Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    As much of a knobhead as he is, he is still a senior Tory and an ex-Party leader, there is no doubt he has contact with May, Davis, Fox and Boris. At least a couple of them have confirmed what he said as well.
    A couple of them have confirmed they are clear they need to go along with brexit as soon as possible?

I would guess it was probably under instruction from May, considering he specifically names three Cabinet members and her. Usually they would be less forthcoming with names.
    So it was a journalist friendly soundbite and means absolutely fuck all, right?

- - - Updated - - -

As much of a knobhead as he is, he is still a senior Tory and an ex-Party leader, there is no doubt he has contact with May, Davis, Fox and Boris. At least a couple of them have confirmed what he said as well.
    Did he not resign from being a senior tory?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    So it was a journalist friendly soundbite and means absolutely fuck all, right?
    It sounds more like passing on approved information, otherwise he would not have given out names.

It is certainly a better source than unnamed person quoting another unnamed person, which some people think is more credible.

Did he not resign from being a senior tory?
    He is still an MP and ex-leader of the party, it is not really a position you can resign from, as it is more of a thing you are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    So you vote and say that you'll leave EU, yet you still remain? Brits - what a bunch of pussy drama queens, lol.
    not pussys when we actually got to vote unlike your country and from the brit hate remark im guessing your from some eastern european country who got deported from UK

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    A couple of them have confirmed they are clear they need to go along with brexit as soon as possible?
    Err...that came from something you quoted, so why are you asking me if they did it?

Deleted
    It sounds more like passing on approved information, otherwise he would not have given out names.

It is certainly a better source than unnamed person quoting another unnamed person, which some people think is more credible.

He is still an MP and ex-leader of the party, it is not really a position you can resign from, as it is more of a thing you are.
    Is that a better source than May herself saying Brexit is not happening unless Scotland agrees?

- - - Updated - - -

Err...that came from something you quoted, so why are you asking me if they did it?
    Im just asking to make sure. It's good that more people are certain that the government is clear that it needs to move on.
    That STILL means fuck all though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that a better source than May herself saying Brexit is not happening unless Scotland agrees?
    And what timeframe did she put on that? She didn't, so why are you assuming it would be later than early 2017?

Can you provide a quote from May saying that Article 50 will not be invoked early next year, as previously envisaged?

- - - Updated - - -

Im just asking to make sure. It's good that more people are certain that the government is clear that it needs to move on.
    That STILL means fuck all though.
    You used it as evidence, admittedly that backfired spectacularly, but still it is kind of dodgy for you to use it and then question its validity when it no longer suits your purpose.

Deleted
    And what timeframe did she put on that? She didn't, so why are you assuming it would be later than early 2017?

Can you provide a quote from May saying that Article 50 will not be invoked early next year, as previously envisaged?

- - - Updated - - -

You used it as evidence, admittedly that backfired spectacularly, but still it is kind of dodgy for you to use it and then question its validity when it no longer suits your purpose.
    Do you have any indications the negotiations with Scotland are going ahead smoothly?
    That's your quote.

Deleted
    I personally don't care if it's 2017 or 2020... Doesn't really negate the fact it's happening

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have any indications the negotiations with Scotland are going ahead smoothly?
    That's your quote.
    Your evidence is that I am not party to talks between May and Sturgeon? How...? What...? I don't even...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I personally don't care if it's 2017 or 2020... Doesn't really negate the fact it's happening
    Or 2025, or 2030, or after the First Contact War in 2157. But it is happening. Pinky swear.

Deleted
    Perhaps we could just stick to facts rather than theory-crafting?

FACTS:
    People voted BREXIT
    We're told Article 50 will/should be invoked during 2017

Everything else is just pointless theories.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Or 2025, or 2030, or after the First Contact War in 2157. But it is happening. Pinky swear.
    Or it will happen in 2017

What's the point in inventing scenarios which a % of people regarding BREXIT do. It's like people magically become clairvoyants

10+ Year Old Account
    To clarify, Djalil was confused by the 2017/2019 thing.

He assumed that when they said the UK would not leave the EU until 2019, that meant Article 50 would not be invoked until 2019.

However they meant that the two year process from invoking Article 50 until the UK formally leaves the EU would END in 2019, so Article 50 would still be invoked in 2017.

I know Djalil got confused by this, as he quoted an article that backed up what I had said and went against what he had said. At some point the penny may drop with Djalil, but it hasn't yet. I live in hope, I am an eternal optimist.

Deleted
    Your evidence is that I am not party to talks between May and Sturgeon? How...? What...? I don't even...
    Wat?
    Do you have any indications that Scotland will agree to brexit or leave UK in around 6 months time?

- - - Updated - - -

To clarify, Djalil was confused by the 2017/2019 thing.

He assumed that when they said the UK would not leave the EU until 2019, that meant Article 50 would not be invoked until 2019.

However they meant that the two year process from invoking Article 50 until the UK formally leaves the EU would END in 2019, so Article 50 would still be invoked in 2017.

I know Djalil got confused by this, as he quoted an article that backed up what I had said and went against what he had said. At some point the penny may drop with Djalil, but it hasn't yet. I live in hope, I am an eternal optimist.
    The article I quoted was actually about the delay in invoking Article 50. Dishonest AND arrogant.
    Stereotypical brit. That's why, when you people go abroad, people spit in your coffees, Kalis. God knows how many youve gulped down.

Deleted
    Wat?
    Do you have any indications that Scotland will agree to brexit or leave UK in around 6 months time?
    Scotland can stamp their foot till 5065, eventually they will either accept certain terms or leave. A country holding two other countries ransom over a democratic vote won't end well

Deleted
    Can we perhaps keep the childish comments regarding 'typical brits' to a minimum please... Banter is one thing but mud slinging is another

Deleted
    Scotland can stamp their foot till 5065, eventually they will either accept certain terms or leave. A country holding two other countries ransom over a democratic vote won't end well
    Like the UK does with 27 other countries?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wat?
    The article I quoted was actually about the delay in invoking Article 50. Dishonest AND arrogant.
    From the article you linked as evidence...

"Britain could remain in the EU until late 2019, almost a year later than predicted, ministers have privately warned senior figures in the City of London.

Theresa May has been expected to enact article 50 in January, setting in train the formal two years of negotiations before Brexit."

"French and German elections are also being cited as a cause for delay. Britain might not invoke article 50 until France has voted next May or even until after the German poll in September, ministers confided to senior City contacts." They are talking about May/September 2017 there.

You literally didn't understand your own source material, you mixed up when article 50 is due to be invoked with the date that the UK formally leaves the EU, i.e. two years later.

Stereotypical brit. That's why, when you people go abroad, people spit in your coffees, Kalis. God knows how many youve gulped down.
    I would guess none, as I don't drink coffee.

Deleted
    "French and German elections are also being cited as a cause for delay. Britain might not invoke article 50 until France has voted next May or even until after the German poll in September, ministers confided to senior City contacts." They are talking about May/September 2017 there.
    That's my favourite part. Delay until every other EU country switches to dictatorship.

Deleted
    Just be happy that you got a ticket out of this mess and run with it.