Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Warlock Nurfed (You SHould Have Stayed Quite!)

Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)

Demon Skin and Demonic Circle have swapped talent locations.

Hilarious, with massive threads posting feedback and blue posts we get a 7.1 PTR that actually nurfs the class in PvP! This changes means the player can no longer take both Demon Skin+Dark Pact (Sacrifices 20% of demon health for a 400% shield) ..

Be aware for those who don't play Warlock, even with stacking of all CD's (Demon Skin+Dark Pact+Unending Resolve (40% damage reduction for 8sec with 3min CD) a single Feral will burn through all of that in seconds .. Yes One Feral alone .. A Monk WW will pop Serenity and burn through all of that .. Again a single build in 8sec will nullify all of that ..

While Demonic Circle (Portal) is amazing on arena maps with elevation or any maps with ways to break line of sight, Acti-Blizz has opted to increase mobility rather than improve 'tankiness' which a blue post said they WILL NOT DO!

It is clear blue posters are meaningless and whatever they say is just fire fighting ..
    Last edited by Cempa; 2016-09-15 at 05:52 AM.

Just gotta come in and say that Warlocks are dumb in PvP. They are pretty damn consistently going immune to everything. Imagine if a Paladin had a Bubble that was off cool down faster, its stupid. This Nerf for PvP needed to happen, I also feel like I should point out, this is for PvP, this has literally nothing to do with the petulant kiddos Blizzard calls Warlock players screaming they aren't pulling number 1 DPS. Things will get fixed, they always do, it may not be timely, but it will happen.

t. Shaman main since 2007

10+ Year Old Account
    A caster class that can unload damage on multiple targets from a distance, can no longer be wailed on by 3+ people and survive. News @ 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)

Demon Skin and Demonic Circle have swapped talent locations.

Hilarious, with massive threads posting feedback and blue posts we get a 7.1 PTR that actually nurfs the class in PvP! This changes means the player can no longer take both Demon Skin+Dark Pact (Sacrifices 20% of demon health for a 400% shield) ..

While Demonic Circle (Portal) is amazing on arena maps with elevation or any maps with ways to break line of sight, Acti-Blizz has opted to increase mobility rather than improve 'tankiness' which a blue post said they WILL NOT DO!

It is clear blue posters are meaningless and whatever they say is just fire fighting ..
    Unsure how this is a nerf in PvP, Demon Skin is much less valuable than Dark Pact and as such is much easier to give up for Demonic Circle. Definitely seems like a welcome buff.

Quote Originally Posted by dyzz View Post
    A caster class that can unload damage on multiple targets from a distance, can no longer be wailed on by 3+ people and survive. News @ 11.
    We certainly could not survive being trained by 3 people before this change, and actually after this change our survivability should be fairly improved. If you and two friends couldn't kill a single warlock you might want to give up on the whole player vs player thing.
    Last edited by Applenazi; 2016-09-15 at 05:58 AM.

(40% damage reduction for 8sec with 3min CD) a single Feral will burn through all of that in seconds
    That's a leather melee problem, not a warlock problem. They said that mobile classes (read: leather melee) will do less dmg for how mobile they are, but they didn't deliver on that promise. Hense why rogues / ww / dh are running amook destroying everything. Once they get nerfed you wizards will ruin another season -- I'm calling it right now that with all the wizard-whining blizz will cave in and overbuff ints while once again leaving str (and possibly agi) in the dust.

as a DK I'm having a hard time handling ferals / rogues as well because they're just too damn durable for how much damage they do, and for how easy it is for them to escape. Especially assassination rogues, who can just dot me up then cloak -> vanish and I'm just dead.
    Last edited by Saberstrike; 2016-09-15 at 06:00 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have you even played at 110 or just butthurt shitposting based on prepatch? It only takes a single melee and 10seconds at max lvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought that it was a buff and warlocks can get demonic circle+dark pact. Almost the same survivabilty + extra mobility
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    This isn't the pre-patch, shouldn't take more than 1 person to kill a warlock now.

The changes the OP mentions are probably a buff though - the absorb isn't enough to save you from the retarded melee output + CC + interupts, might as well try to run away with a portal, though there are more than enough gap closers to deal with that too.

Deleted

"omg I can't facetank, burst, and never be interrupted and teleporting against 3 players, warlocks are dead its over"

No wonder most of these warlocks just care more about being MOP level of stupidity rather than improving mechanics

- - - Updated - - -

And by the way, dear warlocks, you are not the only class in this game that needs a buff, stop pretending you are the special snowflake that deserves all the attention and needs to silence any other complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I thought that it was a buff and warlocks can get demonic circle+dark pact. Almost the same survivabilty + extra mobility
    Not even close. we now have to choose between 2 tankiness talents when we currently have both and not even that seems strong enough atm.

Besides circle seems weak in anything but platform based areas since the current fotm ( leather melee ) can gap-close several times over with no effort.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Not even close. we now have to choose between 2 tankiness talents when we currently have both and not even that seems strong enough atm.

Besides circle seems weak in anything but platform based areas since the current fotm ( leather melee ) can gap-close several times over with no effort.

Tankiness doesn't mean just standin still casting things and ignoring 3 melees on you. It means you can survive longer at melee range than most casters but you still have to fear and other CC.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the big deal, this seems like a buff to me. Now I can take an instant-cast horror or an instant-cast aoe fear as well as Demon Skin.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Quote Originally Posted by Livevil View Post
    Have you even played at 110 or just butthurt shitposting based on prepatch? It only takes a single melee and 10seconds at max lvl.
    Killing a demo lock really isnt that easy still. Sure the other 2 specs suck a bit, but killing a demo is a pita.

Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    Killing a demo lock really isnt that easy still. Sure the other 2 specs suck a bit, but killing a demo is a pita.
    But why shouldn't we be tanky? Too used to tunnel train locks as free kills? Shouldn't we be tanky considering the low damage / lack of mobility? Or are you saying no lock should even pvp. Because if you're a serious pvper, you know just like me that WoW pvp is be op or go home.

Meanwhile....still waiting for leather melee nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Applenazi View Post
    Unsure how this is a nerf in PvP, Demon Skin is much less valuable than Dark Pact and as such is much easier to give up for Demonic Circle. Definitely seems like a welcome buff.

We certainly could not survive being trained by 3 people before this change, and actually after this change our survivability should be fairly improved. If you and two friends couldn't kill a single warlock you might want to give up on the whole player vs player thing.
    Demonic Circle has no value when every melee class has multiple gap closers.

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    Tankiness doesn't mean just standin still casting things and ignoring 3 melees on you. It means you can survive longer at melee range than most casters but you still have to fear and other CC.
    And does it say anywhere in my post that you dont have to fear and "other non existant CC "?

I don't know why you're assuming things on my behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    I don't see the big deal, this seems like a buff to me. Now I can take an instant-cast horror or an instant-cast aoe fear as well as Demon Skin.
    Half empty, half full

Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    I can't imagine anything easier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeranath View Post
    I can't imagine anything easier.

Yes, a shadow priest and elemental shaman

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    Yes, a shadow priest and elemental shaman
    It's easier to kill a caster that actually has some methods of escape than one who is simply tanky?