Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I hate dailies, WQs are a little bit better.
    The WQs offer stuff that is available by other means as well, so we are not forced to do them - barring the 30 WQ quest that is part of the class campaign.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems fine to me.

The OP's claim that you "won't be able to compete" unless you do world quests "every day" is beyond hyperbole and well into the realms of the counterfactual.

Let's be real, six months to a year from now, almost no-one is even going to have played WoW every day, let alone played their main every day. Tons of people will have taken breaks, will have burned out and come back, will have come back "late" (i.e. will have not started Legion yet), will have changed their main for an alt, and so on, and so forth.

On top of that, the massive catch-up systems for Artifact Power will be in place. It will likely be trivial to get an artifact to the 34-point plus range, maybe even to 54 points.

So even IF traits are added and so on (and it is definitely an "if"), this is unlikely to be a real problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Expansion is still fresh, people are still enjoying the new Daily's and other things but let's be honest. Once you have more than one character, once the repetition sends in, once it starts to get stale. This is going to be nowhere near as much fun as it currently is. So while he might be somewhat early in his criticism and overdoing it. This might end up very unfun somewhere down the line and outright aggravating to quite a few people.
    As compared to what, though?

Some imaginary version of WoW that doesn't ever get old? Classic got old - esp. if you were doing virtual dailies to farm reagents and so on, but even if you didn't... TBC got old... WotLK got old... etc. etc. - doesn't matter how good something, it gets old eventually.

WQs are clearly going to age more slowly and less painfully than Dailies. Especially for alts. You seriously think doing X months of Dailies on every alt (as required by many expansions) is less bad than WQs which will at least change, update, and expand?

Deleted
    Seems fine to me

Deleted
    You don't have to do them every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thread turned into potato the second you said something negative about a new expansion everyone is playing.

Personally I'm getting tired of having to do them in order to compete at high(er) levels. I know I don't HAVE to, but if i die in pvp while the other guy lives on 1%, I'm going to be upset.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're better than the one-off go to this place and fill a bar non-sense that WoD was filled with. Besides, patches can change things.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormkhan View Post
    Thread turned into potato the second you said something negative about a new expansion everyone is playing.

Personally I'm getting tired of having to do them in order to compete at high(er) levels. I know I don't HAVE to, but if i die in pvp while the other guy lives on 1%, I'm going to be upset.
    Pretty sure the bolded bit is your problem not WQ design.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have to do WQs for AP.

You can do Dungeons, probably raids and PVP.

I'm happy enough with it, starting to get tired of WQs so I don't do all that I am able to do now, but still think they were a great idea.

Hopefully they add new ones for variety.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind. It's the most fun grind so far so I'm giving it a chance.

After 2 years I get tired of 95% of activities I take part in. Doesn't mean it's bad just that I am human. What matters is was it good for a time and was it something that can maybe grow into something different later.

Its not meant to be religiouslly done every day like many people do. Thats the entire point of artifact knowledge and why there are AP point humps all over the artifact.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

I only do the world quests which give me a potential gear upgrade, or profession materials. I have never done a world quest just for artifact power or order hall resources, lol what a waste of time. If I'm on an Emissary and need an extra quest, sure I'll knock it out but that's every few days. I leave at least half the world quests unfinished and I'm still the deepest into the talent tree as anyone in my guild. This may shock you, but, there are other ways to get artifact power and also you don't actually need to grind artifact power.

I'm ok with it. When I log on, I do the world quests I want to and then ignore the others. I even skipped my Wither training yesterday because I didn't want to do it.

A few dailies aren't that bad esp since it will q up to 12 or w/e. I do think the artifact weapon is cool but systematically has flaws for off specs. It kind of seems that blizzard is hanging their hat on it for the theme of legion, and personally I don't think it's enough to really do that. Now if we had more options in resetting talents or changing traits by earned means it might give it more flavor. Instead it's "you take this to get to this" even if the shit in between is relatively pointless in some cases. Just a thought.

Aslong as they are rewarding sure, i don't mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Max out your Artifact Knowledge and this won't be a problem. Don't forget we have 3 artifacts per class (Druids 4, Demon Hunters 2) plus a fishing pole to level. This is only the first patch. Later patches could easily have drops and quest rewards with greater base AP, that then scale nicely with Artifact Knowledge.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    my god ..... all he asked was how you felt about it.
    not a negative word he said in the OP.
    The fact that you would see it like that is just a sign for you that you folks have automatized whining as part of your DNA to a degree that you don't even notice anymore.

I definitely prefer this over garrisons/apexis bullshit. It was overwhelming at first but I'm taking it easy now. I'd suspect those trying to do everything as quickly as possible will probably get fed-up sooner rather than later.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. The variety of areas, quest types, and rewards are nice and much better than static dailies

Looking forward to it? Nope.

But that doesn't mean I have to do it. So many other things I can do with my time if I get burnt out, so its absolutely no issue for me.