Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is 850 item level gear incentive enough to do kara?

They said they gave it a weekly lockout so they could make the gear a higher item level. 850 is pretty low considering its rather easy to get that in mythic and mythic plus dungeons. Should have been 860 or 865.

Yeah, the ilvl does not seem to go up all that much anywhere in Legion. I have a feeling I'll be skipping a lot of content this expantion.

It's the same tier tho.

850 base will mean war/titanforges of 855-870 won't be all that rare at all.

I think it's pretty much right on the money.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Having it as heroic so everyone can do it would be incentive, but trying to get a mythic group probably means I'll be skipping it. Not through choice, just through reality.

Will still try and do the attunement though - that should be fun.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still, throw us a bone and make it 860. Everyone will already have close to 850 by the time it releases. Just very underwhelming. Hopefully the bosses each drop a couple hundred base artifact power. That would make it worth, but meh. By the time it comes out that would be 5000-8000 arti power a week which would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    It's the same tier tho.

850 base will mean war/titanforges of 855-870 won't be all that rare at all.

I think it's pretty much right on the money.
    it can proc to the highest ilvl possible

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Having it as heroic so everyone can do it would be incentive, but trying to get a mythic group probably means I'll be skipping it. Not through choice, just through reality.

Will still try and do the attunement though - that should be fun.
    Do you really want to try to do a 9-boss mini-raid with an LFD group? The chances of the whole thing sticking together for the 2-3+ hours it'll take to clear Kara would be slim to none. That's why Kara is Mythic-only, otherwise they'd have to split it into queable wings, which would break the flow of the dungeon. I wish more people would be open to using the premade group finder. I've met a lot of awesome people and I've yet to have a bad Mythic group with it.

10 ilvl is much higher when we are talking about NINE bosses and when you consider the new tforge system.
    But its still a 5 man.
    Do you really think it should drop gear higher than normal raids?
    I do not.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Ainyan View Post
    Do you really want to try to do a 9-boss mini-raid with an LFD group?
    Well, it is a mythic (weekly lock out), so there isn't any other way I'll get to do it. I don't have access to healers or tanks.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

850 ilvl is complete and utter trash, what? Are they serious?
    Normal mode raid requires barely any working brain cells and gives the same ilvl, this is 100% unacceptable. Bait and switch to the extreme. They advertise huge focus on 5 mans and then the expac ends up being raid or die again.

I guess they got our money, so it's all they care about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    10 ilvl is much higher when we are talking about NINE bosses and when you consider the new tforge system.
    But its still a 5 man.
    I do not.
    Considering it will likley be harder than normal raids, yes I do.

Do you really want to try to do a 9-boss mini-raid with an LFD group? The chances of the whole thing sticking together for the 2-3+ hours it'll take to clear Kara would be slim to none. That's why Kara is Mythic-only, otherwise they'd have to split it into queable wings, which would break the flow of the dungeon. I wish more people would be open to using the premade group finder. I've met a lot of awesome people and I've yet to have a bad Mythic group with it.
    I'd be happy if there was a heroic version broken up into wings. That didn't ruin the flow for any of the raids they've done that with, IMHO.

As it stands, I probably won't do it but once to see it, and it'll be well after I outgear it. Same way I'm handling the current mythics.

Also, to be entirely honest, it's kinda a bummer that the entire focus of a content patch is going to be non-queueable content, when even raids have an easier mode in queues. That's just.... weird. I'd probably be a little less put off by that if the raid in the patch was the focus, and the dungeon was not. Really seems like an obtuse way to do things. Hope it's not a sign of things going forward. (If that new raid, too, has no LFR version, I very well may just take an extended break if that's going to be their new design philosophy.)
    Last edited by Otimus; 2016-09-15 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    But its still a 5 man.
    I do not.
    Yes? Have you done normal raids? They are LFR+1.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I'd be happy if there was a heroic version broken up into wings. That didn't ruin the flow for any of the raids they've done that with, IMHO.

As it stands, I probably won't do it but once to see it, and it'll be well after I outgear it. Same way I'm handling the current mythics.

Also, to be entirely honest, it's kinda a bummer that the entire focus of a content patch is going to be non-queueable content, when even raids have an easier mode in queues. That's just.... weird. I'd probably be a little less put off by that if the raid in the patch was the focus, and the dungeon was not. Really seems like an obtuse way to do things. Hope it's not a sign of things going forward. (If that new raid, too, has no LFR version, I very well may just take an extended break if that's going to be their new design philosophy.)
    Queueable content is bad for the genre as a whole. Make friends and join a guild.

Break the flow of the dungeon? What nonsense is this? You mean the constant, overused formula of 2-4 trash packs followed by a boss.

There is nothing wrong with giving players the option to auto-matchmake. They choose that option and deal with the consequences. If people want to feel the "flow of the dungeon" then they have that choice too.

This idea that content can and should only be played in a single way needs to diaf.

Quote Originally Posted by classic username View Post
    it can proc to the highest ilvl possible
    Yes, but it'll be much more common to see a range of about +5 to +20 than +40.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Break the flow of the dungeon? What nonsense is this? You mean the constant, overused formula of 2-4 trash packs followed by a boss.

There is nothing wrong with giving players the option to auto-matchmake. They choose that option and deal with the consequences. If people want to feel the "flow of the dungeon" then they have that choice too.

This idea that content can and should only be played in a single way needs to diaf.
    The only reason anyone would complain about I LFG is because they want to be invited regardless of class, ilevel, spec or anything else that may hinder them from getting in and of course, theyget to put in the most minimal amount of effort since kicking someone requires a vote and in tries WoW fashion, rarely happens even when people are ask for 80% of the run.

You want to see content? Put in some effort and be social in a social game.

Normal mode raid requires barely any working brain cells
    As will Karazhan.

And considering you didn't clean HFC on hc nor nm, and also considering some of your recent posts, I guess you're missing some working brain cells right ?

It didnt ruin the flow of the raids with LFR wings because they were designed to have wings for LFR. A lot of old raids (especially original kara) would definitely have the "flow" ruined.

Deleted

The non-queueable content is one of the best parts of this expansion.
    Doing Arcway and Court of Stars for the first time felt waaaay better then doing any of the other mythic dungeons.
    Going underneath Suramar with a premade group to clear a dungeon thats not faceroll (even though they kind of were with our ilvl) gave a way more epic feel then just queueing for a dungeon u can basically complete without focussing on the game.

Go play on a wod private server if u want all content to be queueable.

seems fine to me? Most people will probably be willing to run it to grab 855-860 bits (especially since 850s are pretty rare in mythic dungeons)