Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Funnily enough i was reading this thread at work today, 4 people in our guild has legs- two casuals, a raider and a raiders alt (lol). This afternoon the two casuals got their second leg... We've had 40+ people clearing mythics on mains and alts since week 1. A few of us have been running heroic speed clear groups in our own time... If this turns out to actually be a bug that exsists it needs to be fixed asap.

Imo legion is the most fun ive had in WoW for a long time but this is certainly tainting that experience. Its clearly a poorly designed system even when working as intended let alone whatever is happening now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Levix View Post
    On top of this there is a top 50 guild with a list of 30 characters that has been reported to blizzard.
    Reported for what?

Deleted
    Jumped over some pages, did someone post this thread to blizzard already? Twitter or offical forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Chucky2910 View Post
    Jumped over some pages, did someone post this thread to blizzard already? Twitter or offical forum?
    I asked them on twitter if anyone has looked into why the people with 2 or more legendaries outnumber the people with just 1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I asked them on twitter if anyone has looked into why the people with 2 or more legendaries outnumber the people with just 1.
    Ya I did as well. Really want to see what they say to this one

7+ Year Old Account
    Yup, only one person had obtained a legendary in my guild, my guild leader, and she has 2 of them already now on the same character. Not one other person has one including the tank that ran every heroic and mythic that was possible, and had the last couple of weeks off so he also did every WQ that was possible too. I didn't play that much so im not going to complain about that, he can, but i definitely played more than the person that got the 2 legendaries, and the tank probably has 3-4 times the play time that she does.

Deleted
    Instead of trying to medically diagnose people here, tell us in every instance (since you used an absolute) where it doesn't hold. Look at every guild mentioned here and show us where the people with 2 or more don't outnumber the people with 1.
    That's kind of hard data to show, really not in the mood for sifting through data on wowprogress to prove a point. Other than word of mouth, which is unreliable af over an internet forum. RNG is RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    That's kind of hard data to show, really not in the mood for sifting through data on wowprogress to prove a point. Other than word of mouth, which is unreliable af over an internet forum. RNG is RNG.
    Well you said none, so even one instance would prove your stance wrong. It would take 2 seconds for you to look at the first guild and be proven wrong.

'RNG is RNG' is not a thing and was explained very well by a poster above earlier.

Deleted
    Well you said none, so even one instance would prove your stance wrong. It would take 2 seconds for you to look at the first guild and be proven wrong.
    None of it actually holds as evidence I mean. The sample size we have here is SO limited it's unreal, you're gathering your data from a pool of like 6 guilds spanning over like 40 players. This isn't how research is done and it literally proves nothing other than you're trying to find a pattern. I take it you're not a research assistant irl

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftzor View Post
    Very interesting that the 4th and 5th drops are in the same order as 1 and 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Cormyr07 View Post
    Reported for what?
    Reported this weird occurrence with legendaries I assume.

Deleted
    Blizzard have all the data, its hard to believe they wont have noticed the bug at this point particularly with more and more players noticing it. The more interesting question is how they will go about trying to fix it. If they are open about it people will flip out at some people getting a perceived headstart, which suggests to me they will try and stealth fix it.

Even if they stealth fix it though, we will see an absolute cascade of legendaries since there are so many active players past the 2 week point where the chance seems to spike. Alternatively they will just reset protection and let people gradually get them over next 2 weeks just as mythic raids are released, problem with that is anyone who didn't get a legendary kind of wasted their time doing anything specifically targetting a legendary over launch period.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    'RNG is RNG' is not a thing and was explained very well by a poster above earlier.
    It's obviously all computer generated, which is next to impossible to be TRULY random, but it's as close as you're going to get. So yes, it's essentially random.

It's obviously all computer generated, which is next to impossible to be TRULY random, but it's as close as you're going to get. So yes, it's essentially random.
    I think he's implying due to the fact that there is no true magical RNG button, there can always be issues/bugs with the way RNG is simulated and implemented.

I think there's definitely something off here, and blizzard will most likely stealth fix this to avoid mass whining and hysteria over a patch note "fixed a legendary droprate bug that involved X" lol.

None of it actually holds as evidence I mean. The sample size we have here is SO limited it's unreal, you're gathering your data from a pool of like 6 guilds spanning over like 40 players. This isn't how research is done and it literally proves nothing other than you're trying to find a pattern. I take it you're not a research assistant irl
    Considering at least 25-30 guilds (Might be more, rough guesstimate) have been mentioned in this thread with an average of 30-40 active players and it's pretty much the same for 95% of those mentioned, that's at least 800-900 people combined just in this thread. That's a decent enough pool of people to go 'Hey, maybe there might be something worth checking in to?'
    Last edited by Shigeru; 2016-09-15 at 02:15 PM.

Alright, guys, I've solved the algorithm. 99% of players will never see a legendary. The lucky 1% will each have massive quantities to choose from.

The 1% will control the majority of legendary wealth. They've set up the algorithm to mirror our real economy. It's ingenious.

Quote Originally Posted by madindehead View Post
    Very interesting that the 4th and 5th drops are in the same order as 1 and 2.

Reported this weird occurrence with legendaries I assume.
    I found it more interesting that THEY ARE ALL SHAMAN...lol.

In my guild we have seven. Three people have two while one person has one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shigeru View Post
    Considering at least 25-30 guilds (Might be more, rough guesstimate) have been mentioned in this thread with an average of 30-40 active players and it's pretty much the same for 95% of those mentioned, that's at least 800-900 people combined just in this thread. That's a decent enough pool of people to go 'Hey, maybe there might be something worth checking in to?'
    I'm talking about actual players who have the items equipped on them. So actual links or guild names with the players. We're looking at the players who A) Have a Legendary item and players who B) Have 2 Legendary items. Not the players who have apparently witnessed this, so to be clear, it's the the actual guild links and players involved were the numbers are important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanderhuge View Post
    Alright, guys, I've solved the algorithm. 99% of players will never see a legendary. The lucky 1% will each have massive quantities to choose from.

The 1% will control the majority of legendary wealth. They've set up the algorithm to mirror our real economy. It's ingenious.
    I don't see the problem, the benefits will trickle down to the rest through boosts and giving the 99% something to aspire to seeing people with 5-6 legendaries