Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    None of it actually holds as evidence I mean. The sample size we have here is SO limited it's unreal, you're gathering your data from a pool of like 6 guilds spanning over like 40 players. This isn't how research is done and it literally proves nothing other than you're trying to find a pattern. I take it you're not a research assistant irl
    I take it you've never had to deal with sample sizes irl and just adhere to the lets poll every single person philosophy.

A guild member just got his 2nd legendary(1st was about 7days ago). He's has 840's and runs some mythics.
    Everyone else, 0.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I take it you've never had to deal with sample sizes irl and just adhere to the lets poll every single person philosophy.
    I was a full-time research assistant at a University for 3 years. I kind of know how to sample data... But sure, use your internet education, it's working out really well for your arguments.

There's been raid leaders/GMs of high profile guilds confirming this for their guilds and I tend to believe them, evidence or not. It might sound daft but that's how it is.

I was a full-time research assistant at a University for 3 years. I kind of know how to sample data... But sure, use your internet education, it's working out really well for your arguments.
    I worked in the economics field for 2 years, and almost all my work was with stats. But sure I'll trust a random stranger on the internet that they are not full of it.

I'm talking about actual players who have the items equipped on them. So actual links or guild names with the players. We're looking at the players who A) Have a Legendary item and players who B) Have 2 Legendary items. Not the players who have apparently witnessed this, so to be clear, it's the the actual guild links and players involved were the numbers are important.
    It's impossible to equip 2 legendary items at this stage of the game.

In our guild 2 guys looted 3 legendaries so far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftangriff View Post
    It's impossible to equip 2 legendary items at this stage of the game.

In our guild 2 guys looted 3 legendaries so far.
    Who mentioned equipping them, we're talking about owning 2 Legendary items here

- - - Updated - - -

I worked in the economics field for 2 years, and almost all my work was with stats. But sure I'll trust a random stranger on the internet that they are not full of it.
    Says the stranger doing the EXACT same thing. Can tell logic is your strong suit already. Either way, off-topic here. You're basing your numbers off of the thing you're saying you don't trust. There's been 1-2 legitimate links to guilds and Legendary drops here on this forum, the rest has been hear'say.

So it seems like you really do in fact trust random strangers on the internet, when it suits you obviously.

In my guild 2 people have had 2 legendaries, another 2 have had 1 each and that's it. Is strange to see SO MANY guilds reporting they have players with 2 legendaries and nobody else.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Well i have provided links to not only my own legendary drops but people i know. Hell i can give you a screen of them in my bags with a time stamp.
    https://puu.sh/rc72e/97a715fd60.png

Doesn't mean jack shit. So much university research is done wrong it's ridiculous. Especially state funded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Doesn't mean jack shit. So much university research is done wrong it's ridiculous. Especially state funded.
    The result can be wrong but the methods used to gather and test data are generally not the issue. You have a target result, if you're wrong about what you want out of the data then ya, it's wrong. It's all theory.

Deleted
    Let's, for a moment, assume it's not a bug and this is the way the system has been designed. That would mean that the whole legendary concept is useless in Legion, because it's simply a waiting game for the 1st one and then you'll get all of them by the end of Emerald Nightmare, which would inherently contradict their initial statement of the legendaries being rare.

Which one seems more plausible?

I watched Sherlock Holmes as a kid, so my detective skills are top notch. Here is what is happening:

1. Bad luck protection is not on currently.
    2. Looting a legendary turns the bad luck protection on.

I personally assume it is not meant to be turned on currently nor is it meant to be turned on when you do get lucky and loot a legendary. Blizz probably intends to turn it on next Tuesday.

pls...

It's obviously all computer generated, which is next to impossible to be TRULY random, but it's as close as you're going to get. So yes, it's essentially random.
    why are you saying this crap then? are you getting sequental prng numbers or what? that's not the case for MMO

Deleted
    There is definitely something going on. I took a look at the guild method and a mage called Jarim got 2 legendaries within 1 hour, I can't post link but check his feed.

Also looking at the character Scogun, he has gloves equipped and lookinbg at the guild feed he looted another one 15 hours ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by btard View Post
    pls...

why are you saying this crap then? are you getting sequental prng numbers or what? that's not the case for MMO
    You're categorizing the element of RNG into the genre of game we're playing? What?

Nah because now his bad luck protection is activated so he should get another one shortly.
    Forgot to mention it was his 2nd though. First was the ring which procs from CC

Deleted
    I've read through the "evidence" and none of it actually holds, it's legit full of people claiming about their guildies getting multiple Legendary items. Sorry to say but you're just imagining a pattern and brain is trying to cling onto any shred of hope that proves that theory correct.

Honestly just google "Apophenia" and have a read. This is literally exactly what you're doing right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks man, will check it out when I get home Interesting stuff, but it really feels like you're looking for patterns.
    I really hope you're trolling, you're totally fucked up if any different idea than the one that everyone agrees with(once again, proving it with evidences) passes through your brain.

Says the stranger doing the EXACT same thing.
    That was the point. Your experience in university is meaningless here.

Deleted
    That was the point. Your experience in university is meaningless here.
    And the experience you cited to is equally irrelevant. Regardless you're literally doing the exact thing you said you don't do. Gathering data from what strangers are saying on the internet and trusting it. Well done, gold star.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgok View Post
    I really hope you're trolling, you're totally fucked up if any different idea than the one that everyone agrees with(once again, proving it with evidences) passes through your brain.
    Evidence isn't hear'say or opinion.