Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    That sounds stupid as hell, really. What is next? 'Dear Fellow Tanks, stop tanking mythics for free!'?
    Plenty of tanks were spamming trade to tank for gold in either mythic or for fast queue times for lfg. This isn't a new thing. It is kinda stupid to think all tanks/healers will do it for no other reason then they aren't all shitbags without people they normally run with.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

No offense OP, but it's posts like this that make me want the death of manually formed group only dungeon content. Stuff like this wasn't fun to deal with at the start of wrath, and it's not that much fun now.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I can do 200+k on fights in Mythics right now easily, but the group I run with is geared and prepared for 5 mans, so the fights are usually less than 45 seconds long.
    "A few hundred k damage" would be a single ability.
    Well you might have broken the full of shit meter with that. Even the first part of your own statement disproves the second half. When you lie to make a point it looses all impact.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

>Charging for heals
    >MFW im a blood DK and i only need you to keep the other 3 retards alive

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    ähh no?

healers/tanks who do their "job" in a game only for cash should be banned for life.
    Why? If the only way I can get a healer for a mythic is to pay them 30k gold, then why shouldn't I be allowed to do it ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I can do 200+k on fights in Mythics right now easily, but the group I run with is geared and prepared for 5 mans, so the fights are usually less than 45 seconds long.
    Okay first of all 200k is not the same as "a few hundred k". That's 2/3 the amount. Secondly, I'd still like to see proof if you're going to make a claim like this, because even looking at simcraft that's pretty hard to believe, considering not only are you spending part of your time healing, but your damaging abilities as a healer are no where near what an actual DPS class can do. http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19P.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell no, you think I will pay for some crap ass healer that is not even over 840+ item lvl by now that the expansion has been out this long? hell no, you should be paying me for carrying your ass through that mythic.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Well you might have broken the full of shit meter with that. Even the first part of your own statement disproves the second half. When you lie to make a point it looses all impact.
    What are you talking about lol? Are we playing two different games? Which part disproves which part exactly? Either way, click the link in my signature and watch the video I made about healers doing DPS. That footage was recorded in the first reset when I was still 830~ without the third relic. Easily doing 100k on the bosses. Now I can burst to about 3-4 hundred k and since everyone else is bursting to around the same, the bosses are dying before CDs are even over.
    And thats WITHOUT prepot or flasks, at least for me.

If there is something else you'd like to discuss let me know, but it seems we aren't on the same page about this topic. Maybe its because you haven't realized how much damage healers can do now?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    i will never pay someone to join my group ever, you must be very entitled if you demand money for healin a dungeon
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Devia View Post
    Okay first of all 200k is not the same as "a few hundred k". That's 2/3 the amount. Secondly, I'd still like to see proof if you're going to make a claim like this, because even looking at simcraft that's pretty hard to believe, considering not only are you spending part of your time healing, but your damaging abilities as a healer are no where near what an actual DPS class can do. http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19P.html
    You are right, I can understand the confusion about "a few." Where I come from, everyone uses "a few" to mean 2-3, but I know that is not the proper usage of it.
    Anyway, here is a video I made for the betterment of the healing community. The footage is from the first reset, and I haven't recorded any footage from last night's run but on the wolf boss in Halls of Valor I did 248k dps on the first half of the encounter and 235k on the second half.
    No healing is needed, and the second half of the fight was 48 seconds long, as I explained.
    You saw that part right? The sims you are linking are talking about fights that are what, 6x longer than what I am?
    But this THREAD is about dungeons, not raids. DPS is an operative word, and in 5 mans burst is all that matters. I certainly will not be doing 200k next week in raids, but in a group where 80 percent of your globals can be DPS there is no reason everyone can't do at least 100k on bosses that short.
    The problem is, people like the ones in this thread seem to either not realize its possible, or be very confused about the changes this game has undergone recently.

I hope that video clears things up. In terms of numbers, at 5:18 in the video we engage the wolf boss I mentioned. The pull there is from the first reset, when I was 830~ and you see the number I was able to post as Holy Paladin.
    I did not record last night's runs because I am trying to balance tanking and healing content on the channel, but I think its fair to say another 50k with 15 average item level increase shouldn't seem so crazy in such a short encounter right? especially considering how much crit I have gained!

edit - also wanted to make sure its clear that damaging spells from healers can and DO do about 75 percent of the same global a DPS can spend. You will never average out ahead in two identically geared dps/healer comparison, but you should absolutely be pushing yourself to maximize every single global on the pull to help your pve skill set.
    Last edited by Hey There Guys its Metro; 2016-09-15 at 12:59 AM.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    ähh no?

healers/tanks who do their "job" in a game only for cash should be banned for life.
    There's a guy on Ravencrest-EU who sells tanking for gold. topkek

Either way, a tank taking 50 percent of his health in 3-4 seconds is fine. He has active mitigation and self healing right? As long as he doesn't take 100 percent of his health in damage in 10+ seconds, your job is done. He is alive, and meanwhile you can add a sizeable portion of DPS to the trash so it dies before his CDs are expired.
    No, letting the tank drop down low is not "fine". I don't want to risk wiping and make the tank blow CDs on trash, just to put out an extra 40-50k dps.

You also have to remember that not all healers are Paladins. Even when I'm going full ham DPS as Disc, I only reach about 100-110k, and that's with the 15% buff for random heroics. Full DPS, barely casting any heals at all.

Yeah, sure, in content that I vastly overgear, like random heroics, I go Disc and add a shitload of DPS. But in mythics, there's so much healing to do that I really don't have time to DPS. I'm spamming Shadowmend most of the time.

Just because you can do something on a Paladin, in a very skilled and coordinated guild group, doesn't mean that everyone can easily do it everywhere. Remember that you are also a Paladin: You're one of, if not the highest-DPS healer, and you have multiple AoE abilities that you can just throw down to do passive damage while you heal...other healers don't have that.

And where is this "200k dps" you're claiming? On trash pulls in your video, you're ending around 60-80k dps and only being around 8% of the damage that pull. And on the first boss, you did a whopping...61k! And the tank dropped to near-death multiple times. Other bosses are the same thing: Sure, when you have wings up and you're just going full ham, you jump right up to 250k...and then slowly go down and down and down from there, ending the fight around 60-80k dps, while letting the tank and DPS drop to near-death over and over.

Also, the fact that you're claiming that tanks can heal themselves better than healers is extremely questionable. Sure, they have cooldowns, but "healing themselves better than healers" implies that they're 100% self-sufficient and don't even need a healer, which is completely false.

Nice bait. 10/10. Got me and others to reply.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-09-15 at 01:38 AM.

Dear Fellow Healers, do a few hundred k DPS instead of spam healing the tank when he is at 95 percent health.
    I'd pay for that, tbh.
    I'd pay for non retarded DPS who stop standing in shit then spam the DPS meters because they are proud of their AOE dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd never dream to charge people for my healing or tanking for groups.

Dear Fellow Healers, do a few hundred k DPS instead of spam healing the tank when he is at 95 percent health.
    I'd pay for that, tbh.
    lol. healers think theyre special when theyre the ones getting carried. healers should pay to do mythics imo
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Have fun never finding a group. Its one thing to offer to entice a healer when you can't find one, its another for a healer to demand gold to even participate. Plus, its the start of the expansion still. In a week more people will be maxed and running mythics and folks like OP will be left high and dry because there's tons of healers who aren't entitled pricks.
    Yea your angry worldview isn't actually the one that exists. Healers regularly charge on my server, go look at any mythic list...every single one of them is looking for a healer. Supply meet demand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    Yea your angry worldview isn't actually the one that exists. Healers regularly charge on my server, go look at any mythic list...every single one of them is looking for a healer. Supply meet demand.
    I just put my group of 3 people up on the list for Mythic EoA, 2 minutes later we had a healer free of charge. Also, every single one? I get sarcasm, but lets be real here.

Or you could join a guild.

But by all means, only heal when people are willing to pay you. I'm sure you will find pugs/guilds all the time.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2016-09-15 at 03:00 AM.

I'd pay for that, tbh.
    If you think that's what healers are doing in mythics then I wouldn't mind charging you for a run, and I'm usually totally against that sort of thing. The truth is that we're spam healing the dps because they like to stand in shit so they can do a few hundred k DPS and make themselves look nice on the meters while totally stressing out the healers.

I would never pay to have someone join my group. In fact, I'd probably never team up with said person ever again if that was to pop up.

That said, people are free to do and demand whatever they want. As are people from showing how they feel about the former's actions and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I'd never dream to charge people for my healing or tanking for groups.
    But would you accept some gold if someone really wanted to do a mythic and they were willing to pay for your services?

I mean - I'm ready to put up 30k just to get a Mythic Arcway run, I'd like to think that being able to do so would be ok.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.