Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    and nothing of value was lost

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Ion's the lead encounter designer, right?

Last I heard, raid encounters were the one thing that WASN'T lacking in WoD. At least that seemed to the be the popular opinion DURING WoD. I only watched the raiding scene last expansion, I don't really have first hand experience.
    He's much more than that. He's kind of the last say in what you are saying here, but he is also massively responsible for many terrible things that happened in wod.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kurdi View Post
    Oh boy, Ion is the new Ghostcrawler now I guess.
    Not remotely. Not to mention the game had greater success with gc. Facts are facts.

It's the same thing that happened when Lore got hired as a CM. He went from representing the community to representing Blizzard to the community. He shut his vlog/podcast/whatever down because it was a conflict of interest. Same deal with EJ.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    Not really tiresome considering his record, or are you one of the 7 people in reality that enjoyed wod?
    I enjoyed the raids. What's your next argument?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Eh, a message board isn't really the same as a podcast. He could easily have just passed the reins to someone else, but the reality is that the site was in the shitter long before that anyway.
    They did pass the reins. The site was sold to Ten Ton Hammer.

I just laugh my ass off, how people can compare Icy-Veins with the f****** ELITIST JERKS?????????

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Is this the site that was making argument about been a non-clicker could make you do 40000000 more dps and you could run super mythic run(only) ?

And those guys got a job at Blizz ? no wonder why this game turned to shit

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    I enjoyed the raids. What's your next argument?

- - - Updated - - -

They did pass the reins. The site was sold to Ten Ton Hammer.
    Because that was his only job right? Read what he was responsible for before responding again. Your stale argument to defend a guy when you obviously don't even comprehend what all he does with the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Is this the site that was making argument about been a non-clicker could make you do 40000000 more dps and you could run super mythic run(only) ?

And those guys got a job at Blizz ? no wonder why this game turned to shit
    shit? shit? shit? WOW is better than ever with Legion!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Ahem. Let's bring this all together.

The GM of Elitist Jerks, Ion Hazzikostas, was hired by Blizzard as a developer. Some others might have been too, I dunno. Either way, at that point he could no longer be the GM of a high profile guild that does that much theorycrafting, so the project was shuttered. Icy-Veins is the place to go for that sort of information now.
    Actually, Discord is. Icy-veins is not uptodate most of the time, class discord servers is where most of the theorycrafters for each spec gather.
    Wowhead has excellent guides and information these days that is fed by those very theorycrafters.

Deleted
    He's much more than that. He's kind of the last say in what you are saying here, but he is also massively responsible for many terrible things that happened in wod.
    Lol, I see it's happening again. I guess the cycle has reset. Ion is The Guy. So now people in the forums think he's calling all the shots, doing all the designs, coding all the hotfixes, rebooting servers and literally everthing that happens at Blizzard is all of a sudden the work (and FAULT!) of a one guy. We know. For absolute, undeniable certainty that he is - in fact - responsible for that terrible, terrible feature. And that he is - destroying the game. Killing it dead.
    And the the guys we used to hate... They're golden gods now.

- - - Updated - - -

Because that was his only job right? Read what he was responsible for before responding again. Your stale argument to defend a guy when you obviously don't even comprehend what all he does with the game.
    What was he responsible for then? Oh do pray tell in detail, you person who knows exactly how Blizzard design teams work. Maybe you work there? You must, since you seem to be in the know. You want to leak some juicy stuff about their internal team structures, their morning scrum sessions (Ion leads them all, doesn't he - simultaneously, globally?) Tell me, I'm literally holding my breath now. So excited. You're going to post his job description, right? Blizzard org charts and project plan for WoD? C'mon man... this is awesome!

Lol, I see it's happening again. I guess the cycle has reset. Ion is The Guy. So now people in the forums think he's calling all the shots, doing all the designs, coding all the hotfixes, rebooting servers and literally everthing that happens at Blizzard is all of a sudden the work (and FAULT!) of a one guy. We know. For absolute, undeniable certainty that he is - in fact - responsible for that terrible, terrible feature. And that he is - destroying the game. Killing it dead.
    And the the guys we used to hate... They're golden gods now.

- - - Updated - - -

What was he responsible for then? Oh do pray tell in detail, you person who knows exactly how Blizzard design teams work. Maybe you work there? You must, since you seem to be in the know. You want to leak some juicy stuff about their internal team structures, their morning scrum sessions (Ion leads them all, doesn't he - simultaneously, globally?) Tell me, I'm literally holding my breath now. So excited. You're going to post his job description, right? Blizzard org charts and project plan for WoD? C'mon man... this is awesome!
    So you want me to do footwork for you. Got it. A simple google of his bio will help you out. I'm not gonna continue on with someone who purposely is being willfully ignorant to argue on the internet.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Forum became over-moderated, causing most valuable posters to slowly retract to other theorycrafting forums. Most casual players followed them.
    This is the actual answer. Valuable posters were banned / shunned because they disagreed with more popular / known posters. Discussion was discouraged, fellating more well known posters was encouraged even when they were wrong.

Deleted
    So you want me to do footwork for you. Got it. A simple google of his bio will help you out. I'm not gonna continue on with someone who purposely is being willfully ignorant to argue on the internet.
    Ah, too bad you gave up. I was looking forward to the discussion of inner workings of Blizzard's design teams.
    Having been a Product Develeopment Lead in Fortune 200 company for the past 20 years, I was thinking you maybe could have given me some new pointers on how design teams can be distilled into just one person who calls all the shots..

That would mean quite the savings for my company. Millions of dollars actually.
    Well.. maybe next time..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Ion's the lead encounter designer, right?Last I heard, raid encounters were the one thing that WASN'T lacking in WoD. At least that seemed to the be the popular opinion DURING WoD. I only watched the raiding scene last expansion, I don't really have first hand experience.
    i guess you forgot about the 14 months of HFC and highmaul was burned through fast by most within a month and the same with BRF, id like you to look at how many raids there was in WOTLK where they had a smaller team than they do now, we had, EOE,NAXX,OS,ulduar,ICC,trial of the crusader, so dnt ever say wod wasnt lacking, it was lacking in every way if a team of around 90 people in wrath can make all those raids but a team of around 250 only make 3 raids for wod thats fucking embaressing

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    So does it mean that WoW nowadays is developed by, literaly, a bunch of elitist jerks??

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Actually, Discord is. Icy-veins is not uptodate most of the time, class discord servers is where most of the theorycrafters for each spec gather.
    Wowhead has excellent guides and information these days that is fed by those very theorycrafters.
    What about mmo-c class forms? And whom are the people that design those simulationcraft.org dps lists and talent breakdowns and whatnot?

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    i guess you forgot about the 14 months of HFC and highmaul was burned through fast by most within a month and the same with BRF, id like you to look at how many raids there was in WOTLK where they had a smaller team than they do now, we had, EOE,NAXX,OS,ulduar,ICC,trial of the crusader, so dnt ever say wod wasnt lacking, it was lacking in every way if a team of around 90 people in wrath can make all those raids but a team of around 250 only make 3 raids for wod thats fucking embaressing
    Stop being so incendiary Mr. Furry.

Also, Wrath had 3 single-boss raids, a rehashed vanilla raid and the failure that was Trial. So yes Wrath padded the numbers with "lots of raids" but only 2-3 of them were good. Ruby Sanctum was thrown together and put in to alleviate frustration towards a content drought after ICC launch.

Ah, too bad you gave up. I was looking forward to the discussion of inner workings of Blizzard's design teams.
    Having been a Product Develeopment Lead in Fortune 200 company for the past 20 years, I was thinking you maybe could have given me some new pointers on how design teams can be distilled into just one person who calls all the shots..

That would mean quite the savings for my company. Millions of dollars actually.
    Well.. maybe next time..
    Wtf does that have to do with anything. Stay on topic. No one cares about your company or your claims. Your point is extremely irrelevant to the original point made. God I feel sorry for your company to have employed someone as ignorant as you. Probably the dude who sits and drinks coffee watching others working flexing his muscles about his status. Daddy get you that job? Fraternity bro? Surely you couldn't have earned it being as ignorant as you are. You can't even Reply to the original point with playing with your fucking epeen. Go brag about your "accomplishments" in a discussion that's relevant to that point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Stop being so incendiary Mr. Furry.Also, Wrath had 3 single-boss raids, a rehashed vanilla raid and the failure that was Trial. So yes Wrath padded the numbers with "lots of raids" but only 2-3 of them were good. Ruby Sanctum was thrown together and put in to alleviate frustration towards a content drought after ICC launch.
    well wrath had 12 millions subs at its peak, wod didnt have nothing near it at its peak

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peppered View Post
    What about mmo-c class forms? And whom are the people that design those simulationcraft.org dps lists and talent breakdowns and whatnot?
    Some stickied threads on MMO-C class forums are indeed lead by those very same people, but I can't vouch for all of them.
    The people that do the simming are the active theorycrafters in their spec communities.