Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Legendaries this expansion...

Bad implementation.

Either you make everything that drops from mythic raiding legendary or you don't just drop legendaries randomly.

I think raiders (people committing to the game) should have this 1st before anyone else.

An mmo should be about the more you do in a game the stronger you get and not just an Overwatch version of Wow where everything is balanced and everyone has the same gear and just some people have better achievements and ratings.

Also I guess blizzard did this sort of to force people run HC's etc... well guess what... it doesn't fix anything. Raiders will still form their own 5 mans running through useless content (for them).

Note I AM NOT A RAIDER, and hence I wouldn't expect a legendary nor having good enough gear. It just saddens me that this game is getting away from an MMO-RPG, towards to something like a moba or a 1st person shooter, where people don't really need to play the game to be able to do things, they just casually need to log in here and there do a quest do a simple dungeon and thats it, they have very little differences to people that spend a lot of time into the game doing hard things.
    Last edited by tratra; 2016-09-15 at 03:05 PM.

I am a Raider, but not hardcore. Just casually with guildies.

Personally, I like the new Legendery system. I havent gotten one yet, but the anticipation of getting one is a great feeling.

If you enjoy the game, you will play it. As long as you dont make it your primary objective to get a legendery, and instead have it has a nice reward and something to look forward to, then I think it works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure world content does not scale with gear after 110. So your power definitely shows.

I also think legendaries are a nice incentive to keep going out and doing world quests. The endgame gameplay has never been more well-structured, diverse and enticing than now in Legion imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    Pretty sure world content does not scale with gear after 110. So your power definitely shows.

I also think legendaries are a nice incentive to keep going out and doing world quests. The endgame gameplay has never been more well-structured, diverse and enticing than now in Legion imo.
    hmm don't know about that. Mobs jumped from 1m hp's to 2m hp's (same ones) in suramar for me once I upgraded my gear.

Mobs definitely don't scale with ilvl. Once you get to 830-840 you stomp through mobs quite easily.

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    hmm don't know about that. Mobs jumped from 1m hp's to 2m hp's (same ones) in suramar for me once I upgraded my gear.
    Suramar mobs were already 2M when I started the chains at 800 ilvl

I think raiders (people committing to the game) should have this 1st before anyone else.
    This is the mindset they are trying to change. People should be able to commit to the game without being forced into playing with 19 others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post

this

/10 chars

Seriously, I don't even understand what you're really whining about or why. First you make a factually wrong claim and than your whole last paragraph, which I guess is meant to encapsulate your point, is just the usual phrase mongering that doesn't say anything at all, and is just nonsense.

You don't want a legendary or what is it? You could destroy yours if you happen to get one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bad implementation.

Either you make everything that drops from mythic raiding legendary or you don't just drop legendaries randomly.

Especially now with scaling (which is bugged) that you go to the outer world having top notch gear and can't stomp on mobs, there is literally no recognition of your gear other than achievements. An mmo should be about the more you do in a game the stronger you get and not just an Overwatch version of Wow where everything is balanced and everyone has the same gear and just some people have better achievements and ratings.

Also I guess blizzard did this sort of to force people run HC's etc... well guess what... it doesn't fix anything. Raiders will still form their own 5 mans running through useless content (for them).

Note I AM NOT A RAIDER, and hence I wouldn't expect a legendary nor having good enough gear. It just saddens me that this game is getting away from an MMO-RPG, towards to something like a moba or a 1st person shooter, where people don't really need to play the game to be able to do things, they just casually need to log in here and there do a quest do a simple dungeon and thats it, they have very little differences to people that spend a lot of time into the game doing hard things.
    I am a raider, and I like the new system. I have no idea why you think we raiders absolutely want or deserve legendaries before non-raiders, seeing you're not even a raider and hence wouldn't know how we feel about it.
    "You can cut our wings but we will always remember what it was like to fly!"
    #nogg-aholic

My opinion: There's no perfect implementation of Legendaries, and it doesn't always have to be the same.

We had plenty of time with the "oldschool" legendary system based on long quests and grindy/low chance raid drops, we had 2 expansions with the "welfare" raid farming + expansion-wide questline legendaries. Now they're trying something a bit different and that's fine.

Personally I think I prefered MoP & WoD's approach (particularly MoP as the questline was quite good), mostly because of how it stays with you throughout the expansion and as you unravel the story - but then again we kinda already have that with Artifacts, so I think the Artifact + random low chance drop from any content is quite interesting / pleasant.

Raiders already get every other piece of gear stronger before anyone else. Do they/we really need to get legendaries first, too?

It's not a big deal.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2016-09-15 at 09:27 AM.

I personally don't like the new legendary system because of how the game has to be balanced around them. It is one of the reasons why hunters have really long cds for aspect of the cheetah and turtle, because legendaries or artifact traits for some specs reduce the cd. I would rather have my abilities not rely on rare gear drops and get powerful items with cool damage/healing procs on them.

The MoP legendary system was the best.

Bad implementation.

By ur logic I should have everything in the game before anyone else because I can clock in 12hrs+ a day 7 days a week.

So no Raiders shouldn't have everything first just because they are raiders and mite put more time into the game then someone else.

You can be committed to the game and not be a raider. Raiders are not special they are a normal player like anyone else.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    I think raiders (people committing to the game)
    You know, "raiders" consists of all kinds of people. It includes those who actively do nothing to help form the raids or manage the guilds, but who simply wait to get on a raid, then just shoot their guns or bolts from some dark corner, hoping to do just enough damage that they don't get kicked out. People who just log in when it's time to raid and do basically very little else.

But yeah... This whole thread is 100% opinion and nothing else, so it doesn't really matter.

I think the Legion legendary system sucks(more so than the way legendaries worked in MoP/WoD). Would much prefer to go back to how they were in Wrath/Cata. There's enough RNG bullshit in the game already(loot RNG, trinket RNG, adding more RNG to specs etc), don't need more of that.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

7+ Year Old Account
    I really like the new legendary system, but i do wish that they would nerf some of them a bit Some of the tank ones are really powerfull, so they could have a huge impact, but ovverall i think it is good that world content can drop some insane items

It creates exitement when you open a emissary cache, which would not happend if they were not within them It also makes world content more lucretive, so that even hardcore raiders can do this, instead of just farming herbs and food for their raiding prep
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephelapoid View Post
    Personally, I like the new Legendery system. I havent gotten one yet, but the anticipation of getting one is a great feeling.
    Pretty much this. I am continuously "maybe from this boss" or "maybe today...." and I'm not even mad, it feels great, but I do admit it's not very rewarding for players or "fair" but yeah life is cruel and sad sometimes.
    TL;DR
    I like this legendary system much more than MoP cloak or WoD ring!

Deleted
    Is it possible not get one? Cuz if it is, it would be horrible.

Deleted
    Some people here are just so aggressive when it comes to raiders, very unhealthy and to be honest just scary.
    You're acting like a raider killed your whole family and kidnapped and tortured you for 2 years. Chill the fuck out.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Some people here are just so aggressive when it comes to raiders, very unhealthy and to be honest just scary.
    You're acting like a raider killed your whole family and kidnapped and tortured you for 2 years. Chill the fuck out.
    And this kids is a post from someone who clearly didn't read anything.

Also maybe a raider did kill my whole family and kidnapped/tortured me for 2 years. You don't know the RP story of my paladin
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I don't mind legendaries. I just wish they were disabled in raiding.