7.5 seconds (more often than in the light brewing example) then your brews will go down slowly BUT once they get down to about 1 brew left, BoB will be ready again. Then you use the last charge and pop BoB, starting the cycle anew.

So while BoB does seem like a bursty brew gain choice, you can play around this in a smart way to have the benefits of both worlds (more brews AND very smooth charges). Playing that way it completly obliterates Lightbrewing :/

Deleted
    Which trinkets are considered BiS right now for BrM?

Nerub Violet Hold Trinket?
    Warlord Prajesh Eye of Aszhara Trinket?
    Darkmoon Trinket?
    Chrono Shard Set for 5man Content?

I suppose these would be the clear contenders?

Deleted
    Darkmoon Trinket is Definitely up there. For your second choices theres a few. Number one would be Nerub Violet Hold Trinket but i hear thats a myth, ive never seen it drop and ive done it daily since release! Warlord Prajesh Eye of Aszhara Trinket is shit dont bother. The mastery one from the Archway is also very good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tachyne View Post
    Darkmoon Trinket is Definitely up there. For your second choices theres a few. Number one would be Nerub Violet Hold Trinket but i hear thats a myth, ive never seen it drop and ive done it daily since release! Warlord Prajesh Eye of Aszhara Trinket is shit dont bother. The mastery one from the Archway is also very good.
    Why would the Warlord one be shit?

I saw the nerub trinket drop at 840 last week, it went to our DH.
    Last edited by mmocefe5057e27; 2016-09-14 at 02:48 PM.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    In terms of the mastery breakpoints included in the spreadsheet a couple posts prior, would the 18.90% or the 23.60% be found to be ideal. I've been playing at the 19% mastery with around 30% crib and I'm inquiring if it would be better to sacrifice some of it for the next mastery tier.
    Thanks

Deleted
    Is anybody here any good with math? Im trying to work out exactly how many more brew charges over a 5 min fight Black Ox Brew gives over Light Brewing. Assuming we are around 25-30% Haste and running BOC and ofc your rotation is bang on.

@quizzlemanizzle have a look at this pal.
    http://www.wowhead.com/guides/classe...rewmaster/gear
    Last edited by mmoc424a42f312; 2016-09-14 at 04:15 PM.

I'm at 847 ilvl. My mastery is right about 30% and haste isn't far behind at about 25%. Once we get into raids/M+ should be able to hit 30% with both I would think.

Deleted
    Spreadsheet for Brewgen Its still WIP even thou I am not working on it right now

but at 30% haste and perfect BoC playstyle (never capping energy using KS on CD and always with BoC empowerment) that would net you 13.8 Brews per min with BoB (considering that you get about 2.5 brews from one BoB usage but no energy)
    With Lightbrewing you would get 11.14 Brews per min.
    Without any talent you get 9.5 Brews per min at 30% haste.

So at 30% haste BoB grants + 4.3 Brews/min and LB grants + 1.64 Brews/min (meaning that the exaggeration of "3 times as good" is not even that far off )

However it is important to note that BoB scales not so good with haste, at 0% haste the numbers are 1 Brew/min and 3.7 Brew/min

Deleted
    Just what i was looking for thanks Teabelly. As for BoC im trying it out, some times it feels clunky as in i have the Boc buff but KS is coming of CD soon and i cant fit in another ability or i waste a second or 2 of KS so i just sit there doing nothing for 1 sec lol. I must be doing it wrong. How are you guys using BoC optimally?

Deleted
    There are some skills you can use to fill the gaps, namely the artefact, RJW (if talented), all utility spells, chiwave/burst and i am probably missing some more

But yes that happens to me quite often too. comes down to training i guess. if you have 2 globals left until KS you should go TP BoK KS and not BoK TP KS even if BoK is ready at the first global

7+ Year Old Account
    I m just stating this just in case you haven't noticed but agility increases our Base dodge so our % Mastery Break points decrease with the higher ilv due to having more Agility.

Mastery Break Points aren't Fixed at certain percentages due to agility gains!!

Deleted
    Brewmaster finally got that huge buff we have all been waiting for

Effuse (New) Effuse's healing is increased by 100%. Monk - Brewmaster & Windwalker Spec.

Seriously though, loads of classes have changes but nothing for BM, sigh.

anyone has a macro for orb of torment + exploding keg?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tachyne View Post
    Brewmaster finally got that huge buff we have all been waiting for

Effuse (New) Effuse's healing is increased by 100%. Monk - Brewmaster & Windwalker Spec.

Seriously though, loads of classes have changes but nothing for BM, sigh.
    Most of them are old hotfixes now documented on 7.1 for some reason. Quite sure a "real new" balancing hotfix will come before next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Also, it seems a fair few of the brewmasters in this thread seem to be stacking heavily on Versatility and Mastery. Is that normal / correct gearing? Of course they seem to have cleared all mythics so they must be doing soemthing right... but i was following icy vein's guide and the goal was 30% haste?

What relics are you guys using as well? I'm using 2 x GOTOX so i'm at 25% chance of making a greater healing orb appear. What's your preferred tankign relic?

Quote Originally Posted by sdre View Post
    Also, it seems a fair few of the brewmasters in this thread seem to be stacking heavily on Versatility and Mastery. Is that normal / correct gearing? Of course they seem to have cleared all mythics so they must be doing soemthing right... but i was following icy vein's guide and the goal was 30% haste?

What relics are you guys using as well? I'm using 2 x GOTOX so i'm at 25% chance of making a greater healing orb appear. What's your preferred tankign relic?
    i guess the census is currently:

haste till you feel comfortable > mastery = versatility >= crit

---

There wont be any big changes until some weeks into raiding. Blizz stated that they are waiting to get raid data to make any big changes. so it is just waiting for us what will happen. i am currios what will come if we dont get any buffs or even get nerfed because in Blizz eyes, we are OP ^^

---

i still cant get used to BoB. maybe i use my brews to hasty.
    Also i feel buch better with HT and 100% ISB.. maybe i give BoC another try.. its a curse beeing so lazy while tanking and also enjoying the most complex tank class at the same time XD

Quote Originally Posted by arcuro View Post
    i feel buch better with HT and 100% ISB.. maybe i give BoC another try.. its a curse beeing so lazy while tanking and also enjoying the most complex tank class at the same time XD
    Same, I was using BoC but HT and 100% ISB feels so much better, I don't need to focus in using BoS before anything.

Quote Originally Posted by arcuro View Post
    i guess the census is currently:

haste till you feel comfortable > mastery = versatility >= crit

---

There wont be any big changes until some weeks into raiding. Blizz stated that they are waiting to get raid data to make any big changes. so it is just waiting for us what will happen. i am currios what will come if we dont get any buffs or even get nerfed because in Blizz eyes, we are OP ^^

---

i still cant get used to BoB. maybe i use my brews to hasty.
    Also i feel buch better with HT and 100% ISB.. maybe i give BoC another try.. its a curse beeing so lazy while tanking and also enjoying the most complex tank class at the same time XD
    So you run HT with BoB?

Pull mob, ISB x 3, pop BoB, then Isb again then save remaining 2 charges for purify?

Also, what do you mean by haste still you feel comfortable?

Quote Originally Posted by sdre View Post
    So you run HT with BoB?

Pull mob, ISB x 3, pop BoB, then Isb again then save remaining 2 charges for purify?

Also, what do you mean by haste still you feel comfortable?

That's exactly what I do. HT + BoB is turning out to be my favorite combo. Still gives you tons of brew charges, while being much easier to manage and more forgiving that BoC.

I presume he means haste until you are happy with the number of brew charges you're generating. You need to have enough to purify often but purifying naturally has diminished impact the more you do it.

The icy-veins guide has 30% because then you can use BoS every other global rather than every third, plus the author apparently feels that 30% is a good spot to reach for brew generation. This is assuming I'm understanding the guide properly.

I'm around 20% haste atm so BoC feels too clunky for me. I don't want to sacrifice a ton of item levels just to reach 30% haste, so for now I'm sticking with HT. I like the complexity of BoC, but I also appreciate a simpler rotation that lets me focus on fight mechanics and raid leading more.

Regarding BoB, I've always hated buttons that refill all your resources so I wish light brewing would get balanced better but for now BoB just gives waaaaay too many brews not to take.

Here is the current gear and build, as you can see Im not enchanted or gemmed (waiting till the last possible second due to rng). I have no problem and my self heals are insane, as you can tell by my stat sheet I am not even fully optimized. I absolutely feel I have more control than a Blood DK, Guardian Druid or a Veng DH. Warrior ignore pain is op whatcha gona do, and pallys have a lot of utility. But I dont see why we cant stand toe to toe with them once everyone gets the rotation down. Its really a flow and once you get it your pretty unstoppable. Armory