Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

500K TICKS of UA. Balanced?

"Warlocks OP"...

"Warlocks over-nerfed now!"...

I died surprisingly fast against a UA lock on my MW monk.
    »How did that happen?« I thought, since Monk is usually super good against dots due to PvP talents.

Anyways, the UA TICKED 500K each

https://i.gyazo.com/56d2a7e4a51c9bed...7c785c9c30.png

As you can see, I did NOT dispel it, since it would have showed in the log.

This seems a bit unbalanced to me.
    And you obviously can't dispel a UA stack, since it will literally oneshot me.

Discuss.

10+ Year Old Account
    That certainly wasn't one cast/stack of UA. The way UA works, the Warlock was most likely allowed to pop CDs and then sink 4 or 5 UA casts into you.
    YouTube Channel - High Rated BGs, guides, and other fun videos.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    As Serious stated that Warlock has the stars align against you with enough Soul Shards available to drop multiple compounding UAs on you with their cooldowns popped. This is a highly unlikely situation for that Warlock. My wife in a Random BG where she can dot the world can barely have enough available to sink 2-3 UAs onto the kill target. It's better for her to spread UA around to add pressure with me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousPvP View Post
    That certainly wasn't one cast/stack of UA. The way UA works, the Warlock was most likely allowed to pop CDs and then sink 4 or 5 UA casts into you.
    I never stated that it was 1 UA.
    It was obviously a UA stack. But thats the affliction burst.
    And 500K ticks is stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuzantar View Post
    Read his reply again

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Read his reply again
    "OP! NERF!" people don't care for reading.

If you had 500k ticks going off you let a well geared warlock with Soul Harvest up sink about 6-8 UAs into you without reply.
    To do so that warlock would have had to have agony rolling on multiple targets to gain soul shards fast enough. These people would also have had to be ignoring the lock.

If you let a caster with cooldowns up tunnel you for 8 spell casts it's not just affliction warlocks that can put out big numbers.
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2016-09-14 at 05:29 PM.

How is that any different from any other class doing the same with a single ability/spell? You only have yourself to blame for letting that happen.

If you let any other caster pop their cds on you and get 8+ casts in freely, you're dead. The difference with warlock is that it gives you a couple of seconds to pop karma or disperse magic.

I've been hit by 2x540k Marrowrend + autoattacks in 2 seconds.
    I've been hit by 5x240k Fel Barrages in 3 seconds.

Yes, this game is as stupid as ever

10+ Year Old Account
    Discuss.
    What's their to discuss? You/your team let a Warlock pop CDs and hard-cast UA on you for 8-10 seconds without bothering to interrupt him.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post

Wait you got hit by 2 Marrowrends and auto attacks in 2 seconds?

and 5 Fel Barrages when it has a 1sec channel in 3 seconds?

Ayye I love it when people don't use their brain when making up bullshit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    If you had 500k ticks going off you let a well geared warlock with Soul Harvest up sink about 6-8 UAs into you without reply.
    To do so that warlock would have had to have agony rolling on multiple targets to gain soul shards fast enough. These people would also have had to be ignoring the lock.

If you let a caster with cooldowns up tunnel you for 8 spell casts it's not just affliction warlocks that can put out big numbers.

I didnt think it was necessary to mention that this was obviously in 3s arena.
    So the scaling is way lower than in world PvP, if thats what u mean.

And no, there isnt any other caster who can do 500k ticks.

I didnt think it was necessary to mention that this was obviously in 3s arena.
    So the scaling is way lower than in world PvP, if thats what u mean.

Because other casters dont tick? I don't see how hard this is. You let a lock dump all his shards into you, when you should have been tunneling him. How hard is that? if you let a balance druid line up his full moon burst, you deserve it. no different here.

That's because their spells work differently.
    No, no other spec has the potential to scale dots in this way. They would've killed you with direct damage instead, and you'd be talking about chain pyroblasts or chaos bolts.
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2016-09-14 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post

I won't deny I've utterly wrecked people as a BDK when they just let me hit them... but what you're describing is nothing but hyperbole.

Marrowrend isn't powerful enough to chunk that much HP per hit. Deathstrike is, but Deathstrike requires runic power, which requires the DK reach you and be allowed to spam rune-spenders on you. You, as a non-DK, should never let that happen.

BDKs are like volcanoes. They are practically stationary and can only hurt you if you stand around like a sensory-deprived mollusk until it's too late.
    Last edited by Lord Havik; 2016-09-14 at 08:24 PM.
    ~RAWR!

"Warlocks OP"...

»How did that happen?« I thought, since Monk is usually super good against dots due to PvP talents.

Discuss.
    You are an idiot that let warlocks cast into you and of course then its the warlock fault for been OP!!! learn to play first.

Deleted
    Ignorant qq threads by noobs like this one is what got warlocks gutted.

I hope you get butt bugs, OP.

But thats the affliction burst.
    6-10 globals is not "burst".

"Warlocks OP"...

Discuss.
    As an afflock I can tell you that it's UA crit tick not a normal tick, the only way to get to 500k UA non crit tick is to stack around 9-10 UAs, which is pretty impossible >.>

Furthermore, a 200k ~ average UA tick means around 6-7 UA stacks , so let's recap on something first:

The warlock used a couple of globals to set up instant dots on u ( let's assume 3 globals ), then after using soul reap spammed 7 UAs into you ( while you were watching the scenery) , so that's 10 globals ( 15 secs ) for that pathetic lock to reach optimal level of output which is 250k tick per 2 secs with low chances of crits and you're calling this OP ? are we playing the same meta ? how fast can a DH in meta deal 500k to u ? a split second ? do you die when a DH or rogues or WW .. warrior/ feral look at you ?

Please stop spreading random hate when you've no idea what you're talking about.

Also learn to pick up the healing sphere pvp talent vs an afflock so u can remove UA entirely without getting hit by the backlash.