Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Dear Fellow Healers, do a few hundred k DPS instead of spam healing the tank when he is at 95 percent health.
    I'd pay for that, tbh.
    As a holy paladin, no problem. How much will you pay to see me outdps at least half the group?

On-topic, I only heal guildies and friends. Plenty of tanks and healers around in my experience, only a fool would pay for it.

Whut? Are we healers some kind of sluts now?

This must be the most stupid proposal that I've read here in a while.
    The community is toxic enough, this would make it even worse.

And I would never pay anybody for running a dungeon or raid with me, no healer no tank no dps.

And having instant dungeon queues and getting invited instantly for mythic pugs is enough for me as a healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Devia View Post
    Um what? I hope you mean a few hundred k damage, because most damage dealers don't even do 300k DPS right now.
    I've seen holy pallys do 130-200k single target dps when they don't touch a heal for a little while. Not impossible. Dps you run with sound bad tbh.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who ever feels the need to pay for a heal or a tank deserves it. Neither the tank/healer nor the person buying him is at fault. Buyer is acting out of free will and the inability to find a group of peers to play with, tank/healer just used the demand for them.

People who complain that they feel like they have to do anything to achieve something in a game are stupid beyond reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BondGirl View Post
    What you can go into the dungeon even though you are saved? All bosses will be there just no loot?
    yep, at least on Mythic.

Time to remove healers from the game, they aren't really participating in the fight anyway. We have pet battles now for the girldfriends of our guildleaders to keep them busy.

Deleted
    Or.. Play with your guildie healers / tanks.
    Not in a guild? Play with your ingame friends.
    Got no ingame friends? Roll a healer yourself.
    Don't want to play healer? Rely on group finder to get into mythic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    L M A O what
    Sentiment echoed.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    *please be sarcasm... please be sarcasm*
    More of a joke.. though there is certainly truth to it

Quote Originally Posted by nodq View Post
    We are still in a video game, and this attitude is dumb af, sorry. Do not compare real money outside of this video game to in game currency in a video game. even tho you can buy tokens with it. which is one of the reasons this stupid behaviour came up for so many people.. because gold means game time nowadays. and that's the reason. Just because of that little fact, doesn't mean I have to thrive on it and an be a jerk.
    You find this attitude dumb, others do not, including me, I do not find this dumb at all. Someone is willing to offer me an in game currency which I can use to gain a real life currency one way or the other. You play the game how you wish and I play it how I want. Your speaking like your way of ''playing'' is the right one, which I can say it isn't. Also this behavior has been here since forever, gold has always held a real life worth. May it be legitimate or not.

Give me 1 reason NOT to offer an in game service for a currency instead of farming boars. Because that is exactly what I'd do if I didn't get paid to do a dungeon with someone.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Deleted
    Everyone should be doing that, I only DPS if people pay me. I get loot and I get gold, what's the problem ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    Not sure why you're changing the subject.
    I've had to start using drain life on several ocassions while running mythics just because the healer only knows how to heal the tank.
    Nobody is changing the subject, you are making a terrible argument and get it turned around and thrown back in youf face. Which you dislike so you simple repeat it while pretending the other side needs to justify themselves. That, doesn't work. Not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post
    So, how does that work ? Do you charge for a run or by healing done ? Time spent in dungeon ?

If you fail to dispell in time or fail on a particular healing mecanic, is there a discount ?
    Nah! I just wait for groups looking in trade or other places offering gold. If it's a dungeon I still need all the better. Double profiting! And no, obviously that was your fault for somehow causing me to mess up. Git gud! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Dammpe View Post
    Well here in europe we get our health care free! ( asuming you are from US ^^ )
    I'm from Europe and while we do get health care for free. For the good health care you still have to pay. Public health care is covering increasingly less and less, it makes you a second class patient and leads to longer waiting times (depending on doctor sometimes months). Get private health care and see how big the difference really is, it's incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by GSN View Post
    As a holy paladin, no problem. How much will you pay to see me outdps at least half the group?
    The question is, why would you bother? Yes you get through faster but you also end up doing the DPS job atop of your own. The attitudes and behaviour of DPS in this thread for example is one of the reasons I will never feel bad about taking advantage of them any chance given or letting them die for my amusement if they annoy me.

They are people who think both the tank and healing job is far easier than their esteemed three button rotation, who think they are the ones carrying the group and doing the brunt of the work. Most of them have never healed or tanked in their entire WoW career and now they're expecting healers to DPS atop their main job solely because some of them can. If this is induldged it will only lead to further entitlement and absurdities on their part.

So unless DPS start healing aswell as tanking while still pulling top numbers I'd rather spend 2-3 minutes longer in that mythic dungeon than do anything more than I have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanines View Post
    You find this attitude dumb, others do not, including me, I do not find this dumb at all. Someone is willing to offer me an in game currency
    Exactly, these people are WILLING to pay healers who otherwise wouldn't run that dungeon or pick another group to come with them instead. There's nothing wrong with doing so or taking up these opportunities to make some extra cash. Obviously we have quite a few people who think the healer should be thankfully to the demigods that DPS are for even being allowed into the same dungeon. Who then expect the healer to do a "proper job" and contribute damage approaching their own numbers atop of smoothing out all their mistakes and keeping them alive against their best attempts at getting themselves killed.

Deleted
    I'm already doing it.

Only tagging in random HFC when the call to arms healer is up.
    800 gold, ~200AP and some stat runes for raid <3

If people are stupid enough to do this...well, why not I guess.

But I will personally never participate in this, as a healer or a buyer. Encouraging more entitled attitudes in this game is the last thing the community needs. I would heavily suggest people not do this because you're actively working towards deteriorating the community of the game even further than it already is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    If people are stupid enough to do this...well, why not I guess.

But I will personally never participate in this, as a healer or a buyer. Encouraging more entitled attitudes in this game is the last thing the community needs. I would heavily suggest people not do this because you're actively working towards deteriorating the community of the game even further than it already is.
    More people should do it.
    Why?
    Because it forces people to be nice to others. (or suffer long queenies)
    Guildies dont ask other guildies to pay them for run.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    God forbid you would do a mythic (or anything) because you enjoy it. No, there has to be a quantifiable reward otherwise I'm not even going to bother.

Deleted
    Ironically it is a win-win for the healer. Gold for the run and somewhat big chance the people will be engaged to finish the instance lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun fact: yesterday guild mythic run Violet Hall our healer asks for 10 mins break for dinner, we said lets clear the trash until he comes back. We were mid fight second boss without even needing a healer and it is only the second week of legion, heroics we are 4 dps (1 of them ms healer) and its all fun and gain.
    In a while with some more gear wont even need a healer for normal mythics >.>
    Retired

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Um, have you looked beyond the random group finders lately? It happens all the time in-game that people work together for a common goal, and no, the community is not "truly rotten" because of some dumb post on a forum notoriously populated by people displaying rather unsavory personality traits on a regular basis.

Pretty sure 99% of the community are only grouping up to make themselves progress.

Good luck finding players who wants to group simply to help and socialize for the sake of it.