Page 1 of 2
LastLast

7.1 notes showing feral/guardian losing healing touch, gaining regrowth?

General discussion I thought I'd start on the subject, as I feel as a feral druid, healing touch is the only thing that keeps me alive out when questing or solo. I 'need' that spike in order to survive as there's very few defensive options open to us. By making this change, they're cutting our healing in half under heavy cooldown due to hot clipping, and most likely by around 25% during non-berserk. Think we'll be able to hold out?

Should wait for blue post regarding changes

Quote Originally Posted by Ashroot View Post
    Should wait for blue post regarding changes
    And I intend to wait and see, however 90% of the time these notes are in fact accurate, and this is a discussion, not a complaint.

Actually they buffed regrowth base heal to 350%, so you still get about the same amount, just those 50% missing to the current HT delayed over 6 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    And I intend to wait and see, however 90% of the time these notes are in fact accurate, and this is a discussion, not a complaint.
    Is Regrowth (with its higher crit chance and HoT) that much less than Healing touch?

Deleted
    I'm not too worried about it, considering the fact that a regrowth crit (which is quite likely with feral's crit chance and the (now 40%) increased chance on regrowth) doesn't heal for much less than HT, especially when factoring in the HoT component

Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    Is Regrowth (with its higher crit chance and HoT) that much less than Healing touch?
    60% chance yes, which means I'm depending on RNG to get a proper heal, and right now my healing touch reads out 199,476 healthing, regrowth reads 61,566, with 18,434 after. So yes.

Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    Actually they buffed regrowth base heal to 350%, so you still get about the same amount, just those 50% missing to the current HT delayed over 6 seconds.
    Where was regrowth's base heal increased in the patch notes? I see it for resto, but no one else.
    Last edited by Wolfheart9; 2016-09-14 at 10:16 PM.

Where was regrowth's base heal increased in the patch notes? Must of missed that.
    The spell is listed under restoration, but there decoupled into spec-specific tooltips. Coefficient is 350%, critchance bonus (now 40%) is resto specific.

I read that as if you're resto, you gain an additional 40% crit making it 100 like the old glyph.. we'll have to see. IF the crit stays 60% and IF cat crit works with it to combine to 100%, it won't be too bad, so hoping that's what they're going for.
    Last edited by Wolfheart9; 2016-09-14 at 10:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I read that as if you're resto, you gain an additional 40% crit making it 100 like the old glyph.. we'll have to see. IF the crit stays 60% and IF cat crit works with it to combine to 100%, it won't be too bad, so hoping that's what they're going for.
    It's 40+40, so 80% for Resto (plus whatever crit you have, which is probably close enough to 100% if not over).

For Feral it will be 40+10+your crit, so for example right now I'd have 85% crit chance with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    It's 40+40, so 80% for Resto (plus whatever crit you have, which is probably close enough to 100% if not over).

For Feral it will be 40+10+your crit, so for example right now I'd have 85% crit chance with it.
    Yea, I'd be right around there as well. I'm still concerned over it all because as is I have trouble staying alive with more than 2 strong mobs on me, and I'm 845 ilevel. Here's to hoping it's not the final change though, because even if it did crit in it's current state, that's 120k insta healing vs 200k insta healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, I'd be right around there as well. I'm still concerned over it all because as is I have trouble staying alive with more than 2 strong mobs on me, and I'm 845 ilevel. Here's to hoping it's not the final change though, because even if it did crit in it's current state, that's 120k insta healing vs 200k insta healing.
    I dunno, I was pretty dismayed when I first saw it, but it's the same overall strength but with a much higher crit chance on the biggest portion of the healing. The only main drawbacks that I can see are if you're going to die before the tiny HoT can heal (in which case Healing Touch probably wouldn't have saved you anyway) and it costs much, much more mana, although that's only a drawback for Feral in limited situations.

I dunno, I was pretty dismayed when I first saw it, but it's the same overall strength but with a much higher crit chance on the biggest portion of the healing. The only main drawbacks that I can see are if you're going to die before the tiny HoT can heal (in which case Healing Touch probably wouldn't have saved you anyway) and it costs much, much more mana, although that's only a drawback for Feral in limited situations.
    While partially true, unless I'm reading it wrong, IF you get a crit, then it will need the full HOT duration to come close to healing touch. That's 12 seconds currently, and I dunno about you but I get 5 combo points faster than once per 12 seconds, which means I'll be clipping the heal and wasting it, thus not getting the full heal. Maybe they'll tweak the values, we'll see, but when the PTR is up I'll probably give it a go if they allow character copy.

10+ Year Old Account
    While partially true, unless I'm reading it wrong, IF you get a crit, then it will need the full HOT duration to come close to healing touch. That's 12 seconds currently, and I dunno about you but I get 5 combo points faster than once per 12 seconds, which means I'll be clipping the heal and wasting it, thus not getting the full heal. Maybe they'll tweak the values, we'll see, but when the PTR is up I'll probably give it a go if they allow character copy.
    Healing Touch is 400% spell power on live; 7.1 Regrowth is 350% spell power direct (+40% crit chance) + 60% spell power HoT. And yes, the HoT is a bit long, but it benefits from pandemic refreshing, so there's a 4 second window to not lose any healing from it, although, again, the direct heal is the bulk of the healing.

Healing Touch is 400% spell power on live; 7.1 Regrowth is 350% spell power direct (+40% crit chance) + 60% spell power HoT. And yes, the HoT is a bit long, but it benefits from pandemic refreshing, so there's a 4 second window to not lose any healing from it, although, again, the direct heal is the bulk of the healing.
    I guess I read that wrong as I'm still seeing it as only resto gets that change, but if the spell baseline becomes that, shouldn't be too horrible then. Fingers crossed that it's all correct that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I read that wrong as I'm still seeing it as only resto gets that change, but if the spell baseline becomes that, shouldn't be too horrible then. Fingers crossed that it's all correct that way.
    There doesn't seem to be any "base" Regrowth that I can see, so I'm just assuming they haven't made the existing one baseline yet.

Although Blizzard just tweeted that there were no tuning changes made in 7.1 yet and the Regrowth shown in the datamining is definitely way stronger than on live so this may all be inaccurate at this point.

Deleted
    Not too horrible? The way I'm reading what Tai Rin wrote it's a buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinelol View Post
    Not too horrible? The way I'm reading what Tai Rin wrote it's a buff.
    Will have to try it in practice, because numerically it may be, but if you get some good OOC procs, berserk, so on, where you only have about 6-7 seconds between heals, I just worry it won't be enough. Like I said though if everything lines up as the discussion has gone, it could very well be equal or in fact a buff in some regards. But as said above a tweet went out that the regrowth isn't going to be that strong.

Deleted
    I too was concerned about this, but i just created a PTR Character:

Regrowth (49k mana, 1.3s cast): Heals a friendly target for 173.721 and another 29.778 over 12 sec.

The bonus crit Chance has been removed. This is with Feral spec and 846 gear.
    If you spec into Restoration Affinity, Healing Touch is now in fact weaker in its initial
    heal than Regrowth.

Since the cast time of Regrowth is that much less, and as Feral (or Guardian for that matter)
    you never really tapped into your mana pool with Healing Touch, i see this as a buff, because
    the Heal is now useable in combat with its short cast time, whereas Healing Touch was
    virtually useless without the instant proc.

Some additional info:

I can cast 5 Regrowth in a row before i am OOM.
    After about 20 seconds the Mana is at 100% again.

With Resto Affinity:
    Healing Touch(20k mana, 2.16s cast): Heals a friendly target for 154.039

Hope this clarifies things, and hello, since this is my first post here
    Last edited by mmocb4e6eb5b0a; 2016-09-15 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Typos...

Deleted
    im confused - so regrowth is not gained from Yseras Gift anymore? does it mean i cant use healing touch with guardian affinity anymore, but can cast regrowth now instead?