Quote Originally Posted by Tiduas View Post
    Judging by the direction the PTR is going for, it's time to try out assassination for real now!
    In what ways is it better on PTR?
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    In what ways is it better on PTR?
    It's not. Pretty much all of those changes are already on live.

I am assuming the kingsbane combo point thing means on application? Or will we be swimming in combo points while its active?

Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    It's not. Pretty much all of those changes are already on live.
    This.
    Im assassin and this isnt the to go.
    Aoe still lack...and no one improvement in a single spell. Only king. ....bad blizzard! Bad!

edit: whats?
    Stab (New) An instant strike that causes (360% of weapon damage) Physical damage. Awards 1 combo points. Rogue - Assassination Spec. 40 Energy. Melee range. Instant.

???
    Last edited by bigsuirlife; 2016-09-15 at 07:08 AM.

Deleted
    They better not give us Stab but not Shiv; what are they smoking.

Still want Crimson Tempest back, it has synergy dammit.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsuirlife View Post
    This.
    Im assassin and this isnt the to go.
    Aoe still lack...and no one improvement in a single spell. Only king. ....bad blizzard! Bad!

edit: whats?
    Stab (New) An instant strike that causes (360% of weapon damage) Physical damage. Awards 1 combo points. Rogue - Assassination Spec. 40 Energy. Melee range. Instant.

???
    Thats the spell for new rogues who start to level. Will be replaced at lvl 36.
    "Men, Women and Children. None were spared the masters wrath. Your Death will be no different" - Falric

Quote Originally Posted by Kelthu View Post
    I don't know how you do 200k dps in assassination, I think your fights are short. I made all mythics and my boss dog averaged at 170k with 830 gear starting and 195k with 839 gear. Fights lasted ~3 minutes. Not skipping mechanics!
    235k on a fairly long mythix xavius kill, including being silenced and losing about 10% uptime on rupture because of it, 260+ is not uncommon and i already burst over 650k on start, should be well over a mill after tier and actual trinkets.

What kind of gems should I be using?

I have like 3% versatility almost 40% crit and 95% mastery, gemming vers seems pointless in my case, does it really matter what gem I use?

Still 3% with 3 gems, who cares I'll just leave them
    Last edited by tylenol; 2016-09-16 at 06:31 PM.

I've been gemming crit since the stat priority is agi>crit>vers>mastery>haste
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

go crit, versa is good only in single target. with 2 target mastery reduce the gap with versatility and if i dont remember wrong with 3 target master>vers
    meanwhile crit is still above the other stats

Hey guys,

I'm fairly new to the rogue class, so please keep that in mind.

First things first, I love how Assassination plays. Watching that Ally Demon Hunter bleeding to death makes me giggle irl. + it feels very rogueish.
    I'm kinda turned off by the design of outlaw. Pirates are entertaining, but the rogue class should stay away from Pirates of the Caribbean imo.´

I've read a lot and, as of now, it seems that Outlaw outclasses Assassination in AoE fights. I'm 102, still Assa and on the edge of switching to Outlaw. But I don't want to. I wanna deal damage. So I should go pirate. It's back and forth in my head. I like daggers more than swords. I like the sound these artifact daggers make.

Rogue is a core DPS-class and always will be, so I am supposed to deal damage.

Long story short: Am I forced to switch from Assassination to Outlaw? To not be a burden for my group? Doing well in AoE phases seems so important...and I got Fan of Knives as Assassination...FeelsBadMan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyska View Post
    Hey guys,

First things first, I love how Assassination plays. Watching that Ally Demon Hunter bleeding to death makes me giggle irl. + it feels very rogueish.
    I'm kinda turned off by the design of outlaw. Pirates are entertaining, but the rogue class should stay away from Pirates of the Caribbean imo.´

I've read a lot and, as of now, it seems that Outlaw outclasses Assassination in AoE fights. I'm 102, still Assa and on the edge of switching to Outlaw. But I don't want to. I wanna deal damage. So I should go pirate. It's back and forth in my head. I like daggers more than swords. I like the sound these artifact daggers make.

Long story short: Am I forced to switch from Assassination to Outlaw? To not be a burden for my group? Doing well in AoE phases seems so important...and I got Fan of Knives as Assassination...FeelsBadMan.
    Assassination is perfectly viable at the moment and very strong in some situations but will fall off on single target later into the patch unless they address some balance issues.

Deleted
    Hey guys,

I've ran a few dungeons with an Assa friend and he gives me a run for my money at times. (I'm outlaw) but overall and more so on bosses I win. It's viable though. However in raids with an outlaw rogue, don't expect to compete.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    I've ran a few dungeons with an Assa friend and he gives me a run for my money at times. (I'm outlaw) but overall and more so on bosses I win. It's viable though. However in raids with an outlaw rogue, don't expect to compete.
    I do ok in AoE. Not the best for sure but for boss fight I always top meter by a good 10 to 15% at least. I am an Assassination spec as well. I try outlaw but I am always energy stave waiting for the energy bar to fill. Not in assasination though.

Does anyone have a set of logs from some Mythic dungeon clears as assassination? I'd like to see overall where the spec is at. Full clears with as many as possible would be awesome.

Hey guys,

My personal opinion, I love assassination. It's my go to spec any chance I can get. However, Blizzard can not get it right ever. Currently it's behind outlaw in both single target and aoe by a good bit when it should be well above in single target. Come heroic/mythic raiding gear, even sub will pass it and it will be much much farther behind outlaw. So if dps is your main concern then go outlaw. If enjoying the class and the rogue feel is more important then stay assassination.

Quote Originally Posted by Enitzu View Post
    My personal opinion, I love assassination. It's my go to spec any chance I can get. However, Blizzard can not get it right ever. Currently it's behind outlaw in both single target and aoe by a good bit when it should be well above in single target. Come heroic/mythic raiding gear, even sub will pass it and it will be much much farther behind outlaw. So if dps is your main concern then go outlaw. If enjoying the class and the rogue feel is more important then stay assassination.
    That's disheartening. I'm going to stay Assassination in raids for as long as I can because I really like it and I do not want to be a pirate.
    Member of every Blizzard beta club.

15+ Year Old Account
    How did your alls raids go last night as mut? We got nyth down on heroic (we went in blind, none of us tested on beta), and as assass I was top dps, and above a fairly skilled outlaw rogue. I maintained around 220k throughout the fight, did 90m dmg, and finished at 188k dps (lot of movement in this fight avoiding bugs on heroic) Our kill time was about 10 seconds before enrage hah. (Can provide a post kill screenshot for the plebs who will inevitably cry out that it's impossible for mut to beat outlaw)

I was bleed specced, not poison, choosing exsanguinate over agonizing, and rupture was 35% of my dmg. One attempt 43%. It's huge. The relics that increase rupture dmg are crucial.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Deleted
    Hey guys, any ideas how big 30% AGI nerf in PvP is? Sounds really bad, but some numbers for clarification would be nice... Just got back to WoW so not sure about this.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvee View Post
    Hey guys, any ideas how big 30% AGI nerf in PvP is? Sounds really bad, but some numbers for clarification would be nice... Just got back to WoW so not sure about this.
    Probably means an Assassination Rogue can't load you with DoTs in a handful of globals, vanish and watch you melt in to a pool of tears, blood, and poison.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.