Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    >top German companies

So.... Mercedes, BMW, Siemens, Bayer and such- companies that are making the world go around with their technological advancements, should employ illiterate people?

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Population growth is -always- a boon in both economic and political power for any nation or political entity. Even if for the first few generations they might be a net loss to the economy, over the long run it'll be a huge positive. That is just pure logic and basic understanding of economics.
    no population growth is not always a boon or india and china would have ruled the world long before USA and UK. a bad population is worse than a low population of good people and it has been proven many times over. why do you think usa is so far behind on per capita lists. cause we have certain communities that weigh us down and are a net negative. think about it, it costs 35k per year to house an inmate. how many people have to pay taxes just to make up that 35k? a good amount and there is plenty more to spend on. so when an uneducated child tells you more people = better times, well you as an adult just know better.

and that is pure logic and understanding of the world we live in not a fairy tale one.
    Last edited by oxymoronic; 2016-09-15 at 12:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    so when an educated child tells you more people = better times, well you as an adult just know better.

and that is pure logic and understanding of the world we live in not a fairy tale one.
    It's because it's the knee jerk response and economic logica that worked in the 18th/19th century but not now when we have automation. There were times when US companies/factories would literally hire immigrants fresh off the boat because they needed men power to work in set factories. Now they don't because a robot is cheaper or it's cheaper to produce elsewhere, like China.

The fact that some people choose not to get with the times and try to become "skilled" or "educated" to be able to compete in the market tells you that they don't care that much about themself. And why would they? They have the nanny state, big govt. to help them get a minimum living stardard that for the west is equal to the standard of the middle-class in India, China or any 3rd world country/region.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Business owners didn't ask Merkel to bring in all these people, why should they be responsible for paying for their training?
    Sure they did. A year ago they all chimed in and said that refugees are all well educated and highly motivated and that we desperately need them. There are countless quotes of Porsche, Daimler etc. CEOs stating that.
    And after they are here they don't hire them. "Oh they are not as good as we thought, let the people pay for them".

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    And replace her with whom exactly?
    Seehofer. I'd prefer him over Merkel any day of the week.

Deleted
    How about "We need people that speak german." or "We got robots for that kind of work."

The answer is because they are leading companies. Try gathering owners of kebab shops instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Merkel will be the end of Europe. And Europe deserves it.
    I don't know about all of Europe. Some of the eastern nations like Hungary are resisting the insanity and being punished by the EU for it. Germany though deserves all it gets for electing this crackpot

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    But that's exactly the point! You don't have the skill, you don't get to use it on unsuspecting customers. If you want to, acquire the skills needed!
    They gotta acquire that skill somehow and in some of the jobs like agriculture or mailing as one of the companies attempted does not particularly require a lot to master. And it's not like al of the existing jobs would be replaced with people who do not have skills. New entry level jobs would be created as companies are no longer punished for doing so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    I don't know about all of Europe. Some of the eastern nations like Hungary are resisting the insanity and being punished by the EU for it. Germany though deserves all it gets for electing this crackpot
    It's because most eastern nations or ones from the ex-soviet block are quite homogeneous in population due to their history and low economic level. Heck even the few that immigrated from far away countries/places adapted and integrated there or they just left. I've met a few blacks from Congo and Nigeria that you could call a black romanians, that's how good they adapted to our values and culture. Same with middle eastern muslim medical students that came here for Uni courses, they adopted a lot of our values and rarely even practice their own religious customs (as in they were muslims, active islamists and having casual sex, drinking and eating pork).

Please Hungarians do us a favour and leave the EU. You take all the economical benefits and contribute shit. You know what, the EU is an economical AND solidarity union. Feel free to leave any time an be on your own without any own meaningful economy or industry. Then celebrate your xenophobic lifes and be happy....

Last interviews I checked from high ranking german poloticians there would have been a huge humanitarian crisis at the door steps of central EU if they wouldn't have been let in. No one was able or willing to help.... It's not that I like it that so many came but they had to do something and as interviews reveiled they mostly had no plan where this was going and just decided it for the sake of humanitarian reasons. However I also think from now on they need to do as much as they can to turn them into tax payers (workers). I'm kind of undecided of what to think of it all. A part in me doesn't like to have that many here, the other part is you can't just let them rot at your door steps. It's mixed emotions. For now I'd say stop letting more in and try as best as you can to integrate them.

I very much like the danish approach where they have to contribute to their integration in order to get welfare.

Deleted
    Wy do they have to explain anything?

Unless specific and concrete deals were made beforehand, they arent obliged to hire any of them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Population growth is -always- a boon in both economic and political power for any nation or political entity. Even if for the first few generations they might be a net loss to the economy, over the long run it'll be a huge positive. That is just pure logic and basic understanding of economics.

Now on the short term, sure it can be regarded as nothing but charity, and I'm not even fond of charity, I particularly don't care about giving anyone charity - if it were up to me white men would still be a privileged class within our society and anyone trying to claim equal rights would be heavily opposed, but don't throw bullshit statistics and out of context lies in my face, because I'll call that out. The anti-immigration camp has nothing to gain from too obviously coming across as liars and fearmongers.
    Going to have to ask you to define "short term" and "long term".

A lot of refugee waves are now on 3rd generation born here, and still a net loss and we're not sure when that's going to change, could easily be another few generations until the total is in the positive. Do people and politicians usually call something a boost to the economy when it's a loss for the first, what, 100 years and possibly longer?

When you make investments and know that you'll be bleeding money for your own and likely your childrens lifespan, possibly longer, is it a failure to understand basic economics to call that a loss?

Teach me this form of economics, because I don't see it being applied in any other political or monetary decision, public nor private.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    This is simply incorrect. A large portion of these migrants are economic migrants.
    The only ones getting a refugee states are actual refugees. You don't get asylum for economic reasons.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    Look at your sig & avatar.
    So you're trying to having on argument on full capitalism working? or what?
    What is the point of your post?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Merkel will be the end of Europe. And Europe deserves it.
    I never get tired of the bullshit you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Watain View Post
    >top German companies

So.... Mercedes, BMW, Siemens, Bayer and such- companies that are making the world go around with their technological advancements, should employ illiterate people?
    They were the biggest supporters of Merkel's immigrant policy.
    The CEOs of those companies voiced their need for new workers multiple times.
    And thanks to that the "we need these people" line was a major narrative in Merkel's propaganda

Germany's Big Automakers See Opportunities From Integrating Migrants
    Daimler wants to search for new workers in the refuge centers now
    Last edited by Vilendor; 2016-09-15 at 02:27 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Sure they did. A year ago they all chimed in and said that refugees are all well educated and highly motivated and that we desperately need them. There are countless quotes of Porsche, Daimler etc. CEOs stating that.
    And after they are here they don't hire them. "Oh they are not as good as we thought, let the people pay for them".

Seehofer. I'd prefer him over Merkel any day of the week.
    Seehofer is all talk no action, really, besides he's not exactly popular outside of Bavaria. If Steinmeier would announce candidacy he would be the next chancellor, either him or Schäuble. [1][2]
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    How about "We need people that speak german." or "We got robots for that kind of work."
    No they would say, We employ the most suitable, and do not care about the inviduel persons ethnic origin. Give us a Syrian refugees with better competence then the ordinary Germans we are hirering and we will hire the Syrian first...

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    Merkel is an idiot.

The reasons for not hiring them a solid ones. You can force these unskilled workers into skilled positions. It just doesn't work that way.
    Merkel is probably the most intelligent politician in the world...
    she's not trying to force refugees into jobs they're not qualified for.
    I've no idea what to write here.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    What is clear is that early optimism that the wave of migrants could boost economic growth and help ease a skills shortage in Germany - where the working-age population is projected to shrink by 6 million people by 2030 - is evaporating.
    How could they actually be stupid enough to think that would happen lol. All the Syrians with marketable skills left Syria long before any of this kicked off. The refugees coming in are the ones who couldn't leave because they were of no use to the outside world. Hell Assad himself left Syria to work in the UK (before his father recalled him after his older brothers death).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raakel View Post
    Then celebrate your xenophobic lifes and be happy....
    Tbh the "eastern europe is xenophobic" rethoric is kinda false. Here in Romania we even have an old say that we romanians would sleep in the back room (worst room of the house) so we can give the good room/bed to a tourist/foreigner. And the customs to great tourist/foreigners and give them water and bread (heavly influenced by christian tradition).

Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    Tbh the "eastern europe is xenophobic" rethoric is kinda false. Here in Romania we even have an old say that we romanians would sleep in the back room (worst room of the house) so we can give the good room/bed to a tourist/foreigner. And the customs to great tourist/foreigners and give them water and bread (heavly influenced by christian tradition).
    Everyone not singing the praises are considered xenophobic. That's how this thing worked since the start when people kept letting Nazi fall out of their mouth to target opposition. It's a wonderful reminder that all these words can be translated into "I don't like you or your ideas."