Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post
    Genn's stupid son,Genn's brat..lol.You people are shamelessly showing your Sylvanas fanboyism here.

Liam was a decent character who was just trying to protect his kingdom,his people and his father.Just say it like it is;Sylvanas murdered him.And Genn's thirst for revenge is completely understandable.It is the most understandable,realistic motive for revenge in the world.Only an unrealistic character would be able to work with their son's murderer even if it meant the end of the world.

But i understand that you were hurt that your waifu got bitchslapped and her plans went to hell.
    I don't know whats worse, your standards for a decent character, your bullshit assumptions, or your grammar.

Yeah I don't like Genn Greymane, and I say this as some one who at heart considers himself an Alliance player not Horde player.

PS- Before your supreme ignorance strikes again, no I don't think Genn is a badly written character. I however don't like Genn as a character,as in he's written fine but his actions/stances on things bother me so I do not like him as an individual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Genn Greymane is the best. Jaina is also pretty cool and more sexy ever since she became more hateful.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    My favorite part of the whole thing is how Genn is willing to damn an entire race because his stupid son wanted to be a hero. I'm not defending Sylvanas' actions, I support her cause but not her methods, but Genn's an asshole and I hope we don't have to see too much more of him.
    The forsaken are only really a 'race' by gameplay terms. Really though they are just undead humans or elves and what not. Even if you wipe them all out more can still be risen. What exactly is Sylvanas's cause apart from just killing everything that lives? Is that a noble cause?
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    The forsaken are only really a 'race' by gameplay terms. Really though they are just undead humans or elves and what not. Even if you wipe them all out more can still be risen. What exactly is Sylvanas's cause apart from just killing everything that lives? Is that a noble cause?
    Her cause is to protect and maintain her people, given their affliction that's obviously not as simple as building walls and making Lordaron great again. I'm hoping she'll become a good Warchief instead of a limp wrist like Thrall or tyrant like Garrosh. She's the only interesting female character the WoW team has ever written and I don't want to see her character wasted by turning her into another Arthas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    I don't know whats worse, your standards for a decent character, your bullshit assumptions, or your grammar.

Yeah I don't like Genn Greymane, and I say this as some one who at heart considers himself an Alliance player not Horde player.

PS- Before your supreme ignorance strikes again, no I don't think Genn is a badly written character. I however don't like Genn as a character,as in he's written fine but his actions/stances on things bother me so I do not like him as an individual.
    Considering Genn is completely justified in his actions,hating him for his actions against Sylvanas and the Forsaken still makes you look like a fanboy.

Maybe you should make a Worgen and do the start zone to find out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Eh, even Varian would tell him that he's being a dumbass throughout most of Legion.
    Varian wouldnt,considering he would somewhat understand Genn's situation.He would advice Genn against it,but being a father himself he would most likely not call him a dumbass for wanting to avenge his son.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering Genn is completely justified in his actions,hating him for his actions against Sylvanas and the Forsaken still makes you look like a fanboy.
    That's an interesting interpretation of what I said, where did I say Genn was not justified exactly? I just said I don't like him.

You can dislike a character and still consider their actions as justified.

You seem like one of those people who can't separate not liking how a character is written, and not liking a character for who the character is.

Genn is written fine, I do not however like Genn, and have not liked Genn for a very, very long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    That's an interesting interpretation of what I said, where did I say Genn was not justified exactly? I just said I don't like him.

You can dislike a character and still consider their actions as justified.

You seem like one of those people who can't separate not liking how a character is written, and not liking a character for who the character is.

Genn is written fine, I do not however like Genn, and have not liked Genn for a very, very long time.
    I guess theres no point in debating then.Oh, and im one of those people who dislike a character only if they are written badly,like Medan.I like characters like Arthas,Kiljaedan etc. who are written brilliantly even though they are evil.

Deleted
    Varian wouldnt,considering he would somewhat understand Genn's situation.He would advice Genn against it,but being a father himself he would most likely not call him a dumbass for wanting to avenge his son.
    I don't think that he would entrust Sylvanas the Power of unlimited Val'kyr, a Power that can make her the Lichkings equal.

Genn's stupid son,Genn's brat..lol.You people are shamelessly showing your Sylvanas fanboyism here.
    But i understand that you were hurt that your waifu got bitchslapped and her plans went to hell.
    Whines about fanboys. Spits out the waifu bullshit. Yeah, that's totally not disingenuous.

Liam was a decent character who was just trying to protect his kingdom,his people and his father.Just say it like it is;Sylvanas murdered him.And Genn's thirst for revenge is completely understandable.It is the most understandable,realistic motive for revenge in the world.Only an unrealistic character would be able to work with their son's murderer even if it meant the end of the world.
    Yeah, no. Don't use words you don't understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Genn and Jaina are the only two Alliance characters that show an expectable and logical progression in terms of character development that is shaped by what is happening to them.
    I understand the "expectable" bit, but putting "logical" in the same sentence as Jaina or Greymane and "character development" is just straight up crazy.

Greymane has a personal vendetta against Sylvanas, one so deep that he is willing to divert a large chunk of the Worgen Army from the war effort against the legion AND sacrifice the skyfire all so he can spit in Sylvanas's face, all over something that She is not directly responsible for. A poster above claims that sylvanas murdered his son. She did not. Murder requires intent. She had no intention of killing Liam when he jumped infront of her arrow. He threw his life away trying to be a hero. Greymane would have just as much cause to cry wolf at Sylvanas if Liam had died throwing himself infront of a Forsaken supply cart. Likewise, Sylvanas is not, in any way, responsible for the death of Varian. So basically, out of 3 things greymane has the hateon for Sylvanas over, the only one he really has a claim to is the initial attack on Gilneas.

Jaina is even less logical, as every step of her recent "character development" is predicated around completely ignoring the founding principle of her character in the early games. Jaina worked with the Thrall because she understood that He was an individual, who was not necessarily responsible for, or inheritor of, the "sins of his fathers" (which in this case would be the old Horde). She refused to condemn one because of the actions of many. Yet here we have her starting a personal vendetta against the horde as a whole, because of the action of a few within that horde (mainly Garrosh). And she just keeps spiraling down this path with no logical recourse for why she is suddenly blaming the horde collectively for everything that has ever been done to her. I mean, hell, she STILL blames "The Horde" for Theramore, when the simple fact is that when "The Horde" rose up and collectively rebelled against the very person responsible for the incident is should kind have point out that "The horde" wouldnt stand for that shit either. (Never mind the fact that she pretty much painted the target on Theramore herself, as turning her supposedly neurtal city into a way-station for the alliance war machine kind of voids your standing as a neutral entity and turns you into a military target)
    Last edited by Surfd; 2016-09-15 at 07:41 AM.

Stood in the Fire LegendaryDude's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol at the people saying this is what any realistic character would do. No. A realistic character would put his personal feelings aside while the world is at the brink of annihilation. Only a complete retard would do what Genn does, waste valuable ressources and manpower to get his, at this time, absolutely meaningless revenge, and to weaken a much needed ally in the fight against the Legion. I completely understand Genns hate for Sylvanas, but his action are illogical, neither in the best interrest of his people or the alliance, and, quite frankly, completely insane.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    I don't think that he would entrust Sylvanas the Power of unlimited Val'kyr, a Power that can make her the Lichkings equal.
    Even with the Val'kyr and the ability to create more she wouldn't even be close to what the Lich king is capable of. She is after all only a more powerful banshee.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryDude View Post
    Lol at the people saying this is what any realistic character would do. No. A realistic character would put his personal feelings aside while the world is at the brink of annihilation. Only a complete retard would do what Genn does, waste valuable ressources and manpower to get his, at this time, absolutely meaningless revenge, and to weaken a much needed ally in the fight against the Legion. I completely understand Genns hate for Sylvanas, but his action are illogical, neither in the best interrest of his people or the alliance, and, quite frankly, completely insane.
    We are talking about Genn Greymane, impulsive, reckless, prone to anger, irrational, arrogant and prideful and known to hold a grudge, since the second war. That said I hope he lives through this xpack, the Alliance sorely needs characters like him, to mix things up a little.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2016-09-15 at 09:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    he says for varian,for gilneas for my son. now i know who varian is and what gilneas is but i want to know more information about greymanes son, did sylvanas kill him or turn him into an undead
    The best way to know, if to play the Worgen Starting zone.

The "Liam took the shot therefore Genn shouldn't be mad" argument is hilarious.

If a burglar barges into your home, aims a gun at you, and your son/daughter/father/mother takes a shot meant for you, what the heck kind of reaction do you think you'd have? It sure as hell wouldn't be "well they aimed for me, not my son, so I guess I'll let bygones be bygones."

What do you think Sylvanas was planning on doing to Liam and the rest of the Gilneans once Genn was dead?

If Nathanos took a fatal blow for Sylvanas, her fanboys would be baying for blood endlessly despite being about as prevalent as Liam in the story.
    Last edited by Bigby; 2016-09-15 at 01:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Whines about fanboys. Spits out the waifu bullshit. Yeah, that's totally not disingenuous.

Yeah, no. Don't use words you don't understand.
    LOL.Great argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Please keep the conversation civil, and attack the post as opposed to the poster. This is the first and last notice.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

LOL.Great argument.
    Murder - unlawful killing of a person. Causing death of military personnel during war is not considered unlawful. So yeah, great argument. Yours was not. Glad that we could sort that out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    I understand the "expectable" bit, but putting "logical" in the same sentence as Jaina or Greymane and "character development" is just straight up crazy.
    Thinking that every character has to forgive the Horde whenever it wrongs them is what I find crazy. You expect Alliance characters to be subscribed to forgiveness. There is only so much a character is can or is willing to endure and forgive.

No Horde character has ever done so much for peace between the Alliance and the Horde as Jaina did. Jaina did more than any other character ever did on bringing these two together. She invested everything into peace and in return lost everything. She was betrayed by such the ideal of peace which she pursued no matter what. Genn was betrayed by the ideal of neutrality aswell; Gilneas was walled off because they wanted to have nothing to do with the conflicts beyond their kingdom. He too was betrayed by a benevolent ideal.

Two of the most benevolent and neutral characters were done this much harm, despite pursuing peace and neutrality for the better part of their lives. You need to understand this and if you really do understand it, you will know why their characters' transformation is only logical. They tried being benevolent, they tried leaving others be, they tried helping others/staying away from them and in return got nothing but tragedy upon tragedy as a result of it.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2016-09-15 at 04:36 PM.