Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    DE nerf and TKC buff dont seem like tuning yeah. These devs...
    Last edited by Shandalar; 2016-09-14 at 11:53 PM.

...except Demon Skin isn't at level 45. Which it says it is in 7.1.

Remember the like only specific thing except 3 soul shards they said was they don't want to buff our weaknesses, but increase our strengths?

I'm sure forcing us to pick between Demon Skin & Dark Pact is increasing our strengths.

Rofl.

This is a joke.

Deleted
    Now we can't move, dps, or tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonidze View Post
    meanwhile they look to nerf demo locks... as if we were overpowered or even remotely close to that .. =/

Demonic Empowerment Empowers your active demons with dark energies, increasing their haste by 50% and health by 20%(down from 50%) for 12 sec. Warlock - Demonology Spec. 6% of Base Mana. 100 yd range. 1.5 sec cast.
    Which....noone is mentioning, but butcher's the artifact attack considerably....as he eats part of their life for his stink-turd attack.

Some of the datamined stuff makes no sense...and frankly every time I read one of these things, they don't always make sense. I don't think destro is getting Shadowbolt, some of the things like the "buff" to incin are just tooltip fixes (the 210% buff is already in effect). The ones to worry about are the ones where the shift comes in the patch and isn't in response to a change that has already come down. The agony nerf, demo emp nerf, and the demon skin/demon circle swap are things that are new. And to that I say....

That is a bunch of nonsense. I don't think they are going to stand at all. None of it makes sense, and while I personally think they have handled locks terrible for awhile now, even they aren't this dumb. No they cannot be this stupid.
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    With whatever is actually going on, I wouldn't mind Shadowbolt being for Destro if only because having *Incinerate* feels too fire magey to me but that's me >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nethlord View Post
    Which....noone is mentioning, but butcher's the artifact attack considerably....as he eats part of their life for his stink-turd attack.

Some of the datamined stuff makes no sense...and frankly every time I read one of these things, they don't always make sense. I don't think destro is getting Shadowbolt, some of the things like the "buff" to incin are just tooltip fixes (the 210% buff is already in effect). The ones to worry about are the ones where the shift comes in the patch and isn't in response to a change that has already come down. The agony nerf, demo emp nerf, and the demon skin/demon circle swap are things that are new. And to that I say....

That is a bunch of nonsense. I don't think they are going to stand at all. None of it makes sense, and while I personally think they have handled locks terrible for awhile now, even they aren't this dumb. No they cannot be this stupid.
    TKC was also buffed from 6% to 8%. So, 156% * 6% * X (With X being base sum of demon life) = 0.0936 * X vs. 126% * 8% * X = 0.1008 * X.

Your demons will have less life, but your TKC will hit harder (Unless the 6% to 8% change was already in the game before).

Quote Originally Posted by koekai View Post
    i'm pretty sure in tbc destro's filler was shadowbolt
    Hahaha, filler? More like rotation. Anyway I was kidding, I mained destro for pve in TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    DE nerf and TKC buff dont seem like tuning yeah. These devs...
    It actually works about to be a very slight buff to TKC.

Remember we used to have to cast Shadowbolt to keep up the 5% crit debuff when there weren't any mages in the group

15+ Year Old Account
    Remember when each warlock spec had unique fantasy and abilities? That was nice, wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantombox View Post
    It actually works about to be a very slight buff to TKC.
    What I mean is that "no tuning" tweet was false.

I think we have literally done the "DESTRO IS GETTING SHADOWBOLT!" thing every time a patch has hit PTR/Beta since MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    What I mean is that "no tuning" tweet was false.
    It likely wasn't intended to specifically be a tuning change, and was more a gameplay change. They wanted to shift more of the damage from TKC into the spell instead of pet health. The tuning will likely re-target overall damage to be what they want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    I think we have literally done the "DESTRO IS GETTING SHADOWBOLT!" thing every time a patch has hit PTR/Beta since MoP.
    Pretty much. I'd be very surprised if it wasn't just a datamining error.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    It likely wasn't intended to specifically be a tuning change, and was more a gameplay change. They wanted to shift more of the damage from TKC into the spell instead of pet health. The tuning will likely re-target overall damage to be what they want.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much. I'd be very surprised if it wasn't just a datamining error.
    Most likely they intended to nerf the usage of dark pact with empowerment since they moved another shield like talent to that tier. Pets dieing faster and TKC was just a side effect and then they buffed TKC %hp to even out.

Neither destro or affl are getting shadowbolt. All warlocks start with shadowbolt and at some point affl replaces it with drain life and destro with incinerate. The note is refering to the pre-replaced shadowbolt. This change will affect both specs untill they replace shadowbolt with their respective spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Remember when each warlock spec had unique fantasy and abilities? That was nice, wasn't it?
    You'd sac succubus for shadow damage buff, imp for fire buff.

Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post

Would be cool if they gave Immolate a % chance to give a shard per cast. Fill a few more in.
    We already had that and they specifically took it away during the pre-patch, I doubt we will be getting it back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    ...except Demon Skin isn't at level 45. Which it says it is in 7.1.

Remember the like only specific thing except 3 soul shards they said was they don't want to buff our weaknesses, but increase our strengths?

I'm sure forcing us to pick between Demon Skin & Dark Pact is increasing our strengths.

Rofl.

This is a joke.
    I'm already leveling my mage.

It's become clear to me that Blizzard's vision for Warlocks is one I find highly revolting.

The talent changes are insane, thinking back I would have lost so many more battles out in the world if this was how it was from the start. This is the total opposite of doubling down on strengths. Just what is going on?

I highly doubt Destro will get Shadowbolt when that's Demo's thing, and the Destro Relics are Fel and Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatas View Post
    they nerfed warlock's surv.

Nice job blizz.
    Yeah, I agree. Warlocks were tankier in PvP than most tank specs. Totally balanced.