Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    I loved the game for 8 years
    But did you love the game? Because the way your posts comes across its flying you love and not the game.

Think about it, you went from one extreme to another. If your enjoyment of this game hinges on one aspect, flying, then there are greater problems with the game than no flight.

Deleted
    Good. I hope they won't introduce flight until the very end of the expansion. We have enough activity around the maps and with whistle and short flight distances, I could see the game better without it altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    I thjnk the sub numbers alone speaks volumes on the flying issue. The game never has lost as many as quickly until they messed with flying and they tried to outright get rid of it and they had to reverse course in less than 2 weeks..
    Yes let's just ignore the fact wod was one of, if not THE, worst expansions with an awful and derided meme worth selfie patch. Let's just ignore that because it doesn't fit your agenda.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    You see who doesn't love the game. The people who just whistle and taxi service their way around, before they unsub whining on content drought. not having seen or experienced half of it.
    I use the whistle and enjoy it. And you're wrong, I do a ton of world traversal and don't just portal around, as you put it. The whistle for me is a good alternative to flight so I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by vbnm247 View Post
    Yes let's just ignore the fact wod was one of, if not THE, worst expansions with an awful and derided meme worth selfie patch. Let's just ignore that because it doesn't fit your agenda.
    Taking away flying certainly doesn't seem to have helped anything, and adding it doesn't seem to have hurt anything in the past, since sub numbers grew in the expac when it was launched, and were very stable in the next expac. They did decline in Cata, but if we are to believe Blizz, harder 5 mans being the only option other than raids was what was to blame. And even if Blizz weren't being honest about that... people were so excited when Azeroth flying was announced at Blizzcon and of all the issues I saw people have in that expac, I rarely saw "we can fly in too many places now!" mentioned.

I use the whistle and enjoy it. And you're wrong, I do a ton of world traversal and don't just portal around, as you put it. The whistle for me is a good alternative to flight so I'm happy.
    If you like the whistle, that's fine. I am not going to tell you what you should like and dislike. I personally didn't like it because it wasn't useful for the activities I most wanted to do in game, and this is just a secondary thing but it did break immersion for me and made me feel more disconnected from everything. If not for the other issues I have I could probably ignore that second issue. But since the whistle was already not helpful to me beyond using it for the one and a half days it took to finish the 30 world quests for the order hall campaign, the fact it broke my immersion made it seem even worse to me.

Taking away flying certainly doesn't seem to have helped anything, and adding it doesn't seem to have hurt anything in the past, since sub numbers grew in the expac when it was launched, and were very stable in the next expac. They did decline in Cata, but if we are to believe Blizz, harder 5 mans being the only option other than raids was what was to blame. And even if Blizz weren't being honest about that... people were so excited when Azeroth flying was announced at Blizzcon and of all the issues I saw people have in that expac, I rarely saw "we can fly in too many places now!" mentioned.
    Thanks for confirming flight neither hurts or helps.

when you consider the taxi services to be traversing the world sure you consider that you do. you are wrong though, it's a poor experience. very poor. if you tried to read some posts instead of just reading what you want to hear perhaps you would understand. and anyway, you would be pleased either way.
    It takes me to the nearest flight master AFTER I have ran and completed quests, sometimes I'll do a few before having to use it, so yes I do a lot of world travel. I also do a lot of mining and herbing in my alt who is 106.

And I have followed the no flight "controversy" and the arguments have not changed. You have nothing different to say than the first batch of whingers.

Flight didn't hurt things. It may have helped things. I don't want to say it definitely helped because there is no way to prove that but at a bare minimum, it didn't hurt anything, and removing something that wasn't hurting the game's success and that a lot of people like is pretty foolish, especially when they could always make zones that would be particularly affected by flight no fly zones like they did for Isle of Thunder. For me it definitely helped, flying had already been announced for BC by the time I started playing vanilla WoW and it was something I really looked forward to. As a former WC3 player it's possible I would have kept playing long enough to kill Arthas in WotLK and have closure for that story line, if flight had never been added in the first place, but there's no way I would have played for 8 years with no flying.
    Last edited by rebecca191; 2016-09-15 at 10:21 AM.

The "you have no argument" argument. Must be the greatest no-flying argument.

Flyers are waiting to play the game, the game that you teleport to passby. Don't feel special just because you pick up some nodes in between a few world quests within a zone. RIDE (which was and still is the prime argument for no flying) from Highmountains via val'sharah to Azuna to Suramar and do every WQ in your path. Then come talking.

Problem again. This takes quite a while, quite a while that people don't have and would rather spend elsewhere. Skipping the content by using taxi services is no solution, other than to severe casuals or people who don't care about the game world. Just sitting in Dala waiting for 7.1.

No flying is as much success as the pvp areas. DEAD. You don't want them to be alive thanks to flying. That says a lot about you.
    I am neither pro or anti flight. I find the arguments funny and ridiculous (from both sides). I enjoy the game with or without. The flight whistle does not portal me to every objective, like you make it sound.

But hey I'm not going to change your mind and I'm not trying to. I just found your comment of loving the game till flight was removed funny. Such a shame you let something so trivial spoil the enjoyment of what is looking to be a pretty good expansion. I'm going back to legion, those world quests won't complete themselves. Enjoy your thread!

Deleted
    I thjnk the sub numbers alone speaks volumes on the flying issue. The game never has lost as many as quickly until they messed with flying and they tried to outright get rid of it and they had to reverse course in less than 2 weeks.
    I think that shows how the majority of the player base feels about flying. Of all things in game why try to "fix" something that wasn't broken nor a problem. And if I hear wpvp people chime in where was the wpvp with no flying for most of WoD or even now in legion?
    Wpvp died due to instanced pvp namely battle grounds.
    Anyone liking travel in the game now I guess likes to waste thier time to get places and actually play the game. I am fine with flying at max level but once I am max level let me fly.
    They acutally dont, i think for probably most people flying aint a dealbreaker. And removing it at the start of an expansion most are praobably okay with, but no flight ever? Im not onboard with that. Probably the majority to, and they should really implement it at 7.1. Cant really se a reason to delay it after that. For the record.

7.2 or 3 is when I am gambling on it. 7.1 is likely when mostly people will come across pathfinder part one. Which is the increased mount speed on the isles.

when the whistle take you to a taxi service and you use that taxi service to get to your next destination, you are practically teleporting around.

i'm not making it sound as such. it is as such.

you confirm that you are pleased either way. iow. you don't care if you have flying, a whistle with minimal CD or insta teleports around. what would make you displeased is if these convenience tools were taken away in same manner as flying have been taken away.

i hate fencesitters, pretending that they don't lean either way that pleases them atm like some diplomat trying to negotiate and accept a compromise (whistle).
    Yet I played through the dredge that was wod without a whistle or portal and I would be doing the same now in legion. The whistle was a nice surprise and again allows me to get back to FM when completing objectives in the world. Still plenty of running around to be done. Don't just hand wave that to fit your agenda.

Fence sitter beats being bitter and miserable every day of the week. I can still enjoy the game

Really is my last post. Enjoy.

I registered to weigh in on this.

So I'm a warrior - I can literally teleport across zones now. Between that, and whistle teleport, and flight path, I can probably do world quests faster than I could have if I had a flying mount instead of those things. I even have those grappling hooks for Stormheim.

And the weird thing is... I'd be okay if I did have a flying mount instead of all those things? (Well, a fast one anyway. A slow one would feel pretty frustrating after years of having fast flight)

So on my end, I don't think it's entirely a matter of convenience. Maybe... the feeling of freedom? The exhilaration of flight itself? Maybe I just like the feeling of flying around. I kind of liked that in superhero MMOs, so maybe it's the same thing here.

And on Blizzard's end, maybe it's not a matter of convenience or making (at least Warrior) subscriptions longer. Maybe their servers just can't handle players going that fast anymore now that they have phasing and cross-realm zones and all that stuff? I remember phasing disagreeing with my flying mount back in Wrath pretty often, when I'd enter areas and long seconds later things would poof into their 'correct' states. And Legion servers seem to have at least some lingering technical problems.

So... I dunno.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogolahst View Post
    Okay, cool. We gonna have another 4k page thread repeating the same things over and over?
    This sounds so funny all of a sudden.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

- - - Updated - - -

You don't think the no flying played a part in WoD being bad? Why do you think they even implemented it? To attempt to cover up for the lack of content and the fact th world wasn't even ready at launch. They had to take time to make the world flight ready and even when they did one could still find areas where they got dismounted. Even though they claimed he opposite.

You do know the whistle has a cool down and takes you only to known flight points. How is that even remotely a flying alternative?

Deleted
    For those people who dont like the game without flying I present you the next WoW-Killer.

Plane Simulator 2016

You don't have that anoying "Combat" feature that you do not like
    You can collect different planes!!
    You can fly all around over the world with a gorgous view.
    PvPers are just on ground exoloding themselves so you're save.
    It's not even Challenging ( I look at you Rebecca who does only content if you're overgeared like you said. Pls just quit this game because you think everyone enjoys playing easy mode and for relaxing and blizzard should cater to you)

Get it now guys I'm having so much fun flying around!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bingbongbrothers View Post
    For those people who dont like the game without flying I present you the next WoW-Killer.

Plane Simulator 2016

It's not even Challenging ( I look at you Rebecca who does only content if you're overgeared like you said. Pls just quit this game because you think everyone enjoys playing easy mode and for relaxing and blizzard should cater to you)

This flight simulator thing is so old, it's not even a bad joke anymore. Is that all you can think of to try to insult pro-flyers? Honestly...

If you like the whistle, that's fine. I am not going to tell you what you should like and dislike. I personally didn't like it because it wasn't useful for the activities I most wanted to do in game, and this is just a secondary thing but it did break immersion for me and made me feel more disconnected from everything. If not for the other issues I have I could probably ignore that second issue. But since the whistle was already not helpful to me beyond using it for the one and a half days it took to finish the 30 world quests for the order hall campaign, the fact it broke my immersion made it seem even worse to me.
    The whistle is a gimmick to hide that Blizzard has become lazy with their game design which is why they like the idea of a no flying world. In before someone tells me they don't save money by making the world non flying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bingbongbrothers View Post

Plane Simulator 2016

Flight simulator sounds better than the rat maze and skinner's box gameplay promoted by Legion to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't think the no flying played a part in WoD being bad? Why do you think they even implemented it? To attempt to cover up for the lack of content and the fact th world wasn't even ready at launch. They had to take time to make the world flight ready and even when they did one could still find areas where they got dismounted. Even though they claimed he opposite.

You do know the whistle has a cool down and takes you only to known flight points. How is that even remotely a flying alternative?
    Yeah this is the heart of the issue. They tried to make a huge gamble hoping players would be okay with gimmicks like garrisons, selfies, etc and they would be okay with the loss of badge gear and loss of flying. Loss of flying was the deathblow to WoD when they dropped the bomb they would not support flying ever again and it would be gone forever on that Memorial weekend. Never forget the betrayal by Blizzard against the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    The whistle is a gimmick to hide that Blizzard has become lazy with their game design which is why they like the idea of a no flying world. In before someone tells me they don't save money by making the world non flying.

- - - Updated - - -

Flight simulator sounds better than the rat maze and skinner's box gameplay promoted by Legion to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah this is the heart of the issue. They tried to make a huge gamble hoping players would be okay with gimmicks like garrisons, selfies, etc and they would be okay with the loss of badge gear and loss of flying. Loss of flying was the deathblow to WoD when they dropped the bomb they would not support flying ever again and it would be gone forever on that Memorial weekend. Never forget the betrayal by Blizzard against the playerbase.
    Yes on a Friday afternoon on that holiday weekend on a little known third party site by the way the announced no flying and they had to retract that less than 2 weeks later. Yeah that was a good idea and the players don't like flying

Yes on a Friday afternoon on that holiday weekend on a little known third party site by the way the announced no flying and they had to retract that less than 2 weeks later. Yeah that was a good idea and the players don't like flying
    At this point I feel like I do not need to rehash that betrayal. From my point of view, I do not think they can earn back my respect, ,so I am looking at it purely from a value point of view of the game. In the past I would look at it from a value and brand loyalty point of view, but that is over with now.

Objectively speaking, I am currently playing a MMOs that does not restrict player movement around the world like Legion's WoW does. They have a dev team that is 1/5 the size of Blizzard but they pump out content faster and more frequently than Blizzard. To me, becoming a life time sub is starting to become a very enticing idea and good value once the holiday season rolls around for that MMO. Legion's 7.1 is probably launching around late fall/early winter most likely but it has nothing of value to me in comparison that would pull me to the expansion.

As time goes on, the value of Legion drops in my eyes without flying, and also the price tag, so I gain everything by waiting to see how round 2 of this fight for flying will unfold.

15+ Year Old Account
    You know that atm there is only a hand full pro flyers keeping this thread alive while its very simple flying comes in 7.2 either play and feel bad or quit and play something else because keep throwing salt at each other in this thread is gonna help jackshit to change that.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog