Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Alchemy - Flasks and ranks

Hey guys,

Since I don't really trust the tooltips regarding ranks ingame as some of them are incorrect; can anyone tell me 100% how do you get higher ranks for flasks and potions? The ingame tooltip suggests its via crafting. Can anyone confirm that?

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avell View Post
    Hey guys,

Since I don't really trust the tooltips regarding ranks ingame as some of them are incorrect; can anyone tell me 100% how do you get higher ranks for flasks and potions? The ingame tooltip suggests its via crafting. Can anyone confirm that?
    I got all my flask rank 2 recipes from the end bosses of the hc dungeons. The ones you have to do for the alchemy quest line anyway. Also some other pot recipe rank 2 dropped for me in dungeon (can't remember which one). So I'm guessing most/some of the rank 2's drop from dungeons. Transmutes I learned by doing transmutes.

Yeah, all flask rank 2 recipes drop from dungeon end bosses. The in game tooltips are simply incorrect.

Deleted
    Thanks a lot, any idea regarding rank3?

The flasks rank 2 dropped pretty reliable, but since then I haven't really gotten anything else. Rare drops or rare discovery, feels kind of annoying. That goes for rank 3 as well, there are reports of people simply discovering it while crafting.

I discovered Rank 3 of the intellect flask within making 10 rank 2 flasks. Since then, I have made probably 100+ of the other 3 (agi, stam, str) rank 2 flasks and have not gotten a rank 3 for any of them.

I got the rank 3 armor potion within 10 makes of the rank 2 as well. I got the rank 3 mana potion after probably 50-75 makes. However, I have made probably 100 leytorrent potions and havent gotten rank 3, have made probably 200 healing potions without rank 3 (the obliterum process here is profitable on my server, but too time consuming for me personally), and 50+ potions of deadly grade/old war without a rank 2 (which it says comes from discovery... so if anyone knows where the DPS potions rank 2 comes from, let me know).

Basically it has been a shit show for me with alchemy this expansion and while it is "cool and fun" to discover rank 3, it seems widly inconsistent to me (which makes it much more frustrating than fun).

Deleted
    I've made 400 flasks and so far no rank 3. Is there any trigger to be able to get that shit? All flasks are rank 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've made 400 flasks and so far no rank 3. Is there any trigger to be able to get that shit? All flasks are rank 2.
    Feel like I'm having much the same problem, the amount of flasks I've made without a single rank 3 in any of them made me think there is some other criteria here before you can start discovering them. Either that, or I'm just very unlucky. Not a fun mechanic either way.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Can someone who has crafted a large number of flasks or potions with rank 3 of a particular recipe calculate what the rank 3 yield is? On my server it seems like a number of people are selling flasks at a huge loss (900g selling price, ~1500g worth of mats). It made me wonder whether rank 3 gives some enormous yield that could make sense of this--I assumed that it would probably only give you an extra 20% or so.

Deleted
    It seems to be completly rng - I made like 3 Int-Flasks got rank 3, made like 150 Agi-Flasks got nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnOfZinthar View Post
    Can someone who has crafted a large number of flasks or potions with rank 3 of a particular recipe calculate what the rank 3 yield is? On my server it seems like a number of people are selling flasks at a huge loss (900g selling price, ~1500g worth of mats). It made me wonder whether rank 3 gives some enormous yield that could make sense of this--I assumed that it would probably only give you an extra 20% or so.
    I had a proc x17 on a potion; I know it's not the kind of info you're looking for, but many people decide to lose some money and force that rank3 sooner, than straight out sell mats. I'm selling flasks for ~1100g each, farming roses myself (250/h) and just buying Fjarn/Fox whenever I see it for a fairly sane amount of gold

I had a proc x17 on a potion; I know it's not the kind of info you're looking for, but many people decide to lose some money and force that rank3 sooner, than straight out sell mats. I'm selling flasks for ~1100g each, farming roses myself (250/h) and just buying Fjarn/Fox whenever I see it for a fairly sane amount of gold
    Farmed mats are not free!

You still have to count the cost on the AH when comparing profitability because you could have simply sold them instead of make the flasks.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Farmed mats are not free!

You still have to count the cost on the AH when comparing profitability because you could have simply sold them instead of make the flasks.
    Well I mean I think he's saying he couldn't sell them because he's making them into flasks to try and proc the Discovery anyway. So he's left with a shitload of flasks at the end he just wants rid of.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Well I mean I think he's saying he couldn't sell them because he's making them into flasks to try and proc the Discovery anyway. So he's left with a shitload of flasks at the end he just wants rid of.
    This^ <3

/thread

Talking about ranks:i have my mats required to make lvl 2 flasks and potions different from the ones listed on wowhead.Do you know if this is a bug or a wowhead error?

Quote Originally Posted by Jhos View Post
    Talking about ranks:i have my mats required to make lvl 2 flasks and potions different from the ones listed on wowhead.Do you know if this is a bug or a wowhead error?
    Probably a wowhead error. There are a lot of them that haven't been updated from Beta. For example they don't have the new numbers to the ancient mana quest rewards in Suramar that boost your maximum mana capacity. A lot of them still show that it rewards you with 3000 more maximum mana instead of 300 like the quest reward actually gives.

Deleted
    Got Rank 2 Potions from the Endbosses in the 2 New Dungeons in Suramar but so far no luck with getting Rank 3.

Deleted
    I think i got rank 3 on health potions by making the daily transmute skins to herbs. Got the recpie in my inventory.

Deleted
    Another 100 flasks later, still no rank 3.

This is ridiculous.

Deleted
    Well... I had to make 400 Healing Potions in order to get Rank 3... So its total RNG :/